70 - BAN vs NZ, Kolkata, 2016 

72 - BAN vs AUS, Dubai, 2021 

75 - NZ vs AFG, Providence, 2024*

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: Bacillusbadius

Chasing this against Afg bowling won't be easy 

Afg have the best bowling attack in the world by distance. The only close competitor is India and that's because of that Cheat Code JB. 

They always needed a proper batter and not just a slogger. They started with a few sloggers and then a few accumulators. They have 3 proper Batters in the team for now. Gurbaz, Ibrahim, Omarzai. 

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

I want New Zealand National Cricket Team (Mens) to win this T20 WC

Hope they introspect, play remaining matches well, play well in Super8 and in semis and final

But it looks difficult now to even reach Super 8 because of NRRsmiley19

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Jimmy Neesham, Rachin Ravindra nahi the aajsmiley25

dusk2dawn thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bacillusbadius

Jimmy Neesham, Rachin Ravindra nahi the aajsmiley25

Rachin was my pick for potm n hs smiley38

Savera84 thumbnail

And that will be all from us for this game. There is still plenty of T20 World Cup action to get stuck into and a very engrossing game between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka is currently on, with Bangladesh chasing 125. Until next time, this is goodbye from me (Shashwat), Chandan, Ranjith and Thilak. Take care, folks!

Savera84 thumbnail

Rashid Khan - One of our best T20 performances from us, especially against a big team like New Zealand. The wicket wasn't easy to score, Gurbaz and Ibrahim batted really well, it was a superb performance with the bat, ball and the field. I'm really happy to be leading this team. I was fine with that (on the slow start), we scored 30 odd in the first six overs, we just chatted about going on from there, playing our natural game, keeping the scoreboard ticking and that's what happened. We knew anything around 160-170, we've the bowlers for these wickets - we just needed to hit consistent lines and lengths, Nabi's second over, that was a positive, there was a bit of spin. If we use our skills, it's tough to chase down 160 against us. The energy in the field, the effort, the running between the wickets was amazing. Win or lose, we just need to give our 100%, if we don't give it, we'll miss something. I don't worry about the result as long as we put in the effort. He has been giving us the base (on Fazalhaq Farooqi), the way he's bowled in the two matches has been amazing, he's very skillful, but he can continue to work on his bases and become even better.

Savera84 thumbnail

Afghanistan are on cloud nine, not only they've two wins on the bounce, they've a superb net run-rate and have almost one foot into the playoffs. On the other hand, this loss will hurt New Zealand and it means their next match against West Indies has become a must-win. It's a big weekend of T20 cricket, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are in the middle of a gripping contest themselves. Change tabs and follow all the action from that match. For now, cheers and bye..

Savera84 thumbnail

Kane Williamson - Yeah, first congrats to AFG, they simply outplayed us in all facets. To get to that total on that surface, they kept their wickets and made a good score. We'll have to put this behind quickly and get back to our next challenge. The boys did work hard in preparations for this match (on the lack of match practice), but it was hard and we need to move on quickly. Games come thick and fast in this tournament. 160 was a tough chase, but we needed partnerships, the skills they had made it difficult for us (on AFG's spinners). Our fielding was a let down, particularly in the first 10 overs, we had our chances and we didn't use them. We need to take a step in the right direction, we know we are better than this, we'll have to go away and give ourselves the best chance going into the next match. We didn't take our opportunities and it goes a long way in changing the outcome of the match. Once they had a score, their bowlers executed their skills well. We'll have a talk about this and then look to come back well in the next match.