Frequent Posters

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Lagaan 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Not all had been bad in MP, but still it's not a match to Lagaan...so Lagaan it is (my first Aamir movie).

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Mangal Pandey wasn't 4-year project, for sure. It came after that gap but wasn't in the making for so long. Aamir had planned another film with Mansoor Ali Khan post DCH to kick off at the end of 2001 iirc. Then the Oscars happened, which got him busy. Then, the divorce and he took off a whole year (shelving the Mansoor project), similar to how he has done now btw. Mangal Pandey happened much later. It started I believe in the second half of 2003. He had RDB and Fanaa even before Mangal Pandey's release to make up for the gap. 

The audio wasn't bad. It probably is the last one from Rahman which had his magical 90's touch (the melody and bass mix). The sound has distinctly changed since then. Apart from the different versions of the title track, Main Vaari Vaari and Rasiya are terrific. I count Rasiya among the top 3 most underrated singles of Rahman's career. 

But rdb and Fanaa both released in 2006, while MP was released in 2005 one year before both of these. 

I remember Aamir started preparing for MP right after lagaan. I read Ameesha's interview and the talks of her casting in various magazine right after gadar in 2001.

Amir also supported long hair look for a very long time for years, he came to Pakistan some 2 years before the release of MP in that look of long hair and big mustaches to raise funds for Imran Khan's cancer hospital, I remember watching that fund raising marithon transmission on ptv. 

------------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Winner!! Lagaan 

Silalcarin — kendalls-roy: Aamir Khan as Bhuvan in Lagaan...

Lagaan