Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Posted: 15 days ago

For Bangladesh, their batting has step up. After a nervy successful run-chase against Sri Lanka, they failed to chase down South Africa's 113 as they suffered an agonising 4-run defeat. They picked up two 20-odd-run wins in the next two matches but it's their bowling that's done the heavy lifting. 

They are coming up in recent times with their improved batting and bowling. 

SoniRita thumbnail

India

There are umbrellas up for the broadcasters (although Ricky Ponting doesn't think he needs one). Toss has been delayed

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Good evening from Sir Vivian Richards stadium! The bad news first. It's raining. Just a light shower at this stage but it's enough to see the covers rushed out."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Covers are coming off, so hopefully not a long delay.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Jp: "Any idea what game we're expecting? High scoring, spinner friendly deck etc ?Warner to ton up is the only certainty." This ground has the second-highest scoring rate of the tournament behind St Lucia.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Neal: "Surprised that some are saying Starc's place could go to Ellis. I would have thought Hazelwood would make way. Thoughts?" - It's a very interesting discussion. Starc and incredible white-ball bowler, but Hazlewood so good as well. Ellis not doing much wrong.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Aayushman: "Hope Australia are not leaving out Mitchell Starc. I love Nathan Ellis, but this is not the game to be leaving out Starc for."

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

India

5:33 amUPDATE - 5.33 am IST (12.30 am GMT) - Uh, oh! It has started to rain out of nowhere and is concerning enough for the ground staff to cover the entire square. As a result, the toss has been delayed for now. There is a strong breeze blowing across, and let's hope it blows the rain away.

Savera84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

For Bangladesh, their batting has step up. After a nervy successful run-chase against Sri Lanka, they failed to chase down South Africa's 113 as they suffered an agonising 4-run defeat. They picked up two 20-odd-run wins in the next two matches but it's their bowling that's done the heavy lifting. 

They are coming up in recent times with their improved batting and bowling. 

Madhu and Soni, I will be going into a meeting at 10:30 (6AM IST) which will go on until 11:30 AM (7AM IST).  Just for your information.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

Najmul Shanto: I'd have bowled first as well, but happy to bat. We made one change, Shaki Mahedi comes in and Ali isn't playing.

Mitchell Marsh: We are going to bowl first. Looks a decent wicket, don't think it'll change too much. It's always nice to get used to the conditions, we have played one game here. The wickets have played pretty well, hopefully we have a great game. As the tournament goes deeper, the pressure rises. Trusting our game, sticking to our style and more importantly enjoy the game. Two changes. Starc and Cummins come in for Agar and Ellis.

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field