Ramanand Sagar’s grandson Reacts To Ranbir’s Ramayana

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 days ago

During a recent interview, Ramanand Sagar’s grandson, Amrit Sagar commented on Nitesh Tiwari’s Ramayana, emphasizing the importance of portraying Hindu mythological epics “faithfully” in films and shows.

“I feel that Ramayan should be made by everybody, why not? Nobody has a copyright on Ramayan. My only thing with that is do it honestly. Don’t try and make the Ramayan like ‘Now I will make the Ramayan through this person’s perspective, or that person’s perspective. Ramayan is not that. It is the story of Ram, that is why it is titled Ramayan.” he told Indian Express.

He added, “Ramleelas have been happening in this country for centuries. And they follow the story completely.”

Source : ‘Don’t Try And Make..’

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Who is this Ramanand Sagar? And who is this Ramanand sagar's grandson? And why is his reaction on Ranbir's Ramayana important?

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sita deserves to have it told from her POV because trust me Amrit Sagar JEEE , having to tag along with your husband into the woods, getting kidnapped by a demon ,having to live under a tree in his garden , having to remind him over and over  No means No , going through all that only to be brought back and told you have to walk through fire because some washerman  thinks you aren't 'pure' enough ...and the icing ;- being abandoned when you're pregnant with twins ,.not the average woman's idea of fun.  

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Fantasy Force

Very true. They should stick to the actual story. Instead of playing with CGI etc. Adipurush was horrendous to say the least. 

I watched a simple ramayan movie in childhood and liked it. Don't remember the name.

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thanks for posting the scene from Lajja..One of my most fav movie and the most fav scene… this movie was so good but didn’t work. Best performance by all women’s..!! This movie was so so better than the current lot of so called women oriented movies

Edited by nema123 - 10 days ago
SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: nema123

Thanks for posting the scene from Lajja..One of my most fav movie and the most fav scene… this movie was so good but didn’t work. Best performance by all women’s..!! This movie was so so better than the current lot of so called women oriented movies

I agree;- it was ahead of its time.  Great writing and the music was quite good too. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't agree with him.I've read Ramayana from Urmila's perspective and it was very interesting to hear the views of a minor character. She is very protective of Sita and confronts Rama about abandoning her pregnant sister in the forest. She's even more angry that he used her husband like a servant for performing this terrible deed. Of course Rama pacifies her and sends her on her way. But it was very cathartic to hear someone asking the question.

Maniratnam's perspective on Ravan was also interesting. Here Rama is viewed as leading an invading force barging into the life of the native people. And he stood by and let his brother officer assault the modesty of Ravan's sister. You can see why Ravan wanted to retaliate.Tamils have an interesting perspective on Ravana so different from the rest of India.

Bilkul sahi baat! I completely agree with him. 👍

Nevermind 

Edited by NathuPaapi - 9 days ago