Show Discussions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WinterBreeze thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: anu41982

Both Murtasim and Meerab were flawed, they both equally had some very questionable character traits, but I would not categorise both of them as red flags either. Both of them had anger issues, which clouded their judgements - Murtasim tend to become logical when he cooled down, whereas Meerab's scale slightly tipped towards to being self-centric. Meerab was insanely egoistic and naively idealistic - not a good combination, and also highly impulsive. Murtasim literally tried to balance his relationships, which cannot be considered as healthier sometimes - one of the main reasons why he didn't initiate any pest control for Haya (I have borrowed this word from Gunn, it is one of my favourites! smiley4) sooner, because that was his mothers territory. Similarly, he considered Meerab and himself as a unit - they can fight and kill each other within their territory, but in front of the world, he fought for her. That is why after Mariam's kidnapping, when he couldn't convincingly fight her case, he just took her away and left her in Karachchi. Also, it was the same reason why he was hurt and broken at that point - that even after him bearing his heart out and begging, she didn't listen to him and acted on her own. For him, they were supposed be a 'team' (His wife was a headstrong as much as he was, probably more than him, she was untamed!). He sucked in communication (both of them did, either their anger or ego would always come in between hindering any scope for 'words'!). Whenever there was an issue between them - his solution was to run away, keeping himself away from her - this is the same mistake that costed him dearly at last. Every time he ran away or tried to run away or tried to distance him from her at the onset of issue, one way or the other Meerab took the initiative to come back to him (though there still was lack of communication, she ran back to him) and at that last time, when he ran away, she was too heart broken to do anything about it, so she decided to run away this time!

I think after the separation, they both have changed into better individuals in terms of their shortcomings. But nevertheless, they both were flawed individuals, but they are not really toxic (in fact, all TB characters were more or less flawed; of course with the exception of Haya, she was out and out negative! smiley2).

Agree with each and every point you have mentioned. Both had temper issues, separation helped them become better although it was handled illogically. One thing I liked about Murtasim most was he valued family, relationships and he was not willing to compromise on maryam marriage aspect because he could not allow an outsider into the family. You see he was not bothered about haya as he did not see her as any threat. Shaadi kara do sab theek ho jayega was his thought LOL. It was meerab who knew how evil haya can get, nobody else did. Poor girl, she was handling her alone. I loved how Murtasim avoided dealing with behaya in the last episode and let maa begum only handle her. There was always this silent agreements between Maa begum and Murtasim. I loved this mother-son duo. But in trying to keep everyone happy, he did not take any necessary decisions to protect his marriage.

You brought a good point how Murtasim always avoided her during conflicts, stayed away from her, gone missing at nights. He was like isko kabhi kuch bol doonga tho she might leave me then and there 😂

Meerab confessed that she helped maryam to run away, no matter what the reason is, no family would be ok with it. It broke Murtasim so the best he could do was to leave Meerab at karachi.

Both were flawed as per their character traits and made it an interesting watch. Also because they changed.

Edited by WinterBreeze - 2 months ago
Swathi.A thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: WinterBreeze

Agree with each and every point you have mentioned. Both had temper issues, separation helped them become better although it was handled illogically. One thing I liked about Murtasim most was he valued family, relationships and he was not willing to compromise on maryam marriage aspect because he could not allow an outsider into the family. You see he was not bothered about her as he did not see her as any threat. Shaadi kara do sab theek ho jayega was his thought LOL. It was meerab who knew how evil haya can get, nobody else did. Poor girl, she was handling her alone. I loved how Murtasim avoided dealing with behaya in the last episode and let maa begum only handle her. There was always this silent agreements between Maa begum and Murtasim. I loved this mother-son duo. But in trying to keep everyone happy, he did not take any necessary decisions to protect his marriage.

You brought a good point how Murtasim always avoided her during conflicts, stayed away from her, gone missing at nights. He was like isko kabhi kuch bol doonga tho she might leave me then and there 😂

Meerab confessed that she helped maryam to run away, no matter what the reason is, no family would be ok with it. It broke Murtasim so the best he could do was to leave Meerab at karachi.

Both were flawed as per their character traits and made it an interesting watch. Also because they changed.

Do u have idea why title track was about bewafai?

Though the track was impactful but lyrics were full on about bewafai only na.. Is there any other meaning to it ?

WinterBreeze thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: Swathi.A

Though the track was impactful but lyrics were full on about bewafai only na.. Is there any other meaning to it ?

The lyrics were in both male and female versions. So for hype they might have gone ahead with such harsh lyrics is what I think. Also, they have abandoned each other and got separated so bewafai in terms of separation may be.

Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Swathi.A

The main issue between them was trust. Murtasim thinking she ran away with Rohail and Meerab not trusting him about Haya. They also had sex in the worst possible situation which led to a lot of muddled feelings and thoughts. The bewafai is cleared up by Murtasim in that scene with Maa Begum where he said her leaving him with Rohail was her bewafai and she couldn’t help herself from that. And Meerab’s thought process during the separation was how could she tolerate a third person in the relationship meaning Haya.

Bewafai literally means disloyalty so it basically comes back to their mistrust and their actions as a result of that. Meerab punishing Murtasim by leaving him for 2 years and Murtasim passing his judgement on her keh she cheated on him.

Anti-Mandli thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Where in the USA they're coming?