Users

Frequent Posters

Bacillusbadius thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Afg heavily relied on their top order

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Suryakumar Yadav, Player of the Match: I think there's a lot of hardwork, there are a lot of processes and routine involved in it. I am clear in my mind what I want to do. I don't mind giving this Player of the Match to a bowler. First time it's going to a batter (from India in this tournament), I don't mind. I think you just need to know your game plan, and just play accordingly. I still remember when Hardik came in to the bat, I told him let's bat with the same intent. Let's keep pressing the pedal and keep pushing, in the end very happy with a score of 180.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most consecutive wins for India in T20Is

12 bw Nov 2021 & Feb 2022

9 bw Jan 2020 & Dec 2020

8 bw Dec 2023 & June 2024*

SoniRita thumbnail

India

India had two big questions before the game. Will Kohli and Rohit score a few quick runs at the top? They didn't. Dube's spin bashing prowess to come to the fore? Neither did that happen. So, despite the two things not working for India, they managed to score something which was above par. But Pant's energy infusion again worked like it did in earlier games. SKY's potent game against spin and Pandya's knack of coming good when it matters the most. And then Bumrah hit Afghanistan. Only 7 runs from 4 overs and 3 wickets as bowling figures. What more can we say? He is just enhancing his own reputation. But Kuldeep's spell and Jadeja's as well would have pleased India's management. Those middle overs would be crucial as the campaign reaches the business end and the duo were pretty good.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most POTM awards in T20Is

15 Suryakumar Yadav (64 mat)

15 Virat Kohli (120)

14 Virandeep Singh (78)

14 Sikandar Raza (86)

14 Mohd Nabi (126)

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most consecutive wins for India in T20Is

12 bw Nov 2021 & Feb 2022

9 bw Jan 2020 & Dec 2020

8 bw Dec 2023 & June 2024*

All ten batters out caught in an innings in T20 WCs

Afg vs Eng Perth 2022

Afg vs Ind Bridgetown 2024

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rashid Khan: That was a surface we thought we could chase 170-180. You just go there and how you play. Against bigger teams, we should be thinking we will have to chase such scores. Body is feeling well. I struggled a little in the IPL. I am hitting the areas consistently now. We have enjoyed everywhere we have played. We forget our own skills sometimes. If the conditions are there, we will look to use it.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Rashid Khan: That was a surface we thought we could chase 170-180. You just go there and how you play. Against bigger teams, we should be thinking we will have to chase such scores. Body is feeling well. I struggled a little in the IPL. I am hitting the areas consistently now. We have enjoyed everywhere we have played. We forget our own skills sometimes. If the conditions are there, we will look to use it.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most POTM awards in T20Is

15 Suryakumar Yadav (64 mat)

15 Virat Kohli (120)

14 Virandeep Singh (78)

14 Sikandar Raza (86)

14 Mohd Nabi (126)

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: The last two years, we have come here and played some T20 games. We planned a little well. We adapted well to the conditions that were offered. We knew the class of our bowling line up will defend this. Everyone coming in and doing their job. That is something we keep talking about. Surya and Hardik's partnership was a good one in the end. We know what Bumrah can do for us. It is important for us to use him smartly. He is the one who is ready to take the responsibility as well. Whereever he plays, he is always ready to take the responsibility. I got to assess the conditions. Looking at the opposition we are ready to make any changes. We thought three spinners would be good, we went for that. Going forward if needed, I am open to playing three seamers.