Favourite mythological books or mytho books you're currently reading

Quantum-Dot thumbnail
Posted: 27 days ago

Hello mytho lovers,

Please share with us your favourite mythological books or the mythological book you are currently reading, in this thread. If possible, don't forget to share the link of the book with us. 

In this thread, you can also share with us the things you loved about a particular book & what you didn't.

Thanks & regards.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Hello mytho lovers,

Please share with us your favourite mythological books or the mythological book you are currently reading, in this thread. If possible, don't forget to share the link of the book with us. 

In this thread, you can also share with us the things you loved about a particular book & what you didn't.

Thanks & regards.

Hey Simi! Tomorrow is Happy Gudi Padva, Happy Ugaadi and happy Chaitra Navratri. So in salutation to Mother Nature who brings us Basant beauty and bounty, I read SaptShati from Markanedeya purana. It's a wonderful collection of different Strotras and 700 shlokas as Mahishasur Mardini story. 

The battle truly inspires me when there's some life struggle. I do my reading offline using a book which gives proper sequence including the Nyasas as correctly advised energy prayer. The reading truly energises me against Life Battle

I love the way it gives the biggest spiritual lesson in the beginning itself relating it to everybody's life and for everybody's benefit........ King Surath and Samadhi Vaishya take learning from Medha Muni........ The learning is that birds or animals also feed their children to help them grow to independence. But they don't expect anything in return. We trapped by Maya, make our love and our contribution conditional. Yet we claim we are superior to them. In reality, the soul is constant across the living world(Tvam Sakshat Atmasi Nityam!)

Ya Devi Sarv Bhooteshu Shaktiroopen sansthita, namaha tasyeh namaha tasyeh namaha tasyeh Namo namaha!

This lesson humbles me hugely. It makes me aware that the same Adi Shakti which gives me life, gives life to every other soul. It prohibits me from looking down upon any animals, even if stray! I realise that, in next birth, as per the probabilistic chaos of the Universe, I could be that stray animal.

I like it best because it explicitly relates to scientific facts like "the beginning of the universe" in the Vaikalpic Rahasya. The same things are established now by the Western world through research. It brings pride to my heart because ancient Hinduism already had researched these facts. 

It's also the loved strotra of Shree Adi Shankaracharya. The Aparadh-maapan Strotra is so very beautiful. It says, I am a sinner; but you're the Mother. And my trust in you is that you will never let any bad happen to me ever. So you decide what you want to do with me. The Ultimate Karmyoga! The beauty is that it doesn't state, do good to me or give me this and/or that. The prayer leaves the decision to Devi Mata because she is our mother. Mata Kumata Na Bhavati!

He summarised the entire Saptshati in Mahishasur Mardini stotra. A beautiful prayer to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442ewPgXHQ0&pp=ygUOYWlnaXJpIG5hbmRpbmk%3D

The Saptshati path is available at multiple sites on google; sharing a link here

https://pdflake.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Durga-Saptashati-PDF.pdf

Edited by Loving2Missing2 - 27 days ago
RainOfDew thumbnail

Interesting topic. I havent ready many books related to our history. Tbh i was introducted to Mahabharat and Ramayan coz of tv serials, distortion mainly and my curiousity to know what actually happened.

I have read Shrimadbhagwadgeeta and currently i am reading Mahabharat. Havent read much due to time constrains.

If u guys wanna read it this site provide free pdf of Mahabharat.

https://www.voiceofhinduism.in/2021/09/Sampoorna-Mahabharat-Gita-Press-Gorakhpur-PDF-download.html

Edited by RainOfDew - 27 days ago
RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 26 days ago

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Hello mytho lovers,

Thanks & regards.

Books that are written as fiction inspired by mythology:

1. Ram the Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi- I just love this book, this book has all my heart. The character portrayal of Shree Ram is amazing in this. The story line does not match with the authentic Ramayana Scriptures but character is so on point. The patience, the calmness, the popularity of Shree Ram has been explained very beautifully in this book.

2. The immortals of Meluha, The secret of Nagas, The oath of Vayuputras --- Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi ---- this whole series is my favourite. The story line is very enticing and very gripping through out the book. I loved how he wrote it, the characters and the relationship between them stood out for me. It was very beautiful and very intresting to read. The concepts like how solutions of today becomes problems of future, how one misunderstanding based on miscommunication can cause a war  are beautifully depicted in these books.

3. Valmiki Ramayan, translation by Bibek Debroy: I am currently reading this book and loving it because translation are very straight forward in this. I don't understand Sanskrit much so really wanted authentic translations without author's pov in it for Valmiki Ramayan and this book is it for me as translations are very easy to understand.

I have read many other books like jaya Mahabharat, Ram Charit Manas, Vishnu Puran (currently reading), Bhagwat Geeta (yet to finish it, reading it very slowly). Can't choose fav between these 😅, these are my knowledge centers very important for me on a spiritual and emotional level.

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

Hey Simi! Tomorrow is Happy Gudi Padva, Happy Ugaadi and happy Chaitra Navratri. So in salutation to Mother Nature who brings us Basant beauty and bounty, I read SaptShati from Markanedeya purana. It's a wonderful collection of different Strotras and 700 shlokas as Mahishasur Mardini story. 

The battle truly inspires me when there's some life struggle. I do my reading offline using a book which gives proper sequence including the Nyasas as correctly advised energy prayer. The reading truly energises me against Life Battle

I love the way it gives the biggest spiritual lesson in the beginning itself relating it to everybody's life and for everybody's benefit........ King Surath and Samadhi Vaishya take learning from Medha Muni........ The learning is that birds or animals also feed their children to help them grow to independence. But they don't expect anything in return. We trapped by Maya, make our love and our contribution conditional. Yet we claim we are superior to them. In reality, the soul is constant across the living world(Tvam Sakshat Atmasi Nityam!)

Ya Devi Sarv Bhooteshu Shaktiroopen sansthita, namaha tasyeh namaha tasyeh namaha tasyeh Namo namaha!

This lesson humbles me hugely. It makes me aware that the same Adi Shakti which gives me life, gives life to every other soul. It prohibits me from looking down upon any animals, even if stray! I realise that, in next birth, as per the probabilistic chaos of the Universe, I could be that stray animal.

I like it best because it explicitly relates to scientific facts like "the beginning of the universe" in the Vaikalpic Rahasya. The same things are established now by the Western world through research. It brings pride to my heart because ancient Hinduism already had researched these facts. 

It's also the loved strotra of Shree Adi Shankaracharya. The Aparadh-maapan Strotra is so very beautiful. It says, I am a sinner; but you're the Mother. And my trust in you is that you will never let any bad happen to me ever. So you decide what you want to do with me. The Ultimate Karmyoga! The beauty is that it doesn't state, do good to me or give me this and/or that. The prayer leaves the decision to Devi Mata because she is our mother. Mata Kumata Na Bhavati!

He summarised the entire Saptshati in Mahishasur Mardini stotra. A beautiful prayer to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=442ewPgXHQ0&pp=ygUOYWlnaXJpIG5hbmRpbmk%3D

The Saptshati path is available at multiple sites on google; sharing a link here

https://pdflake.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Durga-Saptashati-PDF.pdf

Wow this is beautiful 😍 ❤️ 🥺❤️

Thanks for sharing thissmiley31

RamAayeHain thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainOfDew

Interesting topic. I havent ready many books related to our history. Tbh i was introducted to Mahabharat and Ramayan coz of tv serials, distortion mainly and my curiousity to know what actually happened.

I have read Shrimadbhagwadgeeta and currently i am reading Mahabharat. Havent read much due to time constrains.

If u guys wanna read it this site provide free pdf of Mahabharat.

https://www.voiceofhinduism.in/2021/09/Sampoorna-Mahabharat-Gita-Press-Gorakhpur-PDF-download.html

Thankyou for sharing smiley31

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: RamAayeHain

Books that are written as fiction inspired by mythology:

1. Ram the Scion of Ikshvaku by Amish Tripathi- I just love this book, this book has all my heart. The character portrayal of Shree Ram is amazing in this. The story line does not match with the authentic Ramayana Scriptures but character is so on point. The patience, the calmness, the popularity of Shree Ram has been explained very beautifully in this book.

2. The immortals of Meluha, The secret of Nagas, The oath of Vayuputras --- Shiva Trilogy by Amish Tripathi ---- this whole series is my favourite. The story line is very enticing and very gripping through out the book. I loved how he wrote it, the characters and the relationship between them stood out for me. It was very beautiful and very intresting to read. The concepts like how solutions of today becomes problems of future, how one misunderstanding based on miscommunication can cause a war  are beautifully depicted in these books.

3. Valmiki Ramayan, translation by Bibek Debroy: I am currently reading this book and loving it because translation are very straight forward in this. I don't understand Sanskrit much so really wanted authentic translations without author's pov in it for Valmiki Ramayan and this book is it for me as translations are very easy to understand.

I have read many other books like jaya Mahabharat, Ram Charit Manas, Vishnu Puran (currently reading), Bhagwat Geeta (yet to finish it, reading it very slowly). Can't choose fav between these 😅, these are my knowledge centers very important for me on a spiritual and emotional level.

Beautiful 🥰! I don't suppose Amish Tripathi books available online to read, are they?

I have one of the Shiva trilogy books in my cupboard ( gifted by my son) but never came to read it. Book book pe likha hai padhanewale ka naamsmiley36. With your post now, I shall make it a point to read.

RainOfDew thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Posted: 25 days ago

Originally posted by: Loving2Missing2

Beautiful 🥰! I don't suppose Amish Tripathi books available online to read, are they?

I have one of the Shiva trilogy books in my cupboard ( gifted by my son) but never came to read it. Book book pe likha hai padhanewale ka naamsmiley36. With your post now, I shall make it a point to read.

Yeah I don't think so, I have hardcopy of those 😅

Oh yes you should definitely go for it, its really amazing 😍 

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 25 days ago