naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 1 months ago

Which r the finest green flag heroes of Bollywood which u would wish to marry?

My favourites r

1. Raj from DDLJ 

2. Rahul from K3G

3. Rishi from KANK

4. Prem from HAHK

5. Prem from Vivah 

6. Rajesh, Prem , Vinod from HSSH

7. Sunny from Dil Dhadakne do

8. Ram from Dhadkan 

Kash real life me bhi aise ladke hote😱😱

Edited by naaznin - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago

Raj from DDLJ for sure. Cant say the same for Rahul from K3G, no one marries someone in such vulnerable state, the bride shouldn’t look shocked to say the least. smiley36

I would say - 

Veer Pratap Singh from VZ

Mohan from Swades. 

Nikhil from Hasi toh Phasi. 
Vivek from HSSH. (Not Prem who broke off the engagement for family reasons without consulting with his fiance)
Aditya from JWM. 

Badri in Dulhaniya (his growth from Red Flag to Green Flag was shown nicely). 
Guys from ZNMD. 
Kabir from DDD. 
Guys from DCH especially Siddharth. smiley27

Will add more. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: a month ago

Raj from DDLJ was constantly entertaining himself by harassing Simran.  He was actually a jerk.  And the barn scene where he makes her think “something happened” while she was drunk, again for his own amusement, completely ignoring the fact that since she didn’t consent it would be rape. Why is it funny to let a girl think she was raped?  

Rahul from K3G was an all around good guy. I agree with the poster above that just marrying someone at their father’s funeral and then moving them to England is not very green flag’ish, but in every other scene he was a good husband who made Anjali very happy.  

Prem from HAHK on the one hand didn’t have the guts to stand up to everyone and say that him and Nisha are in love.  But then has the audacity to call Nisha and tell her she should marry his brother because that’s best for the baby.  The last 20 mins of HAHK was beyond ridiculous.  Tuffy the dog was the only green flag.  

Green flags for me would be:

Raj from Kuch Naa Kaho

Samir and Siddharth from DCH.  Akash didn’t take the concept of relationship seriously till the last quarter of the movie.  So he was neither green nor red flag.  

The movie flopped but Shahid’s character in Mausam was a green flag.  

Nikhil in HTP even though he should have broken up with his fiancĂ© long before he reached the wedding mandap.  But he gets major credit for always trying to do the right thing by everyone.  

I strongly and vehemently disagree about Badri from BKD.  Yes the character changed, but before changing he was basically a thug who never faced any consequences for his actions.  He constantly stalked and harassed the girl. Flies to another country to kidnap her so his father can teach her a lesson.  It amuses me how that part is always glossed over.  He wanted to take her back to India so his dad could beat and shame her publicly.  He only changed because the object of his obsession was nice to him and took care of him.  What is the underlying message here?  Be good to your stalkers and kidnappers because they’ll change?  BKD was just an all around bad movie and the worst part is it was hyped as some women’s rights movie.  

naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Raj from DDLJ was constantly entertaining himself by harassing Simran.  He was actually a jerk.  And the barn scene where he makes her think “something happened” while she was drunk, again for his own amusement, completely ignoring the fact that since she didn’t consent it would be rape. Why is it funny to let a girl think she was raped?  

Rahul from K3G was an all around good guy. I agree with the poster above that just marrying someone at their father’s funeral and then moving them to England is not very green flag’ish, but in every other scene he was a good husband who made Anjali very happy.  

Prem from HAHK on the one hand didn’t have the guts to stand up to everyone and say that him and Nisha are in love.  But then has the audacity to call Nisha and tell her she should marry his brother because that’s best for the baby.  The last 20 mins of HAHK was beyond ridiculous.  Tuffy the dog was the only green flag.  

Green flags for me would be:

Raj from Kuch Naa Kaho

Samir and Siddharth from DCH.  Akash didn’t take the concept of relationship seriously till the last quarter of the movie.  So he was neither green nor red flag.  

The movie flopped but Shahid’s character in Mausam was a green flag.  

Nikhil in HTP even though he should have broken up with his fiancĂ© long before he reached the wedding mandap.  But he gets major credit for always trying to do the right thing by everyone.  

I strongly and vehemently disagree about Badri from BKD.  Yes the character changed, but before changing he was basically a thug who never faced any consequences for his actions.  He constantly stalked and harassed the girl. Flies to another country to kidnap her so his father can teach her a lesson.  It amuses me how that part is always glossed over.  He wanted to take her back to India so his dad could beat and shame her publicly.  He only changed because the object of his obsession was nice to him and took care of him.  What is the underlying message here?  Be good to your stalkers and kidnappers because they’ll change?  BKD was just an all around bad movie and the worst part is it was hyped as some women’s rights movie.  

Raj's definition of joke was certainly not funny  but still he stopped for saving a girl who was not even his friend in a new country n supported her otherwise she would be in mess. When he fell in love he tried to be a son in her family n not son in law.

Prem didn't asked Nisha to get married to rajesh. He didn't knew she had misunderstanding. But even after knowing the truth Nisha still chose the child n he respected her decision because both of them loved the child more.

Nikhil I felt wasn't green flag because he started loving his fiancee's sister which was gross. He should have broken up with his GF when he started developing feelings for her sister.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Ranbir's character Prem from Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani

Salmans Prem in HSSH

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: naaznin

Raj's definition of joke was certainly not funny  

We live now in a world where anyone who made that joke should be ostracized from said world. What can ya do. I wonder if that invalidates the whole's films legacy smiley36

Edited by Maroonporsche - a month ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Raj from DDLJ for sure. Cant say the same for Rahul from K3G, no one marries someone in such vulnerable state, the bride shouldn’t look shocked to say the least. smiley36

I would say - 

Veer Pratap Singh from VZ

Mohan from Swades. 

Nikhil from Hasi toh Phasi. 
Vivek from HSSH. (Not Prem who broke off the engagement for family reasons without consulting with his fiance)
Aditya from JWM. 

Badri in Dulhaniya (his growth from Red Flag to Green Flag was shown nicely). 
Guys from ZNMD. 
Kabir from DDD. 
Guys from DCH especially Siddharth. smiley27

Will add more. 

Rahul n Anjali 's marriage was situation based. Anjali n Pooja had no one in their family n Rahul felt Anjali n Pooja r vulnerable. It was more of a concept of becoming both sister' s guardian which was symbolised by Rahul keeping his hand on anjali's head. 

Actually till that time concept of strong n independent woman who can take care of herself n family wasn't properly introduced. 

loginidran thumbnail

Jayesh Patel in Jayesh bhai Jordaar. The ultimate green flag any girl deserves in her life. đŸ€ŒđŸ«°đŸ˜˜

And Salman’s character in K2H2.

Edited by loginidran - a month ago
naaznin thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

We live now in a world where anyone who made that joke should be ostracized from said world. What can ya do. I wonder if that invalidates the whole's films legacy smiley36

Movie was made 30yrs ago. After 2000 I feel ppl started realising that Bollywood shows very wrong concepts like flawed  women empowerment like Rekha in bulandi, sexist jokes, romanticising of stalking , showing cheating as funny. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: naaznin

Raj's definition of joke was certainly not funny  but still he stopped for saving a girl who was not even his friend in a new country n supported her otherwise she would be in mess. When he fell in love he tried to be a son in her family n not son in law.

Prem didn't asked Nisha to get married to rajesh. He didn't knew she had misunderstanding. But even after knowing the truth Nisha still chose the child n he respected her decision because both of them loved the child more.

Nikhil I felt wasn't green flag because he started loving his fiancee's sister which was gross. He should have broken up with his GF when he started developing feelings for her sister.

Helping Simran doesn’t negate any of his problematic jokes.  But the barn scene and letting her think she’s been raped negates all of his helpfulness.  

I must have remembered HAHK wrong then. Wasn’t there a dramatic crying phone call between Prem and Nisha towards the end?  But I stand by my opinion that Tuffy was the only green flag at the end.  

I agree about Nikhil for the most part.  And I accept that you or many others won’t find him a green flag.  I guess I’m cutting him some slack because I think his intentions were to help and do right.