Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swathi.A thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

I wasn’t here during Tere Bin airing but having seen it without so much dissection, I also thought the same things! smiley36 We were just discussing about it today so I’ll post my thoughts here for you as well.

I think it was going to be implied through Haya that it was MR with the audience thinking along it too only to be cleared in that hotel scene with Meerab where she’s thinking about him and clearing it up for the audience. I think her running away was going to be a mystery for a while but seeing the backlash the makers didn’t want to play with the audiences emotions and showed it right away that it was consensual. Nooran was still sick to kind of imply it though and keep the audience guessing. But anything for shock value right smiley29

If you see Meerab’s scene in the hotel that’s not someone who was just raped 😂 she was literally missing Murtasim 2 seconds later. It was more about her being shocked at herself and being in denial and running away. She couldn’t come to terms with what she had done and what had transpired especially given the circumstances under which it happened and the whole Haya situation. The scenes we get of Meerab are even reflecting on that keh how could she have been okay with Haya? So the contemplation she does is basically missing Murtasim and not dealing well with her trust issues.

I guess we will never know but this is what I believe happened. Maybe things were different for people on SM when you guys were analysing it all BUT as someone who didn’t this is what I understood - sometimes over analysing and too much info can change expectations

last episode main it was important to show their growth. Neither Murtasim questioned about Farrukh or Rohail and neither did Meerab question him about Haya. Why would they? Ghalti Haya ki tou nahi thi it was Meerab who ran away and left him for years. So I saw a maturity in both which was absent before. They chose each other over their egos and mistrust. And forgave each other.

Imagine a scene where Meerab had questioned him about Haya! It would have looked so immature of her again and needless waste of screen time. Instead we saw complete acceptance and understanding. Sometimes staying silent is what’s needed and for two people who NEVER were? That showed growth to me. Kis moo se Meerab poochti uss se yar after leaving him with no hope? She was in no position to demand answers. Bus khush thay dono to finally be together which worked for me smiley27 all that mistrust and taunts in the past smiley20

Now some people also point to the apology at the end of the series… People who thought it was apologising for MR are the same people who always whitewashed Murtasim and placed the blame on Meerab since day 1. Murtasim was a red flag throughout the show. Was he making efforts with Meerab, yes! Did wahaj make him likeable? Yes! But he was a red flag through n through. He always believed Haya over Meerab, never gave her benefit of the doubt, mistrusted her with Rohail, taunted her, asked her to jump off the roof - people keep forgetting that he did plenty of crap. Their main issue was their lack of trust and misunderstandings. A big part of that separation track was Murtasim realizing that it wasn’t rohail or meerab’s fault but he also had a part to play and despite trying Meerab simply couldn’t love him. That’s what he ultimately was forced to believe when Meerab left. That she left because of his way of thinking and lack of trust. They separated also under the worst situation when they both didn’t trust each other. So the apology Mujhe tou blanket apology hi lagi thi that he wanted to be a reasonable man now and give her his trust and her freedom.

Idk you have to keep in mind that some people were also hating on Tere Bin at that time and some people might have skewed that moment for some fans. Everyone was quick to pinpoint keh if it wasn’t MR then what’s the sorry for? Forgetting entirely that Murtasim koi doodh ka dhulla howa kabhi bhi nahi tha. It’s just people hating on Meerab and white washing Murtasim who think keh MR could be his only crime smiley36 And the apology was for one specific thing. Halaan ke Apology was for their overall relationship and how bad things went for them - which is why he says I’ll become whatever you want me to become now.

Even when this whole storyline never even ended up happening in the show some randoms will insinuate that it happened just to trash on the show when reality is that whether it was there or not, the makers respected their audience and listened. Given how arrogant show makers we have these days this was something novel indeed. Look what happened with recent hit shows which were disasters. Channel and makers couldn’t even respect the audience and kept churning out crap. So I love that 7th sky looked at the bigger picture and didn’t keep anything for shock value but adapted it in a better way. Kudos to them.

I'm glad you pointed out all of murtasim's faults.. I was afraid if people here dint see any fault in him at all.. In my view both Meerab and Murtasim were wrong at many places.. Meerab's repeated damkis that she will leave him for every single thing, showing off that this relationship doesn't matter to her even 1% and murtasim always trusting haya despite knowing her intentions all this screwed their amazing relationship ..

My anger lies with writers only.. They could have covered all this loopholes in those remaining 10 episodes but left it as it is.. They could have shown so much growth ..

Nevertheless it is iconic show and people love it,I also love it but there is a smal wish still inside me that it could have been written even better like ZGH..

WinterBreeze thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

https://x.com/saadi7171/status/1809223635678208032?s=46

A sexier AH has never been uttered smiley42 That focused scorching eye contact between them 🔥 MB was just a prop here smiley37

Tere Bin had some good scenes which showed how newly weds behave around each other soon after the wedding. Something I felt ITV never showed properly like these cute romances. I felt kidnapping track came very soon, suddenly everything turned too serious. Nevermind.

WinterBreeze thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: anu41982

Firstly, Welcome to the TBverse Swathi! smiley32And Happy one-year TB finale anniversary to rest of my fellow forum-wasis!smiley32

There was no MR. For me, Meerab’s behaviour after all that fiasco was the biggest corroboration for no MR. Many of the forum members (including me) have dissected this many a times during the time this episode aired. For one, Meerab should have shown a mixture of rage, disgust and terror (one or the other) for Murtasim if she was a victim of MR. Knowing Meerab, it should be more of rage and disgust (If you want to remember how Yumna’s portrayal of rage/ disgust is, you just need to only look into the previous episode and watch that slap and almost spit scene.). But she showed none – when she left the Khan haveli she was sad to leave, there was no hate in her voice when she mentioned that she is ‘Murtasim Khan’s wife’ to the guard. All the times she remembered Murtasim’s name afterwards, her thoughts were melancholic. This was the same Meerab who failed to forgive their adopted parents, who were the centre of her universe for the majority of her life, for lying to her on her parentage. So, it is hard to believe that the same Meerab could forgive Murtasim, how much so she is in love with, for such a heinous crime so quickly and easily. Besides, once she said to Farukh that Murtasim was not bad – ‘Bura nahi hain woh…Woh bura nahi, mere haalath bure the’ (Ep.53) – I am not going to believe that Meerab will ever say that if there was MR! So, no there was no MR!

Was it the intention of the makers to show MR and whether they have changed the plot after the backlash? Honestly, I don’t think so. That is hell lotta plot change! They may have intended to keep the viewers guessing about it for at least couple of episodes and may have changed that and clarified right away after the backlash. The reason for guessing game – who knows, maybe for some viewers, MR’d be an easier explanation for Meerab’s leaving, maybe because Nooran is diabolically theatrical; whatever the reason is, or whether they had any intention of it or not – we were saved from all that!

If there was no MR, why did Meeab leave? – The reason, the curious case of ‘Meerab’s azaadismiley2. She said she picked her ‘azaadi’ as her punishment. Why would she punish herself for having consensual sex? She believed she lost – lost the love and respect for her in Murtasim’s eye – and she believed it was her fault. When Meerab returned for Maryam’s ruksati and was looking at Murtasim from behind – that was a look of a woman who is in love with her man, that was a look of knowing exactly what she felt for him. By that time, she has realized that she has fallen for him. But when he turned, it was Haya’s name that he took (can’t blame the man, the pixie was being such a nuisance!) and the surprise in his eyes was quickly masked and replaced by blankness. Meerab is so used to see care and adoration or some type of intense emotions for her in Murtasim’s eyes. Not seeing that in his eyes disturbed her. If that was not enough, Murtasim didn’t even flinch or flex a single facial muscle to save her when she collided with that woman – not a norm, he is wired to protect her, always instinctively reached to protect her in previous times. This time, he just watched and taunted, it was her same man who once said that he will protect her at her every step. These and all the Haya fiasco that followed in their room, made her believe that she had lost him and as well as, all that he had for her. The final nail in the coffin was him leaving that room after everything, without even glancing at her – it was out of his own guilt, he needed his time out to console himself, a big mistake from his side, because his wife needed him the most! So, she decided to leave and have her ‘azaadi’ as her punishment for losing the only one relationship she had - for losing her 'home'! (Why she picked her ‘azaadi’ as her punishment? – I may need a separate, a very long post to explain that smiley1.)

Regarding Meerab not vocalizing her feelings to Murtasim, I stand with the way it was shown. Didn’t Murtasim once say ‘Mohabbat bataya nahi jaatha, pata chal jaata hain’? Her not confessing her feelings but showing it just by willingly coming back to him with their daughter in her arms, is all the confirmation her husband needed. The confession with Saba is just for us audience, Meerab’s husband didn’t need it - because long before, Murtasim had figured out she loves him but would never vocally accept it – look at the way the realization dawns on him at the breakfast of the morning after fish allergy when she clearly lied about the breakfast preparation or at the beginning of their date night when she bluffed that she had not felt his love yet.

The last episode – I forgot all my complaints when Murtasim said ‘Tum ho to sab hain, tumse sab hain’. I forgave the makers for everything, all the loopholes, just because of this dialogue! smiley42

(Sorry for the long post! I came to the forum to write something on TB, because I was feeling nostalgic with the finale anniversary, and your post gave me the perfect chance to write. smiley1smiley42)

You have explained it really well.

I believe the makers wanted to keep the audience in suspense and wanted to reveal later in a different manner or through the same monologues. I doubt if the monologues were edited later. When I watched the episode first time, I was confused but its the way how meerab left and how she was always thinking about murtasim that convinced me that MR did not happen. She was not angry or in rage in next episodes. She looked more like she was in guilt. I have also recommended this show to one of my friend who also did not find it to be a MR incident. It was a total meerasim like plot twist but makers did not handle it properly. May be during the time of its airing the promos, discussion threads, backlash on social media everything convinced fans differently. If only makers had given meerab better monologues for epi 47.

All those colliding scenes indeed had a foreshadowing. It all felt climatic by the end of episode 45, with all the situations calling in for a major showdown between meerab murtasim. I will forever be angry that they did not handle this track properly.

Regarding the confession part, what you are saying is making sense. Heavy dialogue confession from meerab would have been very out of character. But may be a small response to Murtasim's dialogues like "Missed you too" would have been good. Also, it would have been nice if meerab had apologized too for going away. Unpopular opinion, but considering how broken their state of mind was, I was expecting a quiet emotional conversation and not a giggly laughter one. But, overall it was a good climax loved by majority.

Edited by WinterBreeze - 3 months ago
WinterBreeze thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

I wasn’t here during Tere Bin airing but having seen it without so much dissection, I also thought the same things! smiley36 We were just discussing about it today so I’ll post my thoughts here for you as well.

I think it was going to be implied through Haya that it was MR with the audience thinking along it too only to be cleared in that hotel scene with Meerab where she’s thinking about him and clearing it up for the audience. I think her running away was going to be a mystery for a while but seeing the backlash the makers didn’t want to play with the audiences emotions and showed it right away that it was consensual. Nooran was still sick to kind of imply it though and keep the audience guessing. But anything for shock value right smiley29

If you see Meerab’s scene in the hotel that’s not someone who was just raped 😂 she was literally missing Murtasim 2 seconds later. It was more about her being shocked at herself and being in denial and running away. She couldn’t come to terms with what she had done and what had transpired especially given the circumstances under which it happened and the whole Haya situation. The scenes we get of Meerab are even reflecting on that keh how could she have been okay with Haya? So the contemplation she does is basically missing Murtasim and not dealing well with her trust issues.

I guess we will never know but this is what I believe happened. Maybe things were different for people on SM when you guys were analysing it all BUT as someone who didn’t this is what I understood - sometimes over analysing and too much info can change expectations

last episode main it was important to show their growth. Neither Murtasim questioned about Farrukh or Rohail and neither did Meerab question him about Haya. Why would they? Ghalti Haya ki tou nahi thi it was Meerab who ran away and left him for years. So I saw a maturity in both which was absent before. They chose each other over their egos and mistrust. And forgave each other.

Imagine a scene where Meerab had questioned him about Haya! It would have looked so immature of her again and needless waste of screen time. Instead we saw complete acceptance and understanding. Sometimes staying silent is what’s needed and for two people who NEVER were? That showed growth to me. Kis moo se Meerab poochti uss se yar after leaving him with no hope? She was in no position to demand answers. Bus khush thay dono to finally be together which worked for me smiley27 all that mistrust and taunts in the past smiley20

Now some people also point to the apology at the end of the series… People who thought it was apologising for MR are the same people who always whitewashed Murtasim and placed the blame on Meerab since day 1. Murtasim was a red flag throughout the show. Was he making efforts with Meerab, yes! Did wahaj make him likeable? Yes! But he was a red flag through n through. He always believed Haya over Meerab, never gave her benefit of the doubt, mistrusted her with Rohail, taunted her, asked her to jump off the roof - people keep forgetting that he did plenty of crap. Their main issue was their lack of trust and misunderstandings. A big part of that separation track was Murtasim realizing that it wasn’t rohail or meerab’s fault but he also had a part to play and despite trying Meerab simply couldn’t love him. That’s what he ultimately was forced to believe when Meerab left. That she left because of his way of thinking and lack of trust. They separated also under the worst situation when they both didn’t trust each other. So the apology Mujhe tou blanket apology hi lagi thi that he wanted to be a reasonable man now and give her his trust and her freedom.

Idk you have to keep in mind that some people were also hating on Tere Bin at that time and some people might have skewed that moment for some fans. Everyone was quick to pinpoint keh if it wasn’t MR then what’s the sorry for? Forgetting entirely that Murtasim koi doodh ka dhulla howa kabhi bhi nahi tha. It’s just people hating on Meerab and white washing Murtasim who think keh MR could be his only crime smiley36 And the apology was for one specific thing. Halaan ke Apology was for their overall relationship and how bad things went for them - which is why he says I’ll become whatever you want me to become now.

Even when this whole storyline never even ended up happening in the show some randoms will insinuate that it happened just to trash on the show when reality is that whether it was there or not, the makers respected their audience and listened. Given how arrogant show makers we have these days this was something novel indeed. Look what happened with recent hit shows which were disasters. Channel and makers couldn’t even respect the audience and kept churning out crap. So I love that 7th sky looked at the bigger picture and didn’t keep anything for shock value but adapted it in a better way. Kudos to them.

I disagree that Murtasim was a red flag. The infamous jump scene, his expressions clearly showed that he was not expecting meerab to agree to him on the jump part. I have seen with my family friends some real red flags, Murtasim is nowhere near to that. I am not saying Murtasim did not had faults. He should have definitely taken some better decisions.

The maryam track showed, how much he cares for Meerab and his patience towards her. We have to give him that. Even during the fake pregnancy track. Meerab verbally expressed that she wants to leave him. Men are visual creatures, they believe what they see. They cannot second guess what goes in women's minds most of the times. Meerab was trapped by haya but Murtasim would not have been able to see Meerab as a supportive partner especially with the kind of statements she made when it comes to him and his family. But still he always stood for meerab, supported her in law studies. He went against his family, convinced everyone to meet anas for Meerab sake. Red flags won't behave like this. P.S. I am not anti Meerab. I love her too but she also had flaws.

Definitely, tere bin haters promoted this narrative of MR too extensively

Edited by WinterBreeze - 3 months ago
Vani_18 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: WinterBreeze

You have explained it really well.

I believe the makers wanted to keep the audience in suspense and wanted to reveal later in a different manner or through the same monologues. I doubt if the monologues were edited later. When I watched the episode first time, I was confused but its the way how meerab left and how she was always thinking about murtasim that convinced me that MR did not happen. She was not angry or in rage in next episodes. She looked more like she was in guilt. I have also recommended this show to one of my friend who also did not find it to be a MR incident. It was a total meerasim like plot twist but makers did not handle it properly. May be during the time of its airing the promos, discussion threads, backlash on social media everything convinced fans differently. If only makers had given meerab better monologues for epi 47.

All those colliding scenes indeed had a foreshadowing. It all felt climatic by the end of episode 45, with all the situations calling in for a major showdown between meerab murtasim. I will forever be angry that they did not handle this track properly.

Regarding the confession part, what you are saying is making sense. Heavy dialogue confession from meerab would have been very out of character. But may be a small response to Murtasim's dialogues like "Missed you too" would have been good. Also, it would have been nice if meerab had apologized too for going away. Unpopular opinion, but considering how broken their state of mind was, I was expecting a quite emotional conversation and not a giggly laughter one. But, overall it was a good climax loved by majority.

Bold - True ....Tere Bin mostly was murtasim's POV we never really got to know what meerab was thinking even if we did after seperation it was all jalebi what she was self talking it definitely lacked clarity

As far as meerab's confession is concerned the wattapad writers compensated what the writer couldn't.

I actually saw the last episode without any expectation I really thought they would have a very rushed ending.....but I was glad when the incorporated the last emotional scene between them and the khet scene.