Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago

We have bigger problems here though.

How is an almost 45 year old Ranbir going to be shown as a 16 year old during Sita Swayamvar? 😆

How is Sunny @65 going to sit on one knee and be able to stand up without any help?😅

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have nothing against this actress . I barely know her . I just feel that Tripti would have hit it out of the park with this role . That too opposite Ranbir . That pairing is red hot .

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollymolly

Shradha, Tripti or Mrunal my suggestions

Their all hot. Maybe next time. Its a trilogy. Maybe they'll pop up or pop out in part 2 smiley36
TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Their all hot. Maybe next time. Its a trilogy. Maybe they'll pop up or pop out in part 2 smiley36

One of them can play Raavan's wife. 😬

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Don’t know who she is but she looks pretty sweet and simple so it might work, like others said, we need someone who can actually deliver instead of being just a wooden doll so why not this one? Also I think she will look good with Ranbir smiley27

Edited by infinity101 - 6 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Are we so obsessed with eurocentric standards of beauty that a perfectly nice actor cannot play Sita because she doesn't have measurements of runway model?

Aur ye Tripti ka kya chakkar. She is lovely and a good actor par har film mein usse hi kyon cast karna hai?

Ranbir is the real miscast here. Ramayana traditions across regions as well as Valmiki Ramayana hold Ram as a young lithe man when he's exiled. Post Sanju, Ranbir has really beefed up.

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

We have bigger problems here though.

How is an almost 45 year old Ranbir going to be shown as a 16 year old during Sita Swayamvar? 😆

How is Sunny @65 going to sit on one knee and be able to stand up without any help?😅

They have cast whom as whom? Gosh.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

Are we so obsessed with eurocentric standards of beauty that a perfectly nice actor cannot play Sita because she doesn't have measurements of runway model?

Aur ye Tripti ka kya chakkar. She is lovely and a good actor par har film mein usse hi kyon cast karna hai?

Ranbir is the real miscast here. Ramayana traditions across regions as well as Valmiki Ramayana hold Ram as a young lithe man when he's exiled. Post Sanju, Ranbir has really beefed up.

It’s pretty clear that there is severe lack of knowledge and understanding of the Epic Ramayana, its essence , it’s characters and their authenticity.The way people want Ramji and Sitaji ki Jodi to be ‘hot’, and touting Kriti as Sita being ‘hot’, or Tripti making a ‘hot’ Jodi with Ranbir so she should be playing Sita ma ka role, I am wondering if we are talking about the Epic Ramayana or some sequel to the movie Animal.

About who is cast as who, the official announcement is still due but it’s said the 65+ year old would be playing pavan suta Hanuman.

Edited by loginidran - 6 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I feel she should be fine as Sita . I haven’t seen any of her movies but heard good things . At the end what matters how she is presented and how she performs in the movie. Actually I am happy she is the movie , getting bored of same castings .

Btw majority ppl look plain without makeup smiley36

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

It’s pretty clear that there is severe lack of knowledge and understanding of the Epic Ramayana, its essence , it’s characters and their authenticity.The way people want Ramji and Sitaji ki Jodi to be ‘hot’, and touting Kriti as Sita being ‘hot’, or Tripti making a ‘hot’ Jodi with Ranbir so she should be playing Sita ma ka role, I am wondering if we are talking about the Epic Ramayana or some sequel to the movie Animal.

About who is cast as who, the official announcement is still due but it’s said the 65+ year old would be playing pavan suta Hanuman.

People are jumping on the mytho/historical film wagon since past many years without the need or compulsion to do any sort of legitimate academic or literary research, it is genuinely insulting to the audience which will eventually make it a hit. Bad faith investments tbh.

And it's not like they bring anything artistically or intellectually new to the table. Every one of these films is repetitive. I'd rather watch a Ramleela or Sitayana performance than a bolly purposefully generic adaptation of Ramayana based on whatever Geeta presw book they are using as their source material. I seriously doubt they have engaged with any scholars of any field for this.

Edited by Blueeeee - 6 months ago