Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: AreYaar

I watched a couple of epis of Barzakh.....kaafi slow moving and pretentious hi lag raha hai mujhe mostly smiley36

The spirits of the dead moms/wives walking around with literal rocks tied on their backs is a little extra on the nosesmiley36

Gay brother wala plot is also feeling quite tedious and predictable.

Fawad has his amazing screen presence that stands out as always in whatever little he gets to do....but most of the show comes across as the director being too puffed up on his narrative and delusions of grandeur....all this land of nowhere, book of nowhere stuffsmiley39smiley36

Oh no I totally am with you on the pretentiousness it just keeps growing and if I say the truth the last episode I just kept falling asleep everytime I tried around 40 mins mark I totally am snoring smiley36 the gay stuff ain't that bothersome for me now caz guess we have been conditioned a lot now do all the haw Halla over it is making me smiley39but it is just trying to hard to be woke without any actual need of it which a lot of the themes in this show are for..uppar se the director can't even handle criticism he is fighting with people who are like he is more coming across as wannabee and trying real hard to be like oh am above the mental intelligence of an avg pakistani. His story is simple and he should have focused on the chaman and purgatory and the burden of guilt in simple way and impact aata caz film making and technicalities main he has done well but yeh over ambitious hai which is making it incomprehensible for majority there is just nothing an avg viewer will connect too who isn't conditioned to the art side of world cinema this is more that..also it is just way too long every epi so far is longer then the last one..it should have been a film and done..like all the lectures on all the symbols and all and fighting is just making him look even more amateur then somebody with this kind of imagination..points for thinking out of box but bohat zyada out of box ho gaya for me it is inn7/8 zone I am taking a bit off because of the hype a certain section is trying to create as well about it caz well that sounds extra to me..the thing is he could have either done all this extra indulgent pretentious stuff or all the themes kisi ek cheez pe focus karta and tried to make it relatable to general audience toh would have worked better yeh sab ek saath bohat ajeeb so kicchadi ban gayi hai and mostly people will talk about it for being ajeeb ke kya tha samjh nahi aaya for majority.. I am myself still confused on that wali baba and all the snake shedding skin wali Sanam that was the most triggering for me so far caz well I do have serious issues with reptiles and then you mimic that on her skin and close it up ohhh no🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 also it is just so much BS with what is she..I get it she spent 30 years on the other side bla bla and she is the bridge of sorts but all these ajeeb si things like the skin shedding the mirrors etc is just too confusing caz reasoning clear nahi kar eahe..bhai saaf alfaaz main bataiye humein so we can get it 🤷🏻‍♀️ do not have the bandwidth to read extra threads and still be lost smiley36

Also that kid is soooo annoying I want to smack him too

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Oh no I totally am with you on the pretentiousness it just keeps growing and if I say the truth the last episode I just kept falling asleep everytime I tried around 40 mins mark I totally am snoring smiley36 the gay stuff ain't that bothersome for me now caz guess we have been conditioned a lot now do all the haw Halla over it is making me smiley39but it is just trying to hard to be woke without any actual need of it which a lot of the themes in this show are for..uppar se the director can't even handle criticism he is fighting with people who are like he is more coming across as wannabee and trying real hard to be like oh am above the mental intelligence of an avg pakistani. His story is simple and he should have focused on the chaman and purgatory and the burden of guilt in simple way and impact aata caz film making and technicalities main he has done well but yeh over ambitious hai which is making it incomprehensible for majority there is just nothing an avg viewer will connect too who isn't conditioned to the art side of world cinema this is more that..also it is just way too long every epi so far is longer then the last one..it should have been a film and done..like all the lectures on all the symbols and all and fighting is just making him look even more amateur then somebody with this kind of imagination..points for thinking out of box but bohat zyada out of box ho gaya for me it is inn7/8 zone I am taking a bit off because of the hype a certain section is trying to create as well about it caz well that sounds extra to me..the thing is he could have either done all this extra indulgent pretentious stuff or all the themes kisi ek cheez pe focus karta and tried to make it relatable to general audience toh would have worked better yeh sab ek saath bohat ajeeb so kicchadi ban gayi hai and mostly people will talk about it for being ajeeb ke kya tha samjh nahi aaya for majority.. I am myself still confused on that wali baba and all the snake shedding skin wali Sanam that was the most triggering for me so far caz well I do have serious issues with reptiles and then you mimic that on her skin and close it up ohhh no🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 also it is just so much BS with what is she..I get it she spent 30 years on the other side bla bla and she is the bridge of sorts but all these ajeeb si things like the skin shedding the mirrors etc is just too confusing caz reasoning clear nahi kar eahe..bhai saaf alfaaz main bataiye humein so we can get it 🤷🏻‍♀️ do not have the bandwidth to read extra threads and still be lost smiley36

Also that kid is soooo annoying I want to smack him too

LOL oh good to know other people are also finding him wannabe and trying too hard to be "woke" with his themes.....the story has nothing in it as far as I can see....just showing random scenes discussing guilt, burdens, love, death blah blah is not a story.....the director is too caught up in his own mind to bother giving some flow to the narrative and there is clearly a superiority complex in his storytelling that he thinks showing things in a fragmented random manner with so called "mysterious" looks automatically makes it interesting and commendable smiley36

All the supernatural themes in the show are also feeling so juvenile and predictable....lol woh random red handprints and vines, pink smoke, cracked mirrors, some random creepy lady making paintings....lol it's all so childish looking. Am I supposed to be impressed by random laal kapda coming to fly onto Sanam's face? Oh pleasesmiley36

The problem with the gay brother plot is not that he is gay....it's the depiction of his story in such a heavy handed manner in how his sexuality is shown...like seriously the first shot they show of him is staring at a guy's crotch? lol this is the director's grand vision of being "woke" in how he depicts gay characters? lol...upar se the actor playing him is pretty blahh and doesn't look believable as Fawad ka older brother....lol

LOL@ the director being defensive on social media....itna bore pretentious show banaake upar se logon se lad raha hai for not worshipping his so called "vision"? smiley36....Sanam seems like a total suck up to this guy toosmiley36

AreYaar thumbnail

Oh the Freedom at Midnight trailer has also come out.....looks good so far

https://x.com/CinemaRareIN/status/1818202484474614041

LOL oh good to know other people are also finding him wannabe and trying too hard to be "woke" with his themes.....the story has nothing in it as far as I can see....just showing random scenes discussing guilt, burdens, love, death blah blah is not a story.....the director is too caught up in his own mind to bother giving some flow to the narrative and there is clearly a superiority complex in his storytelling that he thinks showing things in a fragmented random manner with so called "mysterious" looks automatically makes it interesting and commendable smiley36exactly this !! Just becuase he wrote it and directed it and has the claroty he thinks everyone will be on same page and iske dimaag main ghuss ke will get all what he is teying to show.. nah bhai you have to simplify it a bit for others to even catch up with your trainbof thoughts..i have also felt that he is somewhat embarrassed of his origin..there is this condescendingness in all of it like he is embarrassed for this being called pakistani content.. and yeah mostly people are randomly walking here n there what they want to achieve which is why it is feeling more and more taxing caz u started with a mention of the shaadi but then nothing on that. Bhai wohi whole moon will turn red bla bla wohi simplify kar do and how do they know it why do they believe the book so much etc m

All the supernatural themes in the show are also feeling so juvenile and predictable....lol woh random red handprints and vines, pink smoke, cracked mirrors, some random creepy lady making paintings....lol it's all so childish looking. Am I supposed to be impressed by random laal kapda coming to fly onto Sanam's face? Oh pleasesmiley36you may not have been umpressed but i did see applause and all those "essays" jn how vrilliant the smoke and red cloth is or the shot where she leaves that rumaal and inwas like hain? smiley39 but then am like mere main itni akkal kahan to see the brilliance of it. Ok fine the smoke is a better out of the 2 caz it gives a visual to souls leaving the body and is somewhat creative but the kapda plzzz

The problem with the gay brother plot is not that he is gay....it's the depiction of his story in such a heavy handed manner in how his sexuality is shown...like seriously the first shot they show of him is staring at a guy's crotch? lol this is the director's grand vision of being "woke" in how he depicts gay characters? lol...upar se the actor playing him is pretty blahh and doesn't look believable as Fawad ka older brother....loloh yes !!! Was that his try to be subtle smiley36 pehle woh awkward way of shpeinf he is gay with the crotch shot subtle se zyada wth ho gaya and then the whole chaddi obsession with dekha na tha playing.he should be jailed for ruining one of the cult pop classics from 80's this badly..matlab am sorry but it tainted the song for Me caz now it sounds so double meaning which it originally isn't. He didn't needed all this to show a child with confused thoughts and figuring out his sexualotu 100 other ways to show that but nah.. however I did like their bike ride wala scene later on and that was enough to convey everything

LOL@ the director being defensive on social media....itna bore pretentious show banaake upar se logon se lad raha hai for not worshipping his so called "vision"? smiley36....Sanam seems like a total suck up to this guy toosmiley36 she is na caz he gives her work and iske saath pehle bhi kaam kia hai..also she comes from the school of thought too that she is above the general avg actor so tv ain't upto her standards..and she is a Theatre actor since she did got some acclaim there..but to Me toh she is bland Here for most part this tone and sab worked for Kashaf but yahan toh she felt blank to me even if she is just mildly using same tone and all zara bhi impact nahinhai of her character even of she is supposed to be tbe most important "character" so to say like anybody could've played it.not one stand out moment from the rest.

Bahahahha apparently my message is too short when I wrote 2 whole paragraphs but chlao

Another flop loading for akshaysmiley36 but again guts to be this blunt in copy pasting without the credits smiley29 translating kooch to durr wah bohat creativity ho gayi..nakal ke liye akkal chahiye hoti haismiley36 although load wedding also reworked this song. Also.a bit surprised Zee is /was doing music rights of pakistani content too..that I didn't know about and has the rights to this film intresting..

https://youtu.be/RaVhSLVg9Bw?si=_meMobs-TxwfmJr8

https://youtu.be/B8NJdNMjjlU?si=Lv1OvUflGjwpl4Jg

Edited by naadanmasakalli - 1 months ago

Oh the Freedom at Midnight trailer has also come out.....looks good so far

https://x.com/CinemaRareIN/status/1818202484474614041

oh i like this even. i hope they don't twist the history for their benefit jo ke thodi bohat toh twist ho hi jaati hai but this so far looks truthful.. the only thing is the guy playing Jinnay and fatima jinnah don't look anything like them esp fatima jinnah.. jinnah just looks a healtheir version of jinnah and no one has ever really gotten that right not even the hollywood movie except this show from 90's which i rememeber very vividly and the casting of this was just top notch. anyway siddhanth looks good as nehru infact to me he looked more jinnah then the jinnah caz his face cut and all is more like Jinaah. they really should have switched them both.. caz the guy who is playign jinnah looks more nehru lol

fatima

jinnaah

Idk how I feel about this.. in Vegas it was looking fine but now it looks like the transitions are too fast kinda disappointed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11NXsFEM5VaWZBL1JxBVqMQPDU43Mlsmk/view?usp=drivesdk

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naadanmasakalli

Idk how I feel about this.. in Vegas it was looking fine but now it looks like the transitions are too fast kinda disappointed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11NXsFEM5VaWZBL1JxBVqMQPDU43Mlsmk/view?usp=drivesdk

Oh this is lovely yaarsmiley27....I didn't even notice if some of the transitions were very slightly off but your choice of clips especially of the way they looked at each other in all the scenes was so beautiful that emotion came across beautifully smiley42

And this is a reminder for me to catch up on my pending Shehnoor scenes upload too...lol

Oh this is lovely yaarsmiley27....I didn't even notice if some of the transitions were very slightly off but your choice of clips especially of the way they looked at each other in all the scenes was so beautiful that emotion came across beautifully smiley42

And this is a reminder for me to catch up on my pending Shehnoor scenes upload too...lol

Thank you.. I struggled with the first Para glad it worked caz I was like hmm I Don't want extra sad babies too lol but glad it looked fine to u and you enjoyed itsmiley31smiley27

Oh yeh toh rishu ka pappu bana ke nikal li lagti hai..or it is all a plan..but vikrant looks so good in this zone..sunny bechara

https://youtu.be/fhSyfSJtBa4?si=D-mPRzBSy7C6Z-bh