Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Update????

Word Count: 1

Aaina25 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

PART THREE

After gathering all the data, Riya presented it.

They all were looking at the evidence board when Arjun spoke up grabbing their attention.

As he was putting forward his exceptional theory her gaze unintentionally got stuck at him.

His intelligence was something she always admired. How he picked up little details regarding every matter!

How could he possibly be so smart and yet be unable to comprehend her feelings for him?

Though it may seem like a crazy notion, it was either real or he was purposefully ignoring it.

She knew he had his insecurities. He had his fears. He had his reasons and she was willing to listen to him only if he ever expressed his fears in front of her.

Her gentle eyes admired him.

"Everyone has a solution for every problem; the only requirement is that the problem should belong to someone else and not to you."

Adarsh clarified the situation for the bewildered Ayush, who did not understand why Arjun did not notice Riya's feelings when they were so obvious.

Simply observe how she gazed upon him. The admiration in her eyes speaks volumes.

At that moment, the guard came inside carrying a bouquet of red flowers, claiming it was for Riya. Ayush hid himself perfectly and squinted his eyes trying to grab about the situation.

Arjun saw the confusion turn to familiarity in her expression.

He could see her admiring the flowers and it didn't go well with him.

Who on earth could have sent her these flowers? On top of that red flowers, emblem of love.

A restless sensation surfaced in his heart.

Jealousy.....

indeed, it was jealousy. Pure jealousy, though he did not want to acknowledge it.

"What is going on?"

Ayush was discovered listening to Adarsh's intriguing query in a corner.

"He's looking at her."

He replied glancing at Arjun & Riya.

"How?"

Adarsh enquired.

"What is meant by "how"? The way we look at someone."

Ayush replied confusingly.

On one side he found clarification in Riya's eyes. On the other hand, Arjun's emotions were still unclear to him.

"It's not about us. It's about how he looks at her."

He was rectified by Adarsh.

"He's staring."

He explained.

"Just staring?"

Nothing about the information satisfied Adarsh.

"Yeah, kind of."

With his eyes squeezed, he spoke.

"He seems to be growing irate,"

The uncertain voice of Ayush resounded.

"That's great."

Adarsh exclaimed making him confused.

"I believe he is not fond of flowers."

Says Ayush, figuring it all out.

"Or he doesn't like the idea of someone giving her flowers?"

Suddenly, Adarsh became enthusiastic.

"You want to say he is jealous."

He asked.

"Yes, he is."

Adarsh concluded by listening to Ayush's scene-to-scene explanation.

Arjun kept staring at Riya, oblivious to the commentary happening behind him.

Her eyes met his at that moment, and she saw the emotion shift in his eyes in a matter of seconds.

Ahh!!! How did he manage to hide his emotions so well? Like, come on, allow your eyes to speak, but in this instance, he was adept at concealing every emotion.

He raised an eyebrow in response to her annoyed expression.

She looked down at the bouquet she was holding right away.

She could not help but smile at those stunning red flowers.

He appreciated that dimpled smile but right now his feelings were different. The reason behind her smile was bothering him.

Taking a deep breath he found himself standing up & leaving the place.

With a look of questioning, everyone looked at his vanishing figure and then at each other.

They shrugged their shoulders, lost in their work, not knowing what to do. But she felt a sudden sadness in her heart when he was gone.

Regardless of how far away he appeared, she found great satisfaction in his mere presence.

Compiling the documents into a file she gathered her courage and walked towards him.

"Signature."

As she said it, he looked up.

Grasping the papers, he started to flip them one by one while scratching at the bottom of the page.

She watched him close the file and forward it to her in a matter of seconds.

She felt his grip on the file tighten as she held it and pulled it in her direction.

She gave him a surprised as well as confused glance.

"You like those flowers?"

He couldn't stop himself from inquiring.

He could not help but feel curious about this question, even though it was extremely unlikely of him.

She looked at him with a complaining gaze.

Like seriously, they had been talking very professionally since they met after a long gap and here he is asking this. Is that more significant? He could have asked her how had she spent this one long year without him. How did she manage to live without him? But no, all he had to say was a long list of ridiculous things, not the important ones.

"Yes, I do."

She grabbed the file, replied, and turned to leave.

Her reply infuriated him.

"You like the bouquet or the sender of those?"

As he strolled next to her, he spoke.

She halted on her spot, turned around, and had a keen look at him who immediately shifted his gaze and started looking everywhere but not at her.

The feeling of jealousy?

Was there a hint of jealousy in his voice?

"What are they talking about?"

An impatient Adarsh asked.

"I am trying to hear."

Nearly clinging to the rope the cleaner was using to clean the glass windows, Ayush said. On the ladder, though, his feet remained steady.

"Clean it properly."

He was reprimanded by a staff member who observed him repeatedly cleaning a specific section.

Ayush sulked at the scolding.

What the hell was he doing man?

This specific query crossed his mind once more.

"Are you still unable to hear them? Shift closer naa."

On the other hand, Adarsh was getting impatient to know every minor detail.

Ayush shut his eyes in frustration and tried to move in jest and and and......

Thuddd........

Arjun and Riya were startled to see the creature that had descended from above and landed on the floor between them.

"Hi."

Ayush waved his hand at Riya and then cast a terrified glance at Arjun.

Yes, the rope got out of his hands as he slipped off the steps and fell between the two.

"Happy morning, Arjun Bhai."

He said hesitantly.

"I mean hap.....happy night.... No, good, yes, good night...... No, I mean good evening."

After struggling a little bit he finally got some right words but one look at Arjun's face and he could sense his evening was going to be anything but not good.

On the other side, Adarsh gasped at what he heard.

Had his friend been caught?

Poor Ayush!!! He was a good soul though.

He was trying to think of an explanation while he stood in front of Arjun.

A fear began to seep into him as he imagined Arjun's reaction.

"You better come up with a solid explanation."

Crushing his small glimmer of hope, Arjun said.

"Adi you idiot!!! You always escape the situation putting me into trouble."

He murmured.

To protect his best friend from Arjun's fury, Adarsh, on the other hand, picked up the phone and called Arjun right away.

He was aware he had set his less-than-serene brother off enough already. Besides, he would been picking fights with everyone else over trivial things.

Adarsh was just enjoying the perks of being the younger one otherwise till now his brother would have mended his ways.

"Bhai, how were the brownies?"

The moment Arjun picked up the phone, Adarsh asked the question.

"What?"

He asked confused.

"I ordered brownies for you on your first day; did not Ayush bring them over?"

Covering up, he said.

"When will you grow up Adi? Do I seem a child to you who has his first day of school?"

With genuine irritation, he asked.

"And for your kind information, it's not my first day of service."

He gave him a dose of common sense.

"Oho Bhai we should celebrate little things because these little celebrations give us great happiness."

Rolling his eyes, Arjun then cast a sidelong glance at Ayush, who was standing there looking fearful, fear that never escaped from the great ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte's eyes.

"Are you sure your friend is here to deliver the brownies?"

He asked squinting his eyes at Ayush who immediately looked towards him.

Arjun could see relief spreading across his face.

Immediately, his mind informed him, "Kuch to choot raha hai."

Brownies!!! He could only be saved today by brownies.

Ayush thought before speaking up.

"I gave that box to Chotu and he finished all the brownies."

Reluctantly, he spoke.

Arjun rolled his eyes at the information. It was not unbelievable in the least.

"Chotu and his obsession with food."

He muttered and put his phone back bidding a bye to Adarsh.

"You may leave now."

Gazing at him, he said.

"Thank you, Bhai."

With a sigh of relief, Ayush walked quickly in the direction of the door.

"Listen!!!"

Just as he was about to open the door, Arjun's voice startled him, causing him to freeze in place.

Gradually, he turned around and prayed to God for protection.

"Are you aware of how someone appears when they lie?"

Arjun leaned over and placed his hands on the table.

"N....no..."

Ayush stammered.

"Then go and have a look at yourself in the mirror."

Arjun gave him a death glare.

Flabbergasted by his words, Ayush stood there.

"Come on. Go & do as I said."

He said calmly but that calmness was scaring Ayush.

He reluctantly met his gaze, which said, quite clearly, "Dare to mess with me."

Ayush swallowed fearfully. All he wanted was to leave this cabin safe & sound.

"I will not act patient always. You both better understand that."

Ayush gave a forceful nod, but the word "both" struck him.

"B...both?"

Mustering all of courage he asked.

With a raised eyebrow, Arjun seemed to inquire, "Do you think I would not have known this?"

Ayush looked at him horrified.

"Both of you. You and your partner in crime."

Arjun stated.

Ayush nodded, mentally cursing Adarsh.

"Sh.... should I leave?"

In response, Arjun nodded.

"But....."

As soon as he took a step Arjun's voice again echoed around him causing him to stop in his place.

Wondering what would come next, he turned to face him.

"However, I will make sure to finish what you guys started."

The comment brought fear to Ayush's face. He knew what Arjun was capable of.

"Leave now."

He said.

Ayush wasted no time in running outside. Not outside the cabin, but outside the building altogether.

To steady his breathing, he knelt and placed his hands on his knees. Right then, his phone began to buzz.

Adarsh's voice rang out on the other end as soon as he answered the phone.

"Are you alive?"

"I will not spare you, Adi, you idiot. You consistently get me into trouble."

He yelled standing in the middle of the road.

"But what happened? How did you manage to get caught? Such a pathetic stalker you are."

Adarsh being Adarsh annoyed him further.

"Be at ease, my friend. Arjun Bhai will explain everything to you in detail."

Ayush mocked him.

Adarsh's eyes grew wide at his words, and in the following hours, they were discovered together suffering the repercussions of their brilliant scheme.

"It's all because of you."

As they stood on the balcony together, Ayush accused him.

Adarsh had binoculars in his hands. All the while, Ayush was writing, gripping a pen and a pad.

"I am suffering the penalty with you, too."

Adarsh grumbled as he tried to concentrate on the goal.

"This is something you ought to have considered before acting on your foolish ideas."

Ayush stated.

Arjun had given them the task of following the ten neighbors' homes to hone their stalking abilities. Now they were bound to keep an eye on their boring neighbors who had nothing interesting to do in their lives.

"My idea was not stupid. You are stupid who got caught."

Having to watch such dull people also irritated him. Like seriously, what type of punishment was that?

"Like, really, you fell in front of Arjun Bhai."

Shaking his head, Adarsh spoke up.

"I gave you such a big responsibility and you ended up being in Arjun's Bhai's feet."

He was still not over that.

"As if being a stalker was my childhood dream."

Poor Ayush was constantly writing every detail about their target.

Never again he will stalk anyone in his life, he makes a self-promise.

"You may have thought of yourself as a detective."

Adarsh corrected.

"Adi stop irritating me."

Ayush snapped at him as he put the pad and pen in Adarsh's hands and took the binoculars from him.

"My hands are paining."

He told him. Giving him a sympathetic nod, Adarsh got down to writing.

They alone were aware of the amount of work required to follow those dull characters. They were eventually discovered standing in front of Arjun with the bundle of papers in their hands after compiling all the information.

Both their hands were still painting and they were already done with those binoculars.

Flipping the pages Arjun glanced at the things they had mentioned in those papers.

Mr. Mehra

48 years old

resides with his family.

Practice yoga first thing in the morning.

He loves pasta. Taunting is his hobby.

And onward...

Despite his urge to laugh as he looked at them both, he asked in a serious tone.

"Since you two love stalking, you must have enjoyed it."

"I believe that ten individuals was insufficient; I should add more."

"Nooo...."

In unison, they both let out a shout.

"We apologize, Bhai. I promise we won't stalk you again."

Adarsh said. Ayush, however, gave a forceful nod of his head.

Arjun was amused by the horrific expressions on their faces.

"All right, good, but take this as my final warning."

Putting the papers on the table, he said.

Though Adarsh wanted to ask him something, before he opened his mouth Ayush grabbed his arm and pulled him away from Arjun's sight to prevent themselves from ending up in another troublesome situation.

He exactly knew how difficult it was to shut this over the smart brain and blabbering mouth of his best friend.

But it didn't take so long for Adarsh to come out of the effect of the punishment he got.

He was again found messing with his elder brother.

"Bhai, why were you jealous?"

He asked looking at Arjun who poured water into the glass.

Arjun glared at his younger brother who was sitting on the kitchen shelf and looking at him curiously for an answer.

"I was not at all jealous."

He refused.

"Come on, bhai. Ayush told me that you were angry when Riya received the red flowers."

"I was not angry."

Arjun answered, closing the bottle.

"You felt jealous, which is why you were angry."

Adarsh stated.

Jealous.....

Yes, his younger brother had managed to irritate him with yet another word. He seemed to have made a vow to irritate him.

"Do not play around with me."

Saying that he furiously shut the refrigerator door after placing the bottle inside. He grabbed the glass and marched out of the kitchen in the following few seconds.

Adarsh being Adarsh he didn't stop there. He continued to press him with pointless queries.

Such as "How does it feel to be jealous?" and "Why does he feel that way?" or "Why is he not accepting that he was jealous?" and it didn't stop at that point Adarsh took it to the next day making him almost lose his temper.

Like seriously!!!

Jealous Jealous Jealous......

Adarsh just needed a tiny reason to steal his sanity from him. However, in this series of events Arjun wanted this word to disappear from the entire damn dictionary.

It was a fine morning when Adarsh once again brought out that topic to annoy him.

"Will you just shut up Adi?"

Arjun asked glaring at him dangerously.

"I was just asking."

Adarsh presents himself as innocent.

"Ask me again. I'll let you know the consequences. Samjhe ya samjhaon?"

Adarsh gulped at the dangerous tone.

Undoubtedly, he had put ACP Arjun Suryakant Rawte to some extra measure in terms of patience.

To his well being he shut his mouth for a while because he had to be alive to fix his brother's love life.

"Adi, we are going to be in serious trouble if Arjun Bhai finds out."

In an attempt to make his best friend stop bringing trouble upon himself, Ayush tried to knock some sense into his head.

However, Adarsh happily marked DAY 3 on the calendar.

"Adi, are you even hearing me?"

Noticing that Adarsh's face was devoid of any worry, a frustrated Ayush asked.

Why did he seem so chill, Yar?

Just then Adarsh's phone rang. He grinned as he glanced at the caller ID.

"It is time to take action."

He flashed the phone screen in front of Ayush who was looking at him with a warning in his eyes but who cares? Adarsh just grabbed him with him while answering the call.

Everything was moving smoothly in Dehli Police Head Quarters until they met an angry Arjun.

They all got him yelling at every other person. Everyone wondered what had gotten into him.

"Yar Shree, who has teased the lion?"

Chotu enquired with worry. Shree gave a reciprocal shrug.

Returning to his cabin, he inhaled deeply. He felt irritated, frustrated, and so forth and the reason was her absence.

Yeah, suddenly she was on holiday. And on top of that, she didn't even bother to inform him. Yes, she told Rathore, but he was entitled to know why she was not there as well.

He raked the fingers of his right hand through his hair.

The whole day was going to pass without her presence and this thought was not at all going well with him but having no other option he had to deal with it.

As the day ended he stepped to his house throwing himself on his bed after freshening up. All he could think about was her.

It felt like years since he had not seen her or heard her voice. However, it was just a day.

He wondered how he had spent a whole year without seeing her when he had only been apart from her for a single day and it felt like eternity. It was then that he finally acknowledged to himself that he did miss her.

A sudden realization struck him and he sat up abruptly on the bed.

"Riya, I missed you. I did miss you this whole damn year but I was not ready to accept it."

He gave in. Indeed, he did.

"And in a single day today, I witnessed the reflection of that entire year."

He said to himself in a whisper.

He was unaware that a smile had come to his face. After a considerable amount of time, he finally dozed off since his heart and mind were no longer at war. They both seemed on one page after a long conflict.

When Adarsh eventually made his way inside, he grinned at his brother's sleeping form. He took the comforter and covered him.

"I will make sure that you always have this tranquility on your face. I promise you that."

He kissed Arjun's forehead and left the room after saying those words in the purest sincerity and love.

The DAY 4 was started and Adarsh was very excited as he was sure that today his brother would not be able to hold himself.

He knew that by pushing him so hard, he had forced him to at least argue with Riya, if not converse with her.

However, Ayush had warned him zillions of time but his curiosity led him to put a camera on Arjun's shirt button.

He prayed to God not to be caught this time.

He stood in front of the window, mindlessly staring outside.

Unknowingly, a certain girl had hijacked his thoughts.

Her simple existence had begun to bring him peace. He felt at peace. Peace that's what he had been craving for years.

He believed that only retribution could bring him peace in the days following the death of his cherished wife, but on the day he exacted his revenge, he felt empty-handed.

Never in his life had he felt so empty.

Then he got a friend in her. A friend, he had been craving for years. A friend who was willing to hear him out without passing judgment. A friend who could trust him without needing any proof. A friend Sam had failed to be.

Sam, ACP Sameer Rathore, his once best friend. He could see his efforts to get back to good terms with him but he knew it was never going to happen because a person could never be the same again.

In the middle of his thoughts, his eyes fell on her as she made her way to the conference room.

He marched behind her. He desired to reclaim his friend today.

"Riya."

She heard his voice and stopped in her tracks.

"I want to talk to you."

He said.

She noticed something different in his tone.

She nodded and soon they both were found on the terrace of the office.

Arjun stood, looking down at the traffic, his hands resting on the railing. However, she was staring at him hoping to hear something she wanted to.

"I shouldn't have done this."

He initiated the conversation staring at no particular point.

"I shouldn't have left like that a year ago."

Her heartbeat quickened at his words.

"Riya, I missed you. I missed my friend who never stopped supporting me, never passed judgment on me, and listened to me no matter what."

With an intense gaze, he said.

He noticed moisture rising in her eyes.

"I know we are standing a year apart but still can I have my friend back?"

Taking her hands in his, he asked.

"Have you watched Kal ho na ho?"

He was taken aback by her sudden yet unexpected question.

He nodded, not sure what she was trying to ask.

"At this point, I wanted to say what Rohit Said to Naina....."

She took a moment to speak again, however, he looked at her perplexed.

"The first step to love is friendship and the last step too. Only the distance in between is remaining. Take a step. The path will unravel itself.

Think. Just think.

And for you to think. I give you my entire life."

His hold unconsciously loosened on her hands but she tightened her grip in return.

"Till then, yes, you can have your friend back."

Gazing into his eyes, she smiled broadly.

Her warm grip on his hands spoke assurance.

She was aware that it was abrupt for him, but she had to stop keeping things to herself so she would not regret them later.

She had felt over the past year that perhaps he would have stayed if she had been able to express to him how much he meant to her. Maybe she could have become his reason to stay.

He did not withdraw his hands or turn down her offer. He did nothing but stand and stare at her.

It was unexpected but beautiful. Still, he was cautious about making any snap judgments about how he felt.

He was still not sure. He still required time.

She was willing to give him time until eternity, he knew that just by looking into her eyes.

"What have I done in this world to deserve you?"

He almost whispered.

"You deserve everything."

She said, smiling at him.

With their hands clasped together, they gazed at one another.

Their conversation ended on a soothing note but one thing he knew she was not a friend to him anymore. She had become something else.

And what was that something else? He didn't know.

Adarsh, on the other hand, was dancing while his tiny button camera flawlessly recorded every single detail.

"I told you I told you I told you."

Ayush, who was both excited and afraid, was happily hugged by Adarsh.

Happy for Riya & Arjun and scared of being caught up once again.

Whistling, he walked into his room. Even though his talk with Riya had opened up a lot of other doors, he still felt a sense of serenity in his heart and decided to stop avoiding it.

He was ready to accept what life had to offer him.

He took a position facing the mirror. Setting his wallet down on the vanity, he began to pull out his wristwatch. At that moment, his eyes landed on his black shirt's third button.

Why does that button have a different black color?

With narrowed eyes, he withdrew that one.

His eyes grew wide upon realizing what it was.

What the heck? Who was capable of doing this? Furthermore, how?

His mind started to contemplate fast when something struck in his mind.

"Bhai let me press your shirt please."

His younger brother's extra-sweet voice reverberated in his ears.

"Adi you idiot."

He shut his eyes as he realized his younger brother was still not back off from his stalking.

Holding the camera in his fist, he strode towards his room.

"My legs hurt, Yar. Bhai punished me. He gave the housekeepers a holiday, so he made me clean the house, wash the utensils, and do the laundry on top of that."

Adarsh complaint. It seemed like he would cry at any moment.

"I told you you are messing with the wrong person. In what way do you suppose he will not find out?"

The phone echoed with Ayush's voice.

"Why is he so intelligent?"

He shook his head and asked.

"Why are you so dumb?"

He was counter-questioned by Ayush.

"I am not dumb. I would not have been caught if it had been someone other than Arjun Bhai. He is just very wise, that is all."

He stated. Ayush shook his head at him who was not ready to accept his fault.

I can't write anymore 😭........

Edited by Aaina25 - 1 months ago
Aaina25 thumbnail

.🥺

Aaina25 thumbnail

Finally it's here

Aaina25 thumbnail

🤕

Aaina25 thumbnail

I did it finally

Aaina25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: naaheean

Finally, tum TS ko TS hi rakhne mein successful ho hi gayi....although I'm feeling sad knowing that it's going to be ended this soon. You know, I was genuinely very very happy from inside when I got to know you're not being able to control yourself from writing more n more on this concept. I was literally thinking like, wow, it'll will be really good if this story gets a bit more elaboration, becoming a short story. However, please try to come back more frequently with more new stories on Arjun, or, Ariya, Arni, Arakshi.

_________

How to clear it?

At first, click your IF account's message notification icon if you're logged in, then scroll down & there you'll see both the "inbox" & "outbox" button, press the "inbox" button & there you can see the whole list of pms you've got. There, you'll see a general tick box (select all option) at the upper left corner to clear all the messages of a page at once.

If you want to delete all the messages without filtering what's important & what's not, then put the tick mark on the general tick box & just scroll down to "select the action" option (read/unread/star/unstar/delete), select "delete option" & press the "go" button at the right side.

Also, at the left corner of every message there's a single tick box to select the message separately, thus you can select only those messages you want to delete, keeping the rests. After selecting the specific messages separately, go down to the "select action" option, select "delete" option & press the "go" button at the right side.

Mjhy lgta h me successful nh ho skti 😂

Look phr se, it needs one more chapter

Mein bs wqt ki kami ki wjah se likhna nh chah rhi

Mujh se manage nh hota

R mjhy to wasy e zyada time lgta h coz me one go me chapter nh likh pati

I write highlights then kept on reading again & again and kept on adding into it, phr editing, then changing fonts & all

I wonder Kya Jo log likhtay Hain unky Sath aise hota h ya ye quality mujh me hi payi jati hai 😁

Aaina25 thumbnail

Pta nh Sunday itni jldi Q khtm ho jata h.....(

Update a gyi h

Aaina25 thumbnail

Here I am

Aaina25 thumbnail