Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashita5500 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: Blueeeee

That very fairly has to do with the Rupali being a terrible actor, and Upma not breaking the cycle of abuse as a character. Narayani or Shayantani or for that matter any of her other contemporaries would still have salvaged this role.

I don't know whether you grossly misconstrued or simply being sarcastic. I can very well demarcate between the actor and character. This post was specifically made regarding Rupali's poor imitation of late Sri Devi from English Vinglish movie. As a viewer I am entitled to my opinion and free to express it as well. Isn't?
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashita5500

I don't know whether you grossly misconstrued or simply being sarcastic. I can very well demarcate between the actor and character. This post was specifically made regarding Rupali's poor imitation of late Sri Devi from English Vinglish movie. As a viewer I am entitled to my opinion and free to express it as well. Isn't?

I just very much agreed to your assessment. The role is bad and Rupali's acting is horrrrid. Both things compound to make for cringe-y viewing. I did say Rupali is a terrible actor, and I do think Narayani would have salvaged this role.

Critising Anuj doesn't make me a Upma or Rupali fan bhai.

My sarcasm game is fairly strong so I'd like to believe my og post was fairly self-explanatory lol

Ashita5500 thumbnail

I just very much agreed to your assessment. The role is bad and Rupali's acting is horrrrid. Both things compound to make for cringe-y viewing. I did say Rupali is a terrible actor, and I do think Narayani would have salvaged this role.

Critising Anuj doesn't make me a Upma or Rupali fan bhai.

My sarcasm game is fairly strong so I'd like to believe my og post was fairly self-explanatory lol

Well in that case I am glad we eventually agreed on something. Since our views always remained poles apart,I misconstrued your previous post as a jibe. Don't get me wrong. I am open to counter opinions as well. BTW,I despise Anuj equally. His incessant "Anupama jaap" is grating on my nerves. Honestly none of the characters in this show is worth rooting.
Blueeeee thumbnail

Well in that case I am glad we eventually agreed on something. Since our views always remained poles apart,I misconstrued your previous post as a jibe. Don't get me wrong. I am open to counter opinions as well. BTW,I despise Anuj equally. His incessant "Anupama jaap" is grating on my nerves. Honestly none of the characters in this show is worth rooting.

I have always stated that Dimpy should file a DV case against Upmaa, and that Anupmaa is a way for Shahi to mock feminist issues through a very relatable character in the very threads where we might have disagreed. But lol, aurat ki baton par kaun vishwas karta hai. Just like Upmaa says she doesn't love her abusive ex and interacts with him for her children but phir bhi sexually charged jokes about her and her literal abuser are everywhere on the internet.

Just because I am against the rampant elitism and sexism to which Upmaa is subjected in this fandom doesn't mean I like her as a character. Certain things are worth calling out on principle alone lol.

She is justified in some of her actions and blatantly abusive and pathetic in others.

This fandom being filled with adults who fail to understand the concept of nuance and the fact that not everyone operates in the binary of "bhakt vs blind hater" is extremely funny. Given how literally every action of Anuj gets defended when Upmaa is on the recieving end of it and criticised if he shows her even basic human consideration.

Abandoned Upmaa and chased a sexually interested acquaintance to another city? Lawyers kis chidiya ka naam hai, family court kya hota hai. Bas beti ka pyaar hota hai. Adopted bacchon ka massiah, Anuj. Upma ne use abuse kar diya apne bacchon aur pota poti ko importance deke. Anuj bechara kya karta.

The same Anuj tells Adhya that Upma did not purposefully endanger her life? Anooooooooooj ke papa mummy would be cursing the day they adopted that emasculated simp who was previously deemed a victim of Upmaa's emotional abuse.

This show weaponises motherhood to justify regressive shit and the fandom uses motherhood as satitva test to see if remarried women are faithful to their second 'saviour' husband or not. All in all, this show is elitist and anti-women.

Edited by Blueeeee - 5 months ago
Ashita5500 thumbnail

I have always stated that Dimpy should file a DV case against Upmaa, and that Anupmaa is a way for Shahi to mock feminist issues through a very relatable character in the very threads where we might have disagreed. But lol, aurat ki baton par kaun vishwas karta hai. Just like Upmaa says she doesn't love her abusive ex and interacts with him for her children but phir bhi sexually charged jokes about her and her literal abuser are everywhere on the internet.

Just because I am against the rampant elitism and sexism to which Upmaa is subjected in this fandom doesn't mean I like her as a character. Certain things are worth calling out on principle alone lol.

She is justified in some of her actions and blatantly abusive and pathetic in others.

This fandom being filled with adults who fail to understand the concept of nuance and the fact that not everyone operates in the binary of "bhakt vs blind hater" is extremely funny. Given how literally every action of Anuj gets defended when Upmaa is on the recieving end of it and criticised if he shows her even basic human consideration.

Abandoned Upmaa and chased a sexually interested acquaintance to another city? Lawyers kis chidiya ka naam hai, family court kya hota hai. Bas beti ka pyaar hota hai. Adopted bacchon ka massiah, Anuj. Upma ne use abuse kar diya apne bacchon aur pota poti ko importance deke. Anuj bechara kya karta.

The same Anuj tells Adhya that Upma did not purposefully endanger her life? Anooooooooooj ke papa mummy would be cursing the day they adopted that emasculated simp who was previously deemed a victim of Upmaa's emotional abuse.

This show weaponises motherhood to justify regressive shit and the fandom uses motherhood as satitva test to see if remarried women are faithful to their second 'saviour' husband or not. All in all, this show is elitist and anti-women.

While I concur that these sexual innuendos against Anupama is distasteful,one thing I will reiterate with certitude that literally none of us ever defended Anuj. I am flabbergasted what made you think so?Anyways,I'll place the onus on writers. Second chances are rare especially in India where women still bear the brunt of failed marriages. They should have carefully delineated this topic considering the repercussions it will have on the gullible viewers.

Anuj married her out of love. He wasn't under any obligation to save a "damsel in distress". We never eulogised him as a "saviour". Now coming to Anupama,she is precariously foolish. A woman in her mid 40's was in adept at drawing healthy boundaries with her abusive ex. Ideally,apart from her children nothing else should have defined her relationship with her ex but she was way too involved in his personal matters. We trolled her for that. We might have gone overboard sometimes,not refuting your claims though.

Anuj is treading the same path. Honestly I won't blame him for moving in with Shruti. He is divorced and free to pursue anyone but his dalliances with Shruti while having eyes on Anupama is disgusting to the core. I hope now you won't stereotype us as misogynists. Let's bury the hatchet for good.

Blueeeee thumbnail

While I concur that these sexual innuendos against Anupama is distasteful,one thing I will reiterate with certitude that literally none of us ever defended Anuj. I am flabbergasted what made you think so?Anyways,I'll place the onus on writers. Second chances are rare especially in India where women still bear the brunt of failed marriages. They should have carefully delineated this topic considering the repercussions it will have on the gullible viewers.

Anuj married her out of love. He wasn't under any obligation to save a "damsel in distress". We never eulogised him as a "saviour". Now coming to Anupama,she is precariously foolish. A woman in her mid 40's was in adept at drawing healthy boundaries with her abusive ex. Ideally,apart from her children nothing else should have defined her relationship with her ex but she was way too involved in his personal matters. We trolled her for that. We might have gone overboard sometimes,not refuting your claims though.

Anuj is treading the same path. Honestly I won't blame him for moving in with Shruti. He is divorced and free to pursue anyone but his dalliances with Shruti while having eyes on Anupama is disgusting to the core. I hope now you won't stereotype us as misogynists. Let's bury the hatchet for good.

Again I never accused you or whoever constitutes "we" specifically of anything. I have made general statements about a fandom because I have seen these statements being used to justify Anuj's actions.

Also I have seen way too many comments about Anuj's MBA and NRI status and how they do not go for women like Upmaa irl on this very forum. That establishes him as the "saviour" no?

Anuj is free pursue to x number of women as far as those women have informed consent about what the said relationship entails. Yahan pe bandi friend se live-in fiance ban gayi aur janab ne yeh clear nahi kiya ki beti ke liye phasaya tha. The woman wanted to leave and why did he stop her? Preteen beti ne tantrum throw kiya.

Ashita5500 thumbnail

Again I never accused you or whoever constitutes "we" specifically of anything. I have made general statements about a fandom because I have seen these statements being used to justify Anuj's actions.

Also I have seen way too many comments about Anuj's MBA and NRI status and how they do not go for women like Upmaa irl on this very forum. That establishes him as the "saviour" no?

Anuj is free pursue to x number of women as far as those women have informed consent about what the said relationship entails. Yahan pe bandi friend se live-in fiance ban gayi aur janab ne yeh clear nahi kiya ki beti ke liye phasaya tha. The woman wanted to leave and why did he stop her? Preteen beti ne tantrum throw kiya.

Even my post was based on your general observation only. Never presumed you were specifically targeting us of anything. Now regarding class difference between Anuj and Anupama,I think people who came up with this topic were simply being realistic. Let's face it! She was no match for him. It has been surely depicted by the writers that love defy's everything but it's a utopia. Even professionally whatever they dished out to the viewers was hilarious.

Highly educated people are struggling to get a mere job in a reputed company and here Gujarati medium 12th paas Anupama who can't even pronounce basics correctly bagged partnership with an international business tycoon? Like seriously? She seldom attended office yet was shown as successfully running a thousand crore empire. Are you kidding me?It might offend you but she didn't possessed the required skills. I would have lauded the writers had they shown her starting from scratch with Anuj helping her and gradually develop an affinity towards her rather than this 26 saal ka pyaar wala nonsense.

Yes,I totally second you regarding Anuj and Shruti's equation. He should come out clean on this. Marriage is not a joke. He has no right to sabotage a woman's life for the sake of his daughter.

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Time_to_move_on

Anupama is a typical high-trp ITV drama. It doesn't show the titular character achieving anything meaningful in life. But she is labelled as an epitome of "woman empowerment" just to entice gullible viewers.

EXACTLY. THIS. Looks like makers are also hell bent on showing ki yeh jaisi hai, she won the world by “not changing”.

But they have blurred lines between changing and improving. Ek baar Suri ki jagah sorry bol de. Personality nahi change hone wali.

Time_to_move_on thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Changing for others is a personal choice. But changing for your own betterment is imperative.

If we take the example of English-Vinglish, Sridevi's character masters basics of conversational English at the end of the movie. She doesn't start talking like a native English speaker nor she delivers a flawless speech. She makes grammatical mistakes as pointed by her on-screen teacher..THIS IS REALISM!

But Anupama who is uneducated and runs some faceless YouTube channel gets a American work visa?!!How?!!

Educated people from non-STEM fields or those who go on H4 visa struggle to get work visa in the US! Infact, not all STEM grads also get the work visa unless they take the F1 route and here Anupama gets!Utter nonsense!

This story set up in Mumbai, Delhi, or any other Indian city would have been more realistic than fake America.

And the latest cooking competition! That was horrible! Each and every character and the story itself are hopeless, unrealistic, and overdramatic! Unfortunately, for various reasons this crap rules trp charts in India!

Edited by Time_to_move_on - 5 months ago
nutmeg7 thumbnail

America is to show “udaan”. We can ignore the nitty gritties because in reality, Anupamaa would never get a visa so randomly. It is only for the sake of story.