Is she too plain for playing Sita ? - Page 8

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: loginidran

Yeah and the so called joke continues in that disgusting vein. It will continue to happen until such a mindset persists. Unfortunately you just cannot get through such dense minds and make them see the obvious.

So you don't like my way of putting down the Pallavi casting and joking about it. Well I don't like the stuffy insipid way some others have. Makes it feel like an antiseptic ward in a hospital with everything cleansed. Boring.smiley2

Maroonporsche thumbnail

If I said Ram ji will now be a drunkard and a drug addict thanks to Ranbir playing it, then that’s definitely offensive and has to be reported.

someone else might say that in some days. Can I get your help in reporting it at that time smiley36
loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

Ravan was obsessed with her beauty and aura. But if having someone ethereal cast as Sita is problem maybe we change the story to Ravan not kidnapping her at all so that everyone is happy smiley36

You clearly need to update yourself with the actual story of Ramayana . Ravana kidnaps Sita to take revenge on Rama for chopping off his sister Soorpanakha’s nose. It’s so embarrassing to see that people here are commenting without even knowing about what they were commenting.🤦‍♀️

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

someone else might say that in some days. Can I get your help in reporting it at that time smiley36

Why , your fingers would be broken by then?smiley36

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

If I said Ram ji will now be a drunkard and a drug addict thanks to Ranbir playing it, then that’s definitely offensive and has to be reported. You not just rebuked the actress but made a joke on a serious violence that the women are subjected to every day world over. Like as if good looks are the main criteria for the kidnappers. Ravana did not kidnap Sita merely because of her looks btw. There was more back story to it.

I did say it would make it a different story. And I was careful to use words like "character", "role", "playing a role". If you can't get the basic difference, then what can I say? Work on the comprehension? smiley2

I know you are trying hard to nail me. But first decide what it is really about. Don't come up with phony outrage and contrived analogies smiley36

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yeah and the so called joke continues in that disgusting vein. It will continue to happen until such a mindset persists. Unfortunately you just cannot get through such dense minds and make them see the obvious.

Yeah make a joke using characters' names and then deflect that you are talking about actors as if joking about an actor being too ugly to attract perps of heinous crimes is acceptable because no one's religious sentiment are hurt? Like wtf?

She is a human being and doesn't deserve to be dehumanised irrespective of religion.

And then do mental gymnastics about casting as if the only " ethereal" women are eurocentric north Indian women? As if the scripture doesn't hold Ram Sita to be teens/YA when exiled? As if any human being is 'ethereal' enough to play a supposed goddess— daughter of earth and someone who gave up her life in defence of her dignity in a patriarchal society.

Ek verse padha nahi hai par puri personality based hai issi epic par.

Edited by Blueeeee - 6 months ago
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

You clearly need to update yourself with the actual story of Ramayana . Ravana kidnaps Sita to take revenge on Rama for chopping off his sister Soorpanakha’s nose. It’s so embarrassing to see that people here are commenting without even knowing about what they were commenting.🤦‍♀️

I didn’t say that is the reason he kidnaps her.
Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

So the entire problem is North or South. Where did I add only women in north are ethereal… but everyone has a knack for adding comments that never existed in the first place to support their outrage. Keep crying about north south in every thread smiley36

loginidran thumbnail

Originally posted by: Basskarrr

I didn’t say that is the reason he kidnaps her.

Hain? Well, There isnt a single verse in Valmiki Ramayana where it says Ravana was ‘obsessed’ by Sita’s beauty. Care to tell me where you got it from?

1274961 thumbnail

I clearly have no sense of humour to see the "joke" in a goddess who was kidnapped by Ravan would be returned if she doesn't look good.