Anupamaa America Track should of been a copy of English Vinglish

Starwatcher01 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Who eles aggrees...

She should of went to study also met a nice NRI Guy there. Learnt fully english it been 3 years of the show and she is still struglling.

She could of shown Vanraj look at my english

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: Starwatcher01

Who eles aggrees...

She should of went to study also met a nice NRI Guy there. Learnt fully english it been 3 years of the show and she is still struglling.

She could of shown Vanraj look at my english

Anupa's life is full of should haves. But I don't think she cares enough to do anything about themsmiley36
Dee-Dee thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Suri but she ijj perphect!

And she ijj in the middle of her Udaan, ye koi tame hey Englis sudharne ka?

NRI nahi mila to kya ho gaya, she got Yashdeep, who is proving to be a better simp than Anuj Kapadia, apparently Yashdeep hates Anuj but is totally fine with Shahs coming to his restaurant and creating ruckus everyday, Baa ko dekhte hi he acts like a loyal pet. Anupama ke liye apni Kidney bech sakta hai! Aur kya chahiye šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Edited by Dee-Dee - 5 months ago
731627 thumbnail

Yeh anupama ka apna style hai

The way anupama speaks the way anupama walk the way anupama cry the way anupama get angry yeh anupama ka character show karta hai yahi anupama ke character ko define karta hai

Agsr anupama ki personality complete change ho gayi to anupama anupamaa nahi rahegi . Yes story bhadane ke liye thoda bahut to change aata hai but personality poori kabhi change nahi hogi

Har character ka apna style hai jo ek doosre ke character se alag karta hai to anupama ka bhi apna style hai

ShahH8er thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Trollbaaz

America track is basically a waste. Same tamashahs are being shown in a different setting.

It's better that she would have remained locked up as a Jogan instead and spared the world. Instead of Yashdeep, the shopkeeper who would get groceries delivered could have become her new simp and persuade her to step out of her house. When that happens, she encounters Shameless shahs once again and all hell breaks loose. She could be shown cooking in some local competition and making some progress till she gets preoccupied with the kaands of her masters. Anuj character should be dead and Choti Anu/Aadhya, in someone else's care - her character ends.

Ashita5500 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It is indeed a cheap copy of English Vinglish but the difference is that Sri Devi exuded class while Rupali is cringe.

Time_to_move_on thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

English Vinglish was a classy and most importantly, a realistic movie. Neither Sridevi's character was a two-time divorcee nor was her husband like Vanraj or Anuj.

Anupama is a typical high-trp ITV drama. It doesn't show the titular character achieving anything meaningful in life. But she is labelled as an epitome of "woman empowerment" just to entice gullible viewers.

Tbh, I felt ashamed of watching such a regressive show for 3 months. Thankfully, I abandoned it but come here occasionally to read comments! Based on comments, I also realised that the show is still stuck in the same rut, and not done any real progression in terms of story!

Ashita5500 thumbnail

Exactly! Shashi was such a fiery spirited woman. She had a knack for learning and improving which made her character really inspiring. She became fluent in English within 4 weeks while Maa even after so many years still can't pronounce basics correctly. What a low! Brains of people who support this Anupamaid should be kept in museum. Duniya ka aathva ajuba hain ye log.šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harish111

Ok I have to ask as I have seen this many times. What is a "should of"?

I don't understand how Indians can make this mistake. Americans etc make this mistake as for illiterate people who don't read and write much, when they hear would have, should have, it sounds to them as would of, should of and they don't know better.

But Indians read before they learn to speak English and people on forums are usually highly educated. Indians are highly educated before they move overseas. So how can Indians make this mistake?

Good lord.

Languages change all the time. "Mere ko" makes zero grammatical sense and yet it has nearly displaced "mujhe" in Hindustani registers. You know what will change to accomodate this sociolinguistic phenomenon? Arbitrary rules of grammar.

The use of "should of" instead of "should have" has a looooooong history both inside and outside of the UK. It has very little to do with literacy. This oral-to- script mistransmission is a common feature in the history of the language. They eventually become standardised. "Another", "apron," "nickname" all have similar histories.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/nickname

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/apron

https://www.academia.edu/download/85388922/j.1467-9841.2011.00480.x20220503-1-1bms1j.pdf

https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=kqe_xR2oYl8C&oi=fnd&pg=PR7&dq=info:bU4RhmhcRrMJ#v=onepage&q&f=false

Just because something isn't part of the academic and business register of a language doesn't mean it is a "mistake" or reflection of education. Outside of strictly legal contexts, it shouldn't be censured. The OP was perfectly understood, what was the need of this?

You know what other grammatical 'mistake' is extremely normalised by highly-educated anglophone Indians?

Very Indian Poem in Indian English

Nissim Ezekiel

I am standing for peace and non-violence.
Why world is fighting fighting
Why all people of world
Are not following Mahatma Gandhi,
I am simply not understanding.
Ancient Indian Wisdom is 100% correct.
I should say even 200% correct.
But modern generation is neglecting-
Too much going for fashion and foreign thing.

Other day Iā€™m reading in newspaper
(Every day Iā€™m reading Times of India
To improve my English language)
How one goonda fellow
Throw stone at Indirabehn.
Must be student unrest fellow, I am thinking.
Friends, Romans, countrymen, I am saying
(to myself)
Lend me the ears.

Everything is coming-
Regeneration, Remuneration, Contraception.
Be patiently, brothers and sisters.

You want one glass lassi?
Very good for digestion.
With little salt lovely drink,
Better than wine;
Not that I am ever tasting the wine.
Iā€™m the total teetotaller, completely total.
But I say
Wine is for the drunkards only.

What you think of prospects of world peace?
Pakistan behaving like this,
China behaving like that,
It is making me very sad, I am telling you.
Really, most harassing me.
All men are brothers, no?
In India also
Gujaraties, Maharashtrians, Hindiwallahs
All brothers
Though some are having funny habits.
Still you tolerate me,
I tolerate you,
One day, Ram Rajya is surely coming.

You are going?
But you will visit again
Any time, any day,
I am not believing in ceremony.
Always I am enjoying your company.

Language prescriptivism is elitist and will always be.

https://www.ling.upenn.edu/courses/Fall_2018/ling001/prescription.html

Par iss forum par kisi ke angrezi lehze aur siksha par vishesh tippani na di jaye toh kaise chalega bhai.

Edited by Blueeeee - 5 months ago
Blueeeee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashita5500

It is indeed a cheap copy of English Vinglish but the difference is that Sri Devi exuded class while Rupali is cringe.

That very fairly has to do with the Rupali being a terrible actor, and Upma not breaking the cycle of abuse as a character. Narayani or Shayantani or for that matter any of her other contemporaries would still have salvaged this role.