Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Ok i just have to post this scene caz so very well built up and important turning point.. the way Sharjeena bursts out all her pant up frustration finally comes out and the way mustafa gets a pause and then how softly he tackled everything.. it was alright at first i was almost rolling my eye that she is just being a bit self centered& playing victim ke zabardati aa gayi iss liye ho raha hai at first but it took a completly different turn @3:40 for me when she Goes she doesn't like when someone calls him nalayak she hates it when someone insults him and that she wants to do sachi tarrefien of him.. My fav line has to be Main huamre future ke baare main sochti hoon but tum nahi sochte mustafa humare baare main..yeah this girl is totally in love already with her complains and how much she wants him to be respected that is where that graph came and what amde it stand out and raised it in my opinion

very very good and then how it keeps proceeding with her taking care of her later on maggi bhi bana ke laaya and then how it turned a switch on him and he realized ke ahan biwi hai dost nahi he has to take a step .. this show is honestly getting better with each week passing*touchwood* and they have grown so much on me.. fahad had very less wordwise but he so brilliantly showed the pareshani and then being shocked ke isko kya ho gaya as she starts yellign at him frustrated from him never taking her calls and also caz she witnessed again how her sister is being pampered and while she has to make up excuses.. i loved the honesty in this and then how they normalized everything.. i esp am liking how the characters are nontoxic so far in this show including the saas(however we will have to see how it goes caz it looks like his dad is about to die) But some solid writing wise how they brought us to this point and this whole confrontation.

would anyday take honest raw confrontations over Madeup Woke BS & understanding of rishtas wale wokeness uhmm again(salaar and maa ji pretendign to knwo it all but actually have such a shallow everything and rishta )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEWYrPhxBeM

also did i mention how much i loved him being Don't ever think ke tum mujhpe musalat ki gayi ho as she has that notiona nd she went about it in her rant. yeah jaise bhi emotional ya jo bhi haan toh khud hi ki thi na mustafa ne bhi yahan family pressure ya zabardasti wala toh baat thi hi nahi from his family ya kuch sacrificing him.

the way he was so gentle and delicate in handling her and calming her down.. like you wouldn't expect it froma carefree guy like him but aww also the way she hugs him in her meltdown

https://x.com/Shrutilal13/status/1820900432442749019

also i wish she right of the bat scream nahi karti and thoda gradually bhadta but then i guess on the whole she had to burst out like this for him to actually take notice warna to kabse she has been softly trying to make him understand

Arey waah you've really become a full on shipper for this show, haan? smiley36

Maine jo bhi thoda bahut dekha hai, mujhe Hania ki acting weird lagti hai is show mein and I find the guy a blahh actor so hasn't worked for me. Mujhe plot bhi nahin samajh aaya ki why did the girl marry him agar yeh sab faltu whining hi karni thi about how he is a lukkha....lol no one forced her to marry him at gunpoint.

AreYaar thumbnail

Anyways, just finished watching Mann Jogi epi 2.....the show is nailing the atmospheric build up in every epi so farsmiley32

The mystery, the dread in the air, the awkwardness between Ibrahim and Aliya...it's really fantastically executed....really kudos to the writer/director/editor....my attention didn't wander for a moment despite woh psycho husband ka faltu drama and that rarely happens with Pak shows cuz they are also very formulaic in their own way whether they are showing dark stuff or light stuff....but this show is a rare one where they are unfolding the story with a sense of anticipation ki kya hua, kaise hua, aur aage kya hoga.

Today they added some bits about Ibrahim-Aliya's first meet and early interactions in the house....quiet and simple moments where even with limited words, you can sense how they are intrigued by each other...especially that bit when Aliya fixed the motor and Ibrahim was just left watching her with a curious sort of awe....lol Bilal emoted it all so well.

The kind of SHARAFAT they are showing between them is what I'm really liking....both of them are awkward about the situation they are in but trying to navigate it as much as they can....another bit I liked was after they reach Aliya's brother's house and Ibrahim cleans up his wound toh he tries to leave from there but Aliya gets him to stay just by saying ki mere bhai se kuch baat karni hai, uske baad sochenge....the way Bilal is playing that quiet deference of Ibrahim is also amazing....Haya didi despite her weird khule muh expressions waala problem in between overall is still doing a decent job....they have chemistry together.

Whole epi mein again bit by bit they did back and forth between showing how they reached the point of getting this second nikaah advice from the Maulvi and then also showing Aliya finally telling her brother in the end about the divorce and Ibrahim now being her husband....I liked the build up to the outburst and the uncertainty it leaves them all at in this moment.

I have to say the production values of the show are also coming across quite well....camera work and editing is also very good.

naadanmasakalli thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

Arey waah you've really become a full on shipper for this show, haan? smiley36

Maine jo bhi thoda bahut dekha hai, mujhe Hania ki acting weird lagti hai is show mein and I find the guy a blahh actor so hasn't worked for me. Mujhe plot bhi nahin samajh aaya ki why did the girl marry him agar yeh sab faltu whining hi karni thi about how he is a lukkha....lol no one forced her to marry him at gunpoint.

Yeah I really am enjoying them for now caz their development is done very well so far* touchwood* let's see how long it lasts caz well am afraid Abba ke marte hi in dono pe hi saara affect aayega with adeel probably coming back.with his wife let's see how they navigate that and here's hoping mustafa manages to save Abba. Also am failing to see how this is 7 stages of love caz I don't want them to supposedly die when you have shown a couple actually working on their issues nicely and being understanding but again token bakwaas kahin toh kareinge so waiting ke kab aata hai woh stage šŸ¤­

Arre didi ko mahaan bhi toh banana tha after her Abba ki gaslighted ke beti bhoojh nahi token line but also hai hai hum tabah ho gaye.. so she forced him too and now he keeps wanting to be mahaan but is such an ass gosh I hate her dad bilawajah ki taangein ghussani and then keep saying shit about the guy jiske saath khud shaadi karayi and uski hi beizzati kiye jaani ke kuch karta nahi main kabhi na karta apni laayak beti ki shaadi with this guy in normal Halaar bla bla basically use him but also keep berating him..uhhhhh her Abba is sooo anger inducing.. anyway.. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ™„

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 1 months ago

Anyways, just finished watching Mann Jogi epi 2.....the show is nailing the atmospheric build up in every epi so farsmiley32

The mystery, the dread in the air, the awkwardness between Ibrahim and Aliya...it's really fantastically executed....really kudos to the writer/director/editor....my attention didn't wander for a moment despite woh psycho husband ka faltu drama and that rarely happens with Pak shows cuz they are also very formulaic in their own way whether they are showing dark stuff or light stuff....but this show is a rare one where they are unfolding the story with a sense of anticipation ki kya hua, kaise hua, aur aage kya hoga.

Today they added some bits about Ibrahim-Aliya's first meet and early interactions in the house....quiet and simple moments where even with limited words, you can sense how they are intrigued by each other...especially that bit when Aliya fixed the motor and Ibrahim was just left watching her with a curious sort of awe....lol Bilal emoted it all so well.

The kind of SHARAFAT they are showing between them is what I'm really liking....both of them are awkward about the situation they are in but trying to navigate it as much as they can....another bit I liked was after they reach Aliya's brother's house and Ibrahim cleans up his wound toh he tries to leave from there but Aliya gets him to stay just by saying ki mere bhai se kuch baat karni hai, uske baad sochenge....the way Bilal is playing that quiet deference of Ibrahim is also amazing....Haya didi despite her weird khule muh expressions waala problem in between overall is still doing a decent job....they have chemistry together.

Whole epi mein again bit by bit they did back and forth between showing how they reached the point of getting this second nikaah advice from the Maulvi and then also showing Aliya finally telling her brother in the end about the divorce and Ibrahim now being her husband....I liked the build up to the outburst and the uncertainty it leaves them all at in this moment.

I have to say the production values of the show are also coming across quite well....camera work and editing is also very good.

Totally agreed! I liked how they are showing you the details too but in suchba well paced manner that it doesn't feel like dragged like what kind of interactions alia and Ibrahim had. She being the typical malkin in some ways too but also maintaining that daayra that line and how slowly she got more comfortable with him in the domestic nature of their interactions too with the chai ke bartan or the motor. Notice how the first time he came she was relaxed and all and then tells her maid ke she should let her know and see how she is sitting before inviting anyone and then later her own pallu almost falling casually in kitchen while doing work but by then she has developed that trust with Ibrahim. Very naturally shown development and very real ..also him being impressed as you said with the motor moment caz again ek toh ladies yeh sab karti nahi and dusra with how casual it was with her sending him to turn the switch on..koi faltu baat nahi koi kuch nahi while he is being awkward ke saas bhi bhaithi hain and all and she is asking him to go..the way he hesitates everytime caz of the nature of the dynamic him being a ghair mard. Brilliantly done by bilal.. he is letting his eyes his body language his mannerisms do the talking then the lines and he is acing it so well such limited lines but you know exactly what is going in his mind.. the other moment I really liked was the bus one when she invites him to sit beside her and he still has his back towards her to make her comfortable. Phir woh bhi bohat acha tha when they fall and he is hurt himself but is worried about her. Uske baad ka bhai ke ghar main jaana him being so awkward and in visible embarrassment and discomfort being in that situation trying to avoid any escalation from his side letting her do the talk but also respecting their privacy till she reveals to her brother ke husband to yeh hai and what she went through. Which they will negate predictably but the handling is so nice . Totally with you on how they have kept that whole intrest intact with the non linear timelines but still being very clear instead of causing confusions. I have no sympathy for shabbir and his rona dhona but we also got to know ke she infact was shopping for him that very day with Ibrahim and the whole how this whole thing happened. The kind of misery alia was put in for the 3 months afterwards where she has no relationship with them anymore but she is still a qaidi. The way that guy tries to act all nonchalant after doing such a deed and is like oh nobody saw bhool jaate hain until his mother put a foot down. Theyhave tried to give her some shades this week but she is still coming more across as self centered hi well so far rather than having a neutral pov even if she tried to defend alia a few times .. since she agreed to go with this whole thing for their own gain..maulvi sahab ka bhi suggestion was only when they pressed him nd he is basically just giving facts only but unko bhi ghaseet lia saath main hi inho ne by using the whole Ehsan ginwa ke and using the whole ghar ka member thing.. so far so good .

Baaki her side of family is very typical and I would want to get rid of her bhabhi ASAP nikli yahan se bacho wohi thoda cliche main jaa raha hai otherwise awesomeee

Also agree with how maturely they are handling this complicated situation with keeping their brains intact and not going into self pity zone when they are both victims of the situation

Also yaar you should probably give this a try too by the same team of MJ.. kashif and zafar.extremely nuanced and a lovely show..you can see the similarities in this.promo only..one of the most critically acclaimed projects from last year that put green on the map. Ufff the Character Nadia Afghan played in this and with how much nuance.. stuff of Veterans & a lifetime performance . However I have mixed feelings I really like somethings and then just gave up somewhere in mid idrk why exactly but jitna I saw really liked it. it is also such a niche show too but apparently has one of the best climaxes . Am not really recommending it but also recommending it IYKWIM mujhe khud bhi itna pata nahi where i stand actually but I love the song so much and jitna Dekha utna I wholeheartedly appreciate it for the performances and extreme maturity in each moment . Maybe you like it and then you can samjhao me smiley36 also Haji saabsmiley27 the age difference was handled soooo soo good

But anyway for now the trailer is enough to see how this team works but sabeena in this was just wowwwwww and this got them MJ

P.s yeh trailer is cut so good and makes me want to.give it another try

https://youtu.be/0Hoa3s0QrM0?si=PmRirk7Sp6QriI19

You can see in it the typical ways in how kashif is handling mann jogi too the moments really stay with you and the techniques are so same and stand out

But uff some.of their scenes and moments were Just Oh * sooooo Goosebumps inducing too* extremely poignant and one's that leave you breathless caz you don't know what hit you itna brilliantly executed hain..one of my favs is the one in this only where she and her ex husband just keep staring at each other

https://youtu.be/uK_-iHj0PzE?si=knxgwtvMhKwZrTDZ

One more Massey Project.. the Poster looks Good . it always makes me happy whenever somethign with amssey is about to drop haha

https://x.com/NetflixIndia/status/1822868438596882631

also guess should post some short reviews of recent Hindi films i saw .

1) Kill 3.5/5 : Everyone was going Omg OMG such a good movie it is so gory and so bloody and Oh No can't watch caz one gets all disturbed etc etc so i was like delaying it caz i was like idk if i am ready but then i sttrted watching it and went Hain?? Yes it is gory all the killings are news ways to get disturbed and killed and all and i guess must be extremely disturbing ways to watch all that for an avg viewer but i was like AHHHH Maza aa raha hai caz it was so adrenaline inducing and new and i think the reason behind it is they lacked the spine chilling feel of the kill warna toh kuch bhi na karein sometimes and they scare the shit out of you.. this was sooo good to watch caz the action was so good and all and yes there si one very disturbing scene ( spoiler!! jahan they do qeema of a khopdi with the fire extinguisher) but for some reason woh bhi i was like ok i expected more spinechilling wala dravna where they create that uneasiness and make it haunting.. this was very violent nonetheless but the gruesome that just gives the sadistic side a satisfaction seeing this commando do all the va va voom you cheer for him .. lakshya was sooo good in the Combat it is constant 1hr 45 mins of this guy doing action and he KIlls it.. bade time baad i actually enjoyed a newcomer doing action onscreen and who has the presence of a hero.. but yahan lakshaya se bhi uppar tha raghav as the antagonist he shines so bright in it.. mazedaar villain his ialogues are so fun at times.. i guess mere liye it became even more about action caz i didn't connect with the token lovestory they gave us as the reason for this commando on board to go on such a rampage meh whatever did not feel a thing .. but other than that yeah a must watch for the action and highly enjoyable . i toh really had a blast seeing a hero being actually good with the job given to him and being able to deliever it and also it becomes a curiosity thing too caz no 2 deaths are same way in the 'KILL"but yeah don't eat when watching it caz it can make one squirmy and nauseous i guess depending on your threshold.. but it is so cool to know that john wick people are remaking it now..t.also agree that it definatly opened a new genre for indian cinema and something thta is so comepletly original while being inspired from train to busan kind of film which makes this particualr film more exciting caz it is opening new doors.

this is stuck in my mind esp caz it is being played so much in khatron too . also the kawa kawa song is a vibe too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxrg8hZmba0

Do aur do pyaar 3.5/5 ok but this film deserves so much love and recognition.. man such a good take on modern day relationships so mature and best thing it doesn't villainize anyone. not the partners stuck in marrige after falling out of love with each other nor their other partners in anyway and you like all of them as inidividuals with their own set of weaknesses. Man vidya and prateik are just such naturals and soooo sooo sooo good. such beautiful antural chemistry and they ate for real.. I had no expetations from this but it threw such a surprise for me.. I LOVE it.. it is the perfect feel good movie with such a refreshing take on relationships and for a change 2 actors who don't miss a single beat and match each other soooooooo well one can see that giev and take happening . after a long timeVidya doing somethign where she is enjoying it too and one can see it too. it is easily one of the best light rom com genre main movie in the last 5 year where there is actual soul and substance and feel and one can see the actors able to convey the emotional ups and high without being fake. also a special shout out to ileana.. gosh she was so cuteeeeeee and so adorable... ahhh why the woman doesn't act more sigh but here the casting was just sooo right too... i wish these 3 got the due with this.. easily one of the better bollywood film of the year

this is on repeat pretty much for me. Ganeshan & Banerjeesmiley9smiley20 no honestly when was the last time we saw a bollywood song /video which had the fun vibe so right and just felt like Bollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g66-4bItXs

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Also yaar you should probably give this a try too by the same team of MJ.. kashif and zafar.extremely nuanced and a lovely show..you can see the similarities in this.promo only..one of the most critically acclaimed projects from last year that put green on the map. Ufff the Character Nadia Afghan played in this and with how much nuance.. stuff of Veterans & a lifetime performance . However I have mixed feelings I really like somethings and then just gave up somewhere in mid idrk why exactly but jitna I saw really liked it. it is also such a niche show too but apparently has one of the best climaxes . Am not really recommending it but also recommending it IYKWIM mujhe khud bhi itna pata nahi where i stand actually but I love the song so much and jitna Dekha utna I wholeheartedly appreciate it for the performances and extreme maturity in each moment . Maybe you like it and then you can samjhao me smiley36 also Haji saabsmiley27 the age difference was handled soooo soo good

But anyway for now the trailer is enough to see how this team works but sabeena in this was just wowwwwww and this got them MJ

P.s yeh trailer is cut so good and makes me want to.give it another try

https://youtu.be/0Hoa3s0QrM0?si=PmRirk7Sp6QriI19

Trailer is intriguing. Will try to watch at some point :). Aajkal Iā€™m catching up on some Netflix stuff smiley36

Trailer is intriguing. Will try to watch at some point :). Aajkal Iā€™m catching up on some Netflix stuff smiley36

It started off really well but then woh Haji sahab ki niece ka track that is where I kinda had a connection broken and it was also not binge at that time so phir I never got back into it but will do so.. it is also such a short show 19 episodes only so yeah..and Netflix am also trying to keep up with haha