Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Time_to_move_on thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Ashita5500

Even my post was based on your general observation only. Never presumed you were specifically targeting us of anything. Now regarding class difference between Anuj and Anupama,I think people who came up with this topic were simply being realistic. Let's face it! She was no match for him. It has been surely depicted by the writers that love defy's everything but it's a utopia. Even professionally whatever they dished out to the viewers was hilarious.

Highly educated people are struggling to get a mere job in a reputed company and here Gujarati medium 12th paas Anupama who can't even pronounce basics correctly bagged partnership with an international business tycoon? Like seriously? She seldom attended office yet was shown as successfully running a thousand crore empire. Are you kidding me?It might offend you but she didn't possessed the required skills. I would have lauded the writers had they shown her starting from scratch with Anuj helping her and gradually develop an affinity towards her rather than this 26 saal ka pyaar wala nonsense. 

Yes,I totally second you regarding Anuj and Shruti's equation. He should come out clean on this. Marriage is not a joke. He has no right to sabotage a woman's life for the sake of his daughter.

Finally someone said it! Class difference between Anuj and Anupama is realism not elitism. Plus, 2 people with so much class difference should never marry as in the long run it might ruin the marriage. I know many women who filed for divorce within a few years of marriage because their husbands were not as professionally successful as them.

Also, my comments are not gender-specific. Not all Indian women are becharis nor all Indian men are tormentors, regardless of their education, employment status, or family background.

There are good husbands, good in-laws, and bad daughter-in-laws too! So I will never support shows that use women card to justify the wrongdoings of female characters!

But 'udaan' in India is also udaan only. They are indirectly saying success means finding your feet in foreign lands.

nutmeg7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Time_to_move_on

But 'udaan' in India is also udaan only. They are indirectly saying success means finding your feet in foreign lands.

Exactly. Indirect way but yeah. India ke ek sheher ki Anupamaa ke “bade sapne” despite her limitations- Crux 

Even if Anupama had set up a small catering business or taught dance to 5 students in her mohalla, I would have happily considered it an udaan. 

But her character is always shown getting entangled in domestic problems. If she symbolizes empowerment, then she should have broken these chains and done something. 

Yahan Anupama sirf sapne dekhti hai, haqeekat mein kuch achieve nahi karti!

Edited by Time_to_move_on - 1 months ago
Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Time_to_move_on

Truncated original message.

Also, my comments are not gender-specific. Not all Indian women are becharis nor all Indian men are tormentors, regardless of their education, employment status, or family background.

There are good husbands, good in-laws, and bad daughter-in-laws too! So I will never support shows that use women card to justify the wrongdoings of female characters!

It is so nice to see varied views and even better when we don't paint everything with the same colour byt view objectively..

Ashita5500 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

You know I find it extremely funny when people defend her sluggish approach by giving pathetic excuse that if she upgrades herself,it will obliterate her core traits. Like WTH man! Can't well educated and working women be kind and generous? Why Anupama needs to remain "gawar" to maintain her core traits. I don't expect her to transform overnight but atleast take baby steps. Here she takes the initiative with much hype only to abandon it midway to cater to her ex and his family 🙄.

Ashita5500 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

That's how a mature conversation should take place. Sadly,very few people adhere to this nowadays.