You people hate nepotism, but dont make outsider movie HIT

Farhad thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

You criticize nepotism vehemently, yet fail to support outsider films that deserve success. If you truly oppose nepotism, go watch "Chandu Champion." Even if you dislike it, buy a ticket to show that you stand against nepotism. Don't let the crew, lightmen, stuntmen, cameramen, artists suffer. Support outsider films to succeed, but you, the audience, often fail to do so. Instead, you make films like "Animal" and "Gadar" blockbusters despite their nepotistic origins. Indian audiences talk big about stopping nepotism and boycotting Bollywood, but in reality, they do nothing.

Its not that I am a fan of Kartik but I am looking for a logic behind such debate of boycott nepotism. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Just because people hate nepotism, that doesn’t mean they need to make every single outsider film a hit, that’s literally NOT what the entire argument has been about. I hate nepo kids and love Kartik, but I’d never watch Chandu Champion at the cinemas because it just looks boring 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 22 days ago

Originally posted by: Farhad

You criticize nepotism vehemently, yet fail to support outsider films that deserve success. If you truly oppose nepotism, go watch "Chandu Champion." Even if you dislike it, buy a ticket to show that you stand against nepotism. Don't let the crew, lightmen, stuntmen, cameramen, artists suffer. Support outsider films to succeed, but you, the audience, often fail to do so. Instead, you make films like "Animal" and "Gadar" blockbusters despite their nepotistic origins. Indian audiences talk big about stopping nepotism and boycotting Bollywood, but in reality, they do nothing.

Its not that I am a fan of Kartik but I am looking for a logic behind such debate of boycott nepotism. 

Ticket ke paise bhej doh.....pakka dekhne chali jaaongi...smiley20

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Talentless nepo kid nai pasand To kya matlab apni pocket me aag lga le k outsiders ki bakwas picture dekh k unko millionaire bnate rhe

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

I may not like talentless nepos, but I hate the decrease in my bank balance more😮‍💨 

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Personally I can't stand any nepos anymore not even Ranbir someone who I used to like at one point and I find Kartik worth rooting for mainly because he comes across as someone very ambitious and diligent but I don't think it's audiences' fault if they have time and again rejected sports biopic genre off late and you still serve them with another one. It's not like audience has rejected all his other films, even if CC flops Kartik would still be in a better position than most of his contemporaries and that would also be due to audience support.

That munjiya film also has outsiders only if I am not wrong.

I also hate Nepo kids. I only support Outsiders.

Mere Kartu ki film main zarur dekhne jaounga.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Are you from Spice? 🤨 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Just because people hate nepotism, that doesn’t mean they need to make every single outsider film a hit, that’s literally NOT what the entire argument has been about. I hate nepo kids and love Kartik, but I’d never watch Chandu Champion at the cinemas because it just looks boring 

Chandu Champion is not "every single outsider film"...it is  o n e  of the so-called outsider movies...and in addition a - rightly - praised one.

You're intelligent enough to understand that the bold part isn't meant.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Srikanth also derved a better support from the audience as - like this movie - it isn't about economy or sports but about what human spirit and human support is able to achieve... without resorting to violence.

The promotion may have been a failure but the critics tell less about the sport than about the achievement.

Maidaan had been a run-of-the-mill sports movie (underdogs winning, a kind of Chak De revision)... t h i s  one is of another subject.

Edited by Clochette - 22 days ago