Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

smiley36 It's ok I know they are not your favs but I also know that if you will give them a try you will like them because they are so far so well written and just so likeable as individuals and a couple too the progress is happening very nicely and very organically aage dekhte hain.. yeh log rone dhone wale nahi hain and ek dum relatable hain you see them everyday kinda way main

So yeh log time ke saath normalize huye hain dheere dheere they indeed started as a roommates hi..there is a specific dialogue of sharjeena on their wedding night too when he asks aage kya? Kuch socha hai? What you Wan now nikaah toh kar Lia? Toh she specifically says ke consider me as someone sharing your room and I don't expect more from yoh since you have done anyway such a big thing for me and my family and then dheere dheere they are developing feelings esp sharjeena caz he is genuinly such a likeable and nice boy dil ka bohat acha and saaf hai.very emotional /sensitive and care karne wala but woh yeh side zyada dikhata nahi hai caz as he says main sheet ho gaya and the only way I could even get acknowledged was by being a rebel. Matlab uski existence ka koi ehsaas hi nahi hai to his family the only time.thrh notice thag mustafa exists is when he goes against their wishes ya sheet banke kaam nahi karya warna jo bhi kar le they always discredit him and act like he doesn't exist and bas ek hi ebta hai unka.heera beta who is classis af and well gold digger tok pakka opposite to mustafa. Basically kadar nahi karte iski. So whenn sharjeena gives him itna sa bhi bharisa ya confidence that she beleivea in him.she has faith in him she trusts him yeh kich bhi kar guzarta hai for her caz as he said nobody ever have even acknowledged my presence and she is the first one to ever show so much confidence in me and who said ke tjmmache ho( something like that) his conversation with hsi sister when she asked ke why you said yes mustafa and uspe hi isne shaadi kar li thi.

They haven't specifically showed koi khaas dosti ya bonding before their marriage wohi avg bhai ki shaadi ho rahi hai toh msutafa was very kind to her family and her before too when they visited their home as opposed to her fiance who was mean then too bas itna hi dikhaya ke.he was very friendly and had that tehzeeb ka daayra along with playfulness in their interaction then.

Woh aise hui thi ke she overheard her kahala talking to her parents ke hai hai ab kaun shaadi karega etc etc bsaki betoyon ka kya hoga and dusri behan ka jiski shadi same day honi thi and the age old izzat xhali jaayegi uski mahi hogi koi bhi dhoondo jaldi se who will.amrry her the next day warna tabah barbaad BS and she then asked him on a whim when he brought his parents to apologize for what adeel did as the day before where she was humiliated by adeel in the Cafe and msutafa by chance saw that and dropped her home usne honsla dene ke liye kaha tha ke remember you have a friend even if you can't be my bhabhi you will have me as a friend. Toh isne phir usse maar dia tha ke bola tha na toh ab dost ban ke nibhao.. and mustafa nahi na keh paaya tha.mhis mother's whole beef yehi hai ke mustafa apna khayal mahi rakh sakta biwi ka kaise rakhe ga which is valid .she repeatedly so far have said this only ke woh apni zimmedari nahi utha raha ya sakta toh biwi ka kaise karega ..she is non typical in thag sense that she doesn't interfere in their personal relationship.unlile say other moms who are like beta biwi ke saath ache se reb hi nahi sakta ya mera beta cheen lia types..also she is angry caz when adeel rejected her he was kicked out by the dad sk the mom's beef is mere heere bete ko ghar se nikaal dia but she ain't specifically evil evil like avg toxic saas infact they are very normal in the sense ke saath main kaammkarte hain and all even though she shows her strict demeanor to her and kam baat karti hai and all .

So then sharjeena got attracted to this guy and is able to see his goodside time and again In chote chote things and how he does indeed stand fo4 her protect her beizzati nahi karne deta kisi ko kisi Tarah and agar baat sharjeena pe aani ho kisi bhi tarah toh aone pe le leta hai etc toh she has developed feelings for him. I used that scene here too where she sees him as something more while she is reading that was the switch around that rain scene.which happened caz she was having a bad day kaafi things were pressing her and uppar se his carefreeness not responding got that reaction out of her..caz she does have expectations now from him and wants to progress to next level..but yeah they now see each other as husband wife and the level of support and understanding has upped.. and is more into that actual husband wife zone with him actually working too.

While they never made a show of the fact that Sharjeena does her job as well now this week has taken admission for MBA too so there is absolutly no.rok tok and stuff they are actually very progressive and liberal and extremely subtle in all this unlike raddi..and because they are not making a show out of.it people don't register small advancements like this ke he brings her fav burger for her so she can study and stuff ek dum.theh got each other's back hain..

Now as i said next week will see thir sushi like main toofan I guess with the stupid brother and his wife making a comeback..

Phew this was long when I intended to.keep.it shortsmiley36 sorry my bad

Thanks for the summary yaarsmiley36....the family drama I don't really care about so skipped over all that....lol but again as a couple bhi mujhe yeh setup unconvincing lag raha hai for a Pak show....where they make such a big deal about showing a couple even having basic husband-wife interaction post shaadi....yahaan pe randomly roommates banke setup ho gaye and thoda bahut support kar diya toh uske baad ekdum se room sharing mein romance aa gaya? smiley36.....how exactly does that transition to a husband-wife relationship given the norms of Pak TV? LOL so are they already intimate with each other in all this buddiness only? Cuz ITV ki tarhaan proper attraction toh develop karte nahin to show intimacy...lol ya toh thoda bahut eyelocks kar lete hain ya handholding....which usually works cuz they automatically show them in couple mode post shaadi ki bed share kar rahe hain toh husband-wife honge...lol but yahaan it's really hard to read their dynamic from clips or VMs......lol anyways chalo good you are enjoying them....some scenes do look cute in the VM :)

naadanmasakalli thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Thanks for the summary yaarsmiley36....the family drama I don't really care about so skipped over all that....lol but again as a couple bhi mujhe yeh setup unconvincing lag raha hai for a Pak show....where they make such a big deal about showing a couple even having basic husband-wife interaction post shaadi....yahaan pe randomly roommates banke setup ho gaye and thoda bahut support kar diya toh uske baad ekdum se room sharing mein romance aa gaya? smiley36.....how exactly does that transition to a husband-wife relationship given the norms of Pak TV? LOL so are they already intimate with each other in all this buddiness only? Cuz ITV ki tarhaan proper attraction toh develop karte nahin to show intimacy...lol ya toh thoda bahut eyelocks kar lete hain ya handholding....which usually works cuz they automatically show them in couple mode post shaadi ki bed share kar rahe hain toh husband-wife honge...lol but yahaan it's really hard to read their dynamic from clips or VMs......lol anyways chalo good you are enjoying them....some scenes do look cute in the VM :)

smiley36 yahan so far they are not sharing the bed but I guess that will change in the upcoming week.. Caz they are nearing the point I guess where these 2 are gonna leave the house as he wouldn't want to put her in the situation jahan uss bhai ko jhelna pade also I think thoda insult bhi hoga dono ka caz that is his fav thing to do mustafa ko her waqt neecha dikhana and khud ko superior feel.karana and he does have the serious problem ke sharjeena ne kaise shaadi kar li mustafa se..he keeps taunting her ke out of all mustafa but not in he is my brother way he says it with such hakarat and as if he is keeda makkoda way ke woh toh kuch hai nahi etc I guess jealousy bhi hai since his so called rich wife is very dominating and they really have no actual bonding ya rishta despite all the bhar bhar ke elite class wala romance they try to do they are more robots than anything and in cringe zone tbh whatever skip.

Arre but yehi toh intresting hai yeh log isko casually handle kiye hain and showing more normal people uss waqt situation aisi thi but ab uspe bhaith ke saari Umar ek dusre ko taunt maarte ya chui mui rahenge..they are showing attraction too like how he got attracted to her in the room mate mode hi jahan he wanted more intimacy as in uske baal fix kar raha hai while she was sleeping etc jo naturally aaya as in roomssharing hai uppar se biwi hai.. the dancing in the rain .the hug in that rain scene with full haq se she initiated it ke haan I am mad at you but after all you are my husband.. and I want you to make me feel like a wife yehi toh bola tha na with her main dost nahi ke you can't avoid me and treat me as a friend. I am serious about our future which turned that switch ke sirf dost nahi hai and mian biwi wala haq hai and it was transitioning into being more husband wife hain toh raho banke yeh dosti wala bahana ho gaya purana and her consent too that she wants to be his wife for real and samjhauta se aage jaana hai since then they are more into husband wife zone supporting each other and having more of that relationship usse pehle toh yeah he was treating her as a friend and roommate more ke haasi mazak karte hai but he has no responsibility towards her way main but woh ab main jaag gaya scene was to show that realization ke she is allowing it to be something more..usme bhi she was the decision maker pehle ke room share karna hai and baaki thoda pretend in front of my family isse zyada kuch nahi mangoongi but then when she asked for more he did obblige she is the one initiating more physical touch and flirting etc . Woh izzat and deepening of affection /rishta dikh raha hai in their actions and buildup.. let's see when it turns to love and how caz next step toh wohi hoga na and baaki intimacy looks main toh hai hi like the way they exchange them when something happens ya kuch bhi like again in this hospital track every glance they shared and the way they are seeking physical touch in support. Baaki physically as in with sexual tension ( not sure if we can really call it that yet but she yearns for him dikhta hai in that way) bhi they are showing more than usual ptv standards matlab Kahan 2 hugs milte hain in less than 15 episodes toh dikha the way she hugs him so easily ab toh 2 baar kar Dia and they are not your dost wale hugs ab next week ke promo main he seems well aware of it and seems more into yeh kya hua thing. Toh overall they are dealing with the restrictions yet showing a more casual /normal out of drama wala rishta nicely developing where they give each other the margin to be human which then makes you go possible hai line main reh ke dikhana toh kyon nahi dikhate more often

Apparently ary posted some post ke ishq begins this week toh I guess move out hoke ho jaayenge and proper consummation/ bedsharing starts too caz again their promos did had quiete a lot of it by pakistani tv norms. Ehsaas se normalization hui hai inki basically and again if you ask me it is good treatment esp given ke pak show hai and koi bhi thode se bhi normal log dhoondna is a task . It is difficult to explain for me you are the more expert in words department but you can feel it and see it..

mustafa ka character hi aisa hai ke he has this ease toh comfortable Kara deta hai etc he went into tease mode more and playfully handle kar raha tha but then jab woh serious hui toh he switched it too. Baaki they are able to talk to each other and exchange their life Fundas e.g he is like zindagi ko enjoy karo as she was the more uptight ke sab proper hona chahiye wali saath main fully ease/flirt bhi chalta hai

https://youtube.com/shorts/0ASZr6lyaZ4?si=myUByZrZdujMPYtN

See in this there seems to be more awareness in him and woh step up ho raha hai of physical intimacy. That dosti wala roommates connection have transitioned smoothly

https://youtu.be/rA1A9qKZ8mM?si=7Ufns5vToRM9Ecqu

Idk.if this counts or no but yeah..lol at hania not bothering with her extensions here

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 1 months ago

Also these look actual scenes from the show toh yeh dancing and sab is fresh for pakistani tv na in terms of a husband wife ka rishta dikhana

https://x.com/IrisBarryAllen/status/1816372889441931738?t=g5gbnAsSAKuG0gyUpF05Uw&s=1

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 1 months ago

Another very Good episode of Mann Jogi that keeps you Engaged and fully Inovolved.. we get to see how Aalia and Ibrahim were Emotionally Blackmailed & literally forced into saying yes. And what happened aftershe hanged herself..i was finding it a bit slow this time initially but then came that scene which was sooo Chilling in terms of Imagery and i was lilke wow and then the whole episode became A+ for me which was anyways A before that too..

Oh i loved Alia's resolve in this and her finally speaking her heart out.. the girl had tried everything to keep her dignity but nahhh usko itna bevuqat kar dia uss shabbir ne apne aap se hi nazrein milane laayak nahi choda and then we have an Ibrahim who despite being put thru this hell is still being such a selfless boy that he is like don't worry aapko koi sawaal nahi karega iska hisaab and jawab toh mujhse hoga toh aap befikar raho as in sawaal jawab in dunya and after that as it is him being answerable to God why he put her thru this and committed this when he knew the intentions of others and she goes Beghairat ke paas waapis jaane se acha hai Gairat mand ke haaton marr jaoon.. Suicide nahi kar sakti toh you Kill me and i will khoon maaf karo you but ab uske paas waapis nahi jaaoogi.. who exchanged me like this as if she is not a human.Brilliantly done as always by bilal and sabeena his silences and looks the way he peetoes his head again and then is totally speechless when she goes tum kya kar sakte ho ibrahimmm? and then pleads him ke bhagne do mujhe and we have transition to present jahan they are in so much physical proximity as they are locked in store to protect the image and she falls/hugs his shoulder and he looks at her but phir bhi nazrein jhuka ke and ofocurse woh bhabhi opens the door then hi. anyway following that we have the backstory of again how maa beta played with them like toys sach main gudde gudiya ka khel ho jaise.. both of them actually said nO but one got a spack slap on face and dusre ko gahr se nikal ke phenk dia ke phir sadkon ki ho jao bla bla.. the girl literallly begged and went woh bhai ki tarah hai i can't and mom went no big deal and urhmm yehi reason hai ke usse pick kia hai caz he won't maila karo you.. urhmm again..e f f U

i really was giving benefit of doubt to the mom but this episode cleared what kind of manipulative woman she is and they really do not consider her human whatsoever iss sab main bas apna hi rona laga ke rakha hai dono ne while she even spelkls it out too ke qayamat toh uske liye hai as this is no solution it is easier for shabbir btu she has to bear it uska kya hai pehle talaq dedo phir hatch a plan to get her back it is her who has to deal with everything while having 0 participation or fault in any of the happenign starting frm talaq bina wajah ke di and saza bhi ussi ko mile... wah ji wah great insaaf hai yeh toh and amma ji retirts at this ke how is she faultless filmn to ussi ne banwayi na huh... wah great way of reverse accusation but ok and then jab kuch na bacha toh gahr se bahar phenk dia.. she even went more low and told shabbir ke heck woh dusri shaadi kar le and she won't even say uff she will live like a naukrani at their place but plz don't make her do this but nah he was in his whole self pity zone ke dil mera guzarr raha hai i agreed with her silent eyeroll and walk away then such a bekaar aadmi.

ibrahim bechara happeend to be in wrong spot at wrong time and phans gaya as they were like kisko dhoondein who is trustworthy iska toh khayal bhi nahi aaya tha until he routinely showed up but hey here is the catch ..WOh allia ko bulane aaya the for electrical work in amsjid as he couldn't find an electrician and it was an emergency.Brilliant from Kashif and zafar to link it back to motor scene that is writign jahan kuch bizzare and bilawajh nahi hai...

uske baad the way he was like nahi toh slap hi amar dia Shabbir ne and the look was enough to send a chill down the spine ke yeh toh sirf warning hai. EXTREMELY intense and well EXECUTED tension you really can't even blink. the way he blame shifts too ke agar naa ki and alia ki life khrab hui toh ibrahim is to be blmaed and not HIm lmao ( yeah wow not him for divorcing her but ibrahim )

then humara ibrahim actually tried to run and maulvi sahab stopped hima nd with logical reasoning ke jaayega bhi kahan ? the really have no place and shabbir being in political power they will be killed and they have no way out to kar lo very well done again you see the sane maulvi sahab samjhaooing him .

then came the scene i cannot stop thinking about ..WOW smiley32it is between the 2 men again where he is mourning the fact that it is a yes from him too now and how his life is tabah barbad and his dil pe bhoj and stuff and this guy brings the dinner and man man man.. the way the transfer of aalia is shown and sealed the deal basically ke haan hi hai ab..

it is basically shabbir pouring the sabzi in one plate for both of them and slowly sliding the boti towards ibrahim WOWWW again what a way to show ke yehi aukaat hai aalia ki in his eyes so much for love and all asal yehi hai and the way he is soo neech no words are neeed it was enough esp with the way it is shot..

Bilal is Terrific TErrific once again thru out but his standout moment has to be that palak pe latka tear about to drop when the maa ji hands him the kurta to wear at his nikaah and woh deh ke gir jaata hai and the clothes fall... wow and then ofcursehim popping the question in present which is the cliffhanger and episode freeze ke ok so since he is going back what about their talaq? the pauses hesitation him being uncertain of whether it is even the right thing to say or no.. wonderful work

sabeena excellent in the scenes where she is going through this smaller curve /graph in the bigger graph where she starts from a rigid no to goign to plead but abelso in such a dignified manner to numbly walking away like a zombie knowing they are behiss selfish log and there is no way out then death which she willl do on the night rather than sleeping with someone woh bhi as per their wishes.. sauda kar dia hai uska and this is just a transaction for them rather than actualpractice ya kuch how they have changed the nature of everything..

Oh also liked that maulvi saab actually didn't lie caz woh toh out of chracter hoga he stayed true and said ke dekh lo maar gayi and when he asks where is the laash he handels it so well by just tellign Facts and not lying and utna hi ke zinda dekha hai dono ko.. and stops thank you for keepign him true maulvi who won't just lie ..

5/5

This looks Very Good too . also happy this is not by bhansali so even though it is similar film atleast there is color.. I didn't even recognize Akshay K face wise..awaz se pata laga.. Vicky is Brilliant as always.. what was really intresting for me was this is the same charcter that GM played too in that marathi movie and some of the visuals look extremely similar like in war and all caz well based on same person and them both playign shiva Ji How different the 2 are despite being almost identical and Yet One can't difrentiate who is who.. that is how good they both Look in this role like if i play it side by side it would be hard to figure out for me that kind of screen presence yet both are shivaji and shivaji only the chracter hence hard to tell the actors .WOWsmiley32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsC5PhXS19Y

AreYaar thumbnail

This looks Very Good too . also happy this is not by bhansali so even though it is similar film atleast there is color.. I didn't even recognize Akshay K face wise..awaz se pata laga.. Vicky is Brilliant as always.. what was really intresting for me was this is the same charcter that GM played too in that marathi movie and some of the visuals look extremely similar like in war and all caz well based on same person and them both playign shiva Ji How different the 2 are despite being almost identical and Yet One can't difrentiate who is who.. that is how good they both Look in this role like if i play it side by side it would be hard to figure out for me that kind of screen presence yet both are shivaji and shivaji only the chracter hence hard to tell the actors .WOWsmiley32

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsC5PhXS19Y

Woahh woh end mein Akshaye Khanna tha? I couldn't recognize him either! lol had to do a double take.

Yeah this does look really good and I'm excited for Vicky getting to do a big scale warrior character like this....GM seemed very good in this role too in the glimpse we saw of the Marathi film but Vicky will ace it as well going by this trailer it seems.

Maddock people funding some amazingly diverse crop of films...good for them.

AreYaar thumbnail

Another very Good episode of Mann Jogi that keeps you Engaged and fully Inovolved.. we get to see how Aalia and Ibrahim were Emotionally Blackmailed & literally forced into saying yes. And what happened aftershe hanged herself..i was finding it a bit slow this time initially but then came that scene which was sooo Chilling in terms of Imagery and i was lilke wow and then the whole episode became A+ for me which was anyways A before that too..

Oh i loved Alia's resolve in this and her finally speaking her heart out.. the girl had tried everything to keep her dignity but nahhh usko itna bevuqat kar dia uss shabbir ne apne aap se hi nazrein milane laayak nahi choda and then we have an Ibrahim who despite being put thru this hell is still being such a selfless boy that he is like don't worry aapko koi sawaal nahi karega iska hisaab and jawab toh mujhse hoga toh aap befikar raho as in sawaal jawab in dunya and after that as it is him being answerable to God why he put her thru this and committed this when he knew the intentions of others and she goes Beghairat ke paas waapis jaane se acha hai Gairat mand ke haaton marr jaoon.. Suicide nahi kar sakti toh you Kill me and i will khoon maaf karo you but ab uske paas waapis nahi jaaoogi.. who exchanged me like this as if she is not a human.Brilliantly done as always by bilal and sabeena his silences and looks the way he peetoes his head again and then is totally speechless when she goes tum kya kar sakte ho ibrahimmm? and then pleads him ke bhagne do mujhe and we have transition to present jahan they are in so much physical proximity as they are locked in store to protect the image and she falls/hugs his shoulder and he looks at her but phir bhi nazrein jhuka ke and ofocurse woh bhabhi opens the door then hi. anyway following that we have the backstory of again how maa beta played with them like toys sach main gudde gudiya ka khel ho jaise.. both of them actually said nO but one got a spack slap on face and dusre ko gahr se nikal ke phenk dia ke phir sadkon ki ho jao bla bla.. the girl literallly begged and went woh bhai ki tarah hai i can't and mom went no big deal and urhmm yehi reason hai ke usse pick kia hai caz he won't maila karo you.. urhmm again..e f f U

i really was giving benefit of doubt to the mom but this episode cleared what kind of manipulative woman she is and they really do not consider her human whatsoever iss sab main bas apna hi rona laga ke rakha hai dono ne while she even spelkls it out too ke qayamat toh uske liye hai as this is no solution it is easier for shabbir btu she has to bear it uska kya hai pehle talaq dedo phir hatch a plan to get her back it is her who has to deal with everything while having 0 participation or fault in any of the happenign starting frm talaq bina wajah ke di and saza bhi ussi ko mile... wah ji wah great insaaf hai yeh toh and amma ji retirts at this ke how is she faultless filmn to ussi ne banwayi na huh... wah great way of reverse accusation but ok and then jab kuch na bacha toh gahr se bahar phenk dia.. she even went more low and told shabbir ke heck woh dusri shaadi kar le and she won't even say uff she will live like a naukrani at their place but plz don't make her do this but nah he was in his whole self pity zone ke dil mera guzarr raha hai i agreed with her silent eyeroll and walk away then such a bekaar aadmi.

ibrahim bechara happeend to be in wrong spot at wrong time and phans gaya as they were like kisko dhoondein who is trustworthy iska toh khayal bhi nahi aaya tha until he routinely showed up but hey here is the catch ..WOh allia ko bulane aaya the for electrical work in amsjid as he couldn't find an electrician and it was an emergency.Brilliant from Kashif and zafar to link it back to motor scene that is writign jahan kuch bizzare and bilawajh nahi hai...

uske baad the way he was like nahi toh slap hi amar dia Shabbir ne and the look was enough to send a chill down the spine ke yeh toh sirf warning hai. EXTREMELY intense and well EXECUTED tension you really can't even blink. the way he blame shifts too ke agar naa ki and alia ki life khrab hui toh ibrahim is to be blmaed and not HIm lmao ( yeah wow not him for divorcing her but ibrahim )

then humara ibrahim actually tried to run and maulvi sahab stopped hima nd with logical reasoning ke jaayega bhi kahan ? the really have no place and shabbir being in political power they will be killed and they have no way out to kar lo very well done again you see the sane maulvi sahab samjhaooing him .

then came the scene i cannot stop thinking about ..WOW smiley32it is between the 2 men again where he is mourning the fact that it is a yes from him too now and how his life is tabah barbad and his dil pe bhoj and stuff and this guy brings the dinner and man man man.. the way the transfer of aalia is shown and sealed the deal basically ke haan hi hai ab..

it is basically shabbir pouring the sabzi in one plate for both of them and slowly sliding the boti towards ibrahim WOWWW again what a way to show ke yehi aukaat hai aalia ki in his eyes so much for love and all asal yehi hai and the way he is soo neech no words are neeed it was enough esp with the way it is shot..

Bilal is Terrific TErrific once again thru out but his standout moment has to be that palak pe latka tear about to drop when the maa ji hands him the kurta to wear at his nikaah and woh deh ke gir jaata hai and the clothes fall... wow and then ofcursehim popping the question in present which is the cliffhanger and episode freeze ke ok so since he is going back what about their talaq? the pauses hesitation him being uncertain of whether it is even the right thing to say or no.. wonderful work

sabeena excellent in the scenes where she is going through this smaller curve /graph in the bigger graph where she starts from a rigid no to goign to plead but abelso in such a dignified manner to numbly walking away like a zombie knowing they are behiss selfish log and there is no way out then death which she willl do on the night rather than sleeping with someone woh bhi as per their wishes.. sauda kar dia hai uska and this is just a transaction for them rather than actualpractice ya kuch how they have changed the nature of everything..

Oh also liked that maulvi saab actually didn't lie caz woh toh out of chracter hoga he stayed true and said ke dekh lo maar gayi and when he asks where is the laash he handels it so well by just tellign Facts and not lying and utna hi ke zinda dekha hai dono ko.. and stops thank you for keepign him true maulvi who won't just lie ..

5/5

Almost all desi dramas in some form or the other run on showing exploitation of women through some societal/religious norm and then generating drama/conflict around it. In most ITV shows and even Pak shows, they've exhausted all the usual tropes of dahej, domestic abuse, saas-bahu saazish, third angle drama etc. etc......the drama in this show is working cuz they've taken a concept not used that often but basic principle wohi hai that a woman is treated like an object that people feel a right to exploit per their own whims.

How casually that saas was talking about how Aliya needs to agree to this warna she will have to sit at her bhai ka house or find some other man....lol kya reverse psychology apply kar rahe hain in the year 2024 that a woman has no options in life other than desperately trying to find one man after the other.....and for the sake of drama, we have to accept this basic premise in every story smiley36.....this is the world that men wished existed? That a woman gets cowed down in some form or the other with the fear ki mard ke bina life nahin kaat paayegi? lol....anyways the saas turned out exactly as I expected since first epi....both maa bete are #1 manipulators who are only watching out for their own interests and just gaslight saamne waale to make them bend to their will.

Some scenes that stood out for the way they were shot and the way the tension was depicted.....that scene of Aliya-Ibrahim hiding in the store room and Ibrahim feeling so awkward even if he bumps into Aliya accidentally...lol and the way he froze when she grabbed him from the side in fear over that scorpion. Also loved that FB scene when Ibrahim comes to Shabbir's house to ask if Aliya can help fix their electronics taaki azaan ke liye ready ho jaayein....lol the way Bilal depicted the servile nature of Ibrahim while still trying to put his request forward...and the way he pulled back on being shot down....everything is a masterclass in acting to watch. Even that other initial scene right after her suicide attempt when he's trying to hesitantly ask her ki why did you do this, mujhe bataati kya baat hai, I would have helped you and the way she lashes out at him ki tumhein toh Khuda se bhi darr lagta hai, insaano se bhi...kya kar loge tum? lol

I'm marveling every week at how they are successfully building up the tension of the past and present and juxtaposition of the FBs....really holds your attention very well....

Bilal was FAB in the last scene also when he so subtly asks ki kaise dena hai talaak phir? Abhi isi waqt? LOL what a situation for Ibrahim to be trying to manage....and Aliya trying to coach him about kya story bataani hai when he goes backsmiley36....

So I guess as per next week ka preview, some incident will happen at the brother's house where Ibrahim will lash out cuz they showed him pushing the brother....and leke chala jaayega Aliya ko wahaan se before Shabbir can show up....phir kisi church mein shelter lenge and another FB of Aliya ka childhood there it seems....they are really unfolding each thread interestingly week to week.

Woahh woh end mein Akshaye Khanna tha? I couldn't recognize him either! lol had to do a double take.

Yeah this does look really good and I'm excited for Vicky getting to do a big scale warrior character like this....GM seemed very good in this role too in the glimpse we saw of the Marathi film but Vicky will ace it as well going by this trailer it seems.

Maddock people funding some amazingly diverse crop of films...good for them.

Atlast kuch achi films bana rahein hain..and koi toh kuch dhang ka bana raha hai that seems to have a balance between this kind of content oriented stuff and then pure entertainment like stree.

Almost all desi dramas in some form or the other run on showing exploitation of women through some societal/religious norm and then generating drama/conflict around it. In most ITV shows and even Pak shows, they've exhausted all the usual tropes of dahej, domestic abuse, saas-bahu saazish, third angle drama etc. etc......the drama in this show is working cuz they've taken a concept not used that often but basic principle wohi hai that a woman is treated like an object that people feel a right to exploit per their own whims.

How casually that saas was talking about how Aliya needs to agree to this warna she will have to sit at her bhai ka house or find some other man....lol kya reverse psychology apply kar rahe hain in the year 2024 that a woman has no options in life other than desperately trying to find one man after the other.....and for the sake of drama, we have to accept this basic premise in every story smiley36.....this is the world that men wished existed? That a woman gets cowed down in some form or the other with the fear ki mard ke bina life nahin kaat paayegi? lol....anyways the saas turned out exactly as I expected since first epi....both maa bete are #1 manipulators who are only watching out for their own interests and just gaslight saamne waale to make them bend to their will.

Some scenes that stood out for the way they were shot and the way the tension was depicted.....that scene of Aliya-Ibrahim hiding in the store room and Ibrahim feeling so awkward even if he bumps into Aliya accidentally...lol and the way he froze when she grabbed him from the side in fear over that scorpion. Also loved that FB scene when Ibrahim comes to Shabbir's house to ask if Aliya can help fix their electronics taaki azaan ke liye ready ho jaayein....lol the way Bilal depicted the servile nature of Ibrahim while still trying to put his request forward...and the way he pulled back on being shot down....everything is a masterclass in acting to watch. Even that other initial scene right after her suicide attempt when he's trying to hesitantly ask her ki why did you do this, mujhe bataati kya baat hai, I would have helped you and the way she lashes out at him ki tumhein toh Khuda se bhi darr lagta hai, insaano se bhi...kya kar loge tum? lol

I'm marveling every week at how they are successfully building up the tension of the past and present and juxtaposition of the FBs....really holds your attention very well....

Bilal was FAB in the last scene also when he so subtly asks ki kaise dena hai talaak phir? Abhi isi waqt? LOL what a situation for Ibrahim to be trying to manage....and Aliya trying to coach him about kya story bataani hai when he goes backsmiley36....

So I guess as per next week ka preview, some incident will happen at the brother's house where Ibrahim will lash out cuz they showed him pushing the brother....and leke chala jaayega Aliya ko wahaan se before Shabbir can show up....phir kisi church mein shelter lenge and another FB of Aliya ka childhood there it seems....they are really unfolding each thread interestingly week to week.

Agreed! Yehi toh tragedy hai and wohi gives these men the entitlement to go ahead and treat women like toys And the way they used that helplessness against her.. it was almost like a sadistic pleasure kinda thing at one point for that saas in taunting her knowing she has no place to go and won't be welcomed at her brother's place toh apni fingers pe nacha sakte hain.. I loved that store room scene too and Ibrahim becahra toh hai hi itna sweet sa jhallu haha I was with alia at her frustration ke sab banana padta hai he is that seedha and will follow every thing word to word so it is on her to take all the decisions.

That last scene too it was such an intresting moment na while she is bitter and rightfully so about it he has to pop the question too.and yes the screenplay is simply awesome the unpredictably factor of it. I really thought at this point he will change his mind but nah he is still sticking thru the deal let's see what makes him change it

AreYaar thumbnail

Agreed! Yehi toh tragedy hai and wohi gives these men the entitlement to go ahead and treat women like toys And the way they used that helplessness against her.. it was almost like a sadistic pleasure kinda thing at one point for that saas in taunting her knowing she has no place to go and won't be welcomed at her brother's place toh apni fingers pe nacha sakte hain.. I loved that store room scene too and Ibrahim becahra toh hai hi itna sweet sa jhallu haha I was with alia at her frustration ke sab banana padta hai he is that seedha and will follow every thing word to word so it is on her to take all the decisions.

That last scene too it was such an intresting moment na while she is bitter and rightfully so about it he has to pop the question too.and yes the screenplay is simply awesome the unpredictably factor of it. I really thought at this point he will change his mind but nah he is still sticking thru the deal let's see what makes him change it

This has to be some of the most outstanding screenplay work I've seen in a Pak show in a long time....like last maybe I felt this about UA ke classic shows like Daam etc....and un shows mein bhi direction wasn't this good as it is in this show....camera work is just really good at how they are expressing the tension in the different scenes and capturing the expressions of the characters.

Re: Aliya...it was just hard for me to believe that in 2024 also a girl can be cowed down like this that if you don't agree to randomly go sleep with another guy for a night, you will have no other options in life since current husband ne divorce de diya hai....that too she's an educated girl - a friggin engineering student and usko itna majboor kar rahe hain....this feels like a stretch to set up the drama but chalo the performances and direction is tight so you can roll with it. Also felt really bad for Aliya that she had to be made to verbalize how it is impossible for her to do this as a woman when that loser husband was going on victimizing ki oh this will be so hard for me to go through with blah blah.....she was even willing to be a naukar in their house and telling him ki you marry someone else if you'd like....just really sad to see a woman being reduced to this....even though she verbalizes how they are all treating her like an object, the premise is just depressing.

Oh and another scene that I guess you already mentioned was the way Aliya tried to wiggle out of this by saying ki Ibrahim is like a brother to her and such a pious, nek banda but ofcourse evil saas didn't give a damn.

Bilal is too good in this role...and if his character gets the kind of arc this is building up to, it promises to be a magnificent one. Award worthy role lag raha hai ekdum.