Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 2 months ago

Everytime the updates of this annoying show is triggering, I go and watch IPK episodes... Today I watched the episodes post the kidnapping track and I fell in love again... Arnav's pursuit of Khushi was just so good, the angst, the way he tried to get her back albeit not knowing how to, everytime he hurt her out of habit and then repented, him trying to control his anger, her trust and love for him inspite of the circumstances, the way she felt pulled towards him though she tried hard to stay away... they grew as a couple and as individuals throughout the show... this phase showed their growth as a couple... I couldn't help but compare to this show. The FL is the same and the man who loves her has just gotten worse...

Arnav never ever said 'Meri Khushi hamesha sahi hai', never chanted 'meri Khushi, meri Khushi'... but he was there for her and though he did not call her devi, he did treat her well post his realization. He pointed out her mistakes just as she did his. He made his share of mistakes but was never as annoying as Anuj.

Khushi never gave 5 page bhashan though her dialogues were lengthy at times. She never chanted maan, respect blah blah blah but knew what was right. During Lavanya track, she did try to stay away when she realized her feelings for him. She had her flaws but never self righteous as the FL here.

Man, I miss them a lot... They were crafted so well.

I believe the writers and directors have a huge part in making the show a hit. Their dialogues were soulful and left a lasting impact.

K: Hume aapka koi ehsaan nahi chahiye

A: Ehsaan? Tum meri patni ho Khushi...

See, that's how you declare your love loudly.

Arshi67 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TianaWrites

Everytime the updates of this annoying show is triggering, I go and watch IPK episodes... Today I watched the episodes post the kidnapping track and I fell in love again... Arnav's pursuit of Khushi was just so good, the angst, the way he tried to get her back albeit not knowing how to, everytime he hurt her out of habit and then repented, him trying to control his anger, her trust and love for him inspite of the circumstances, the way she felt pulled towards him though she tried hard to stay away... they grew as a couple and as individuals throughout the show... this phase showed their growth as a couple... I couldn't help but compare to this show. The FL is the same and the man who loves her has just gotten worse...

Arnav never ever said 'Meri Khushi hamesha sahi hai', never chanted 'meri Khushi, meri Khushi'... but he was there for her and though he did not call her devi, he did treat her well post his realization. He pointed out her mistakes just as she did his. He made his share of mistakes but was never as annoying as Anuj.

Khushi never gave 5 page bhashan though her dialogues were lengthy at times. She never chanted maan, respect blah blah blah but knew what was right. During Lavanya track, she did try to stay away when she realized her feelings for him. She had her flaws but never self righteous as the FL here.

Man, I miss them a lot... They were crafted so well.

I believe the writers and directors have a huge part in making the show a hit. Their dialogues were soulful and left a lasting impact.

K: Hume aapka koi ehsaan nahi chahiye

A: Ehsaan? Tum meri patni ho Khushi...

See, that's how you declare your love loudly.

IPK is a class apart. It will always define the forever wala love for me.

Tiana, so many of the dialogues have instant recall even 13 years on. When Arnav stepped out of Dadi's room saying, "Jahan meri patni nahi aa sakti, mujhe nahi lagta ki wahan meri zaroorat hai" - that's how you show respect not just chanting to all and sundry, "meri Anu galat ho hi nahi sakti".

There was organic character growth shown. An acceptance and repentance of mistakes and errors of judgement. Arnav was never faultless (that face made us forgive way too much!) and Khushi did have a sacrificing nature but no way was she a doormat.

It remains the rabbit hole I have no desire to find my way out of smiley9

TianaWrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arshi67

IPK is a class apart. It will always define the forever wala love for me.

Tiana, so many of the dialogues have instant recall even 13 years on. When Arnav stepped out of Dadi's room saying, "Jahan meri patni nahi aa sakti, mujhe nahi lagta ki wahan meri zaroorat hai" - that's how you show respect not just chanting to all and sundry, "meri Anu galat ho hi nahi sakti".

There was organic character growth shown. An acceptance and repentance of mistakes and errors of judgement. Arnav was never faultless (that face made us forgive way too much!) and Khushi did have a sacrificing nature but no way was she a doormat.

It remains the rabbit hole I have no desire to find my way out of smiley9

@bold: I fall in love with him every time I watch that scene.

Their 'Farq padtha hai' was more romantic and soulful than the 'I MaAn you' that was thrown around post their marriage. Also this show must take lessons on how to redeem their characters.

Remember, how Mami was initially but then her organic growth to Manorma Bond where we saw how she was willing to give up everything of hers for Arnav. She was never fully perfect but in her own words "No explainings pleej, humarileyay Arnav Bitwa ke Khushi se zyada important kucho nahi". That's exactly how you make the audience fall in love with a character that is grey. You don't give dialogues like 'aap khara sonaa hai'.

Then we had NK who was initially a third angle but his and Khushi's beautiful friendship was something I will always cherish. Remember when he gifted her a bangle on he birthday and said it was a promise that he will be with her always. Here the third angle Yashdeep sir was just so annoying. No story or character whatsoever.

Oh, how can I forget La who had so much character growth that I had tears when she left the show. I can give 5 panno bhashan for each side character in that show without feeling bored. Each character had their importance and that's why the show was a hit. Had it been only about Khushi or Arnav, I am sure the show would have gone in drains.

But, I think most of the shows in that period had sub plots and plots that went well with the story. Even the sister show had beautiful tracks back then. I enjoyed the OG Akshara and Naitik. Every side character had a story. Can't believe someone who produced such a beautiful show is now promoting this as a masterpiece.

I agree with you, IPK is a whirlpool of emotions that makes us drown deep everytime we watch it.

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Hey hi. Welcome to the forum! smiley1 What are your views on Sai Joshi of Ghum Hai Kisikey pyaar meiin?

Edited by nutmeg7 - 2 months ago
TianaWrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Hey hi. Welcome to the forum! smiley1 What are your views on Sai Joshi of Ghum Hai Kisikey pyaar meiin?

I haven't watched that show at all... Only read gossips about offscreen drama here and there... So no ideasmiley36

Cheeku, you watched right?

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Cheeku has watched Ghum :)

Also, so kind of you to respond. I had actually tagged another user who has now hibernated. smiley1

Edited by nutmeg7 - 2 months ago
TianaWrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Cheeku has watched Ghum :)

Also, so kind of you to respond. I had actually tagged another user who has now hibernated. smiley1

I didn't see the tag and thought it was addressed to me because i had just postedsmiley36

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Absolutely no issues. smiley1

Originally posted by: TianaWrites

I haven't watched that show at all... Only read gossips about offscreen drama here and there... So no ideasmiley36

Cheeku, you watched right?

I did. It was a roller coaster ride for me. I had my own issues with the show but overall it was truly enjoyable for mesmiley36

There was also toxicity. FL's in-laws were also intolerable but Sai was no Anupa. She would give as good as she got (sometimes moresmiley37)

Neil was the best actor among the lot. His character was played with alot to accommodate the FL and the vamp. Anyways. I stopped long ago. There were off screen issues as well. But I didn't see that resulting into anything on the show unlike others. So my views will remain different about the off screen. People went to the extent of claiming that it's Neil who is pulling the strings behind the scenes claiming he had the influence and he used it to affect Ayesha (FL). Nobody considered the fact that it was his character that was compromised. If he had the influence, it would be his character that would shine, not the FLs.smiley44

Just like Anupa, Sai would refuse to acknowledge and rectify her mistakes (save for one time). So, you see, I have my complaints. But it was way better than Anupamaa really.

731627 thumbnail

Anupama ko first episode Jo 13 july 2020 ko start hua

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1grn-8Z7U4&pp=ygURYW51cGFtYSBlcGlzb2RlIDE%3D