None of them interest me, but still voted for Lagaan

Filmistan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Lagaan.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Here it is easy voting but most polls will be tough to vote ..

Aamir Movies Rocks!!

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sharaban

Obviously Lagaan. 

Despite all of the hype, MP was simply a BAD and faulty movie on so many levels. Aamir wasted his precious 4 years for this junk to not release any other film. 

4 years to make that snoozefest? 😳 

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

MP bad bad film like Mela. At least Mela had good songs but this one had nothing that can salvage it, at least not to the best of my knowledge. Sorry MP fans.😅

I don't know what the makers did for those 4 long years, research?  for sure not, as the film seems to be made in a hush hush way.. 

for example the last scene where they have shown a prostitute Rani suddenly turned into a freedom fighter without any logic or acceptable reasoning ...

The songs were bad & vulgar and didn't even resonated with that bygone era, felt more like from the modern times. 

--------------

Edited by sharaban - 2 months ago
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

clean sweep

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Voted for Lagaan due to superiority of script and songs.smiley20

I do have fond memory of Mangal Paandey though as this was the movie showcased to students at our school and eveyone was talking about Amisha and the Englishman scene next day.smiley36

WhiteNights thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Phew! The easiest poll of all smiley36

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

No one will vote for MP so I will vote it just for Rani and Amisha lol. Aishwarya was smart to reject this film even if it meant a lifelong blacklist by Aamir.

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

I don't know what the makers did for those 4 long years, research?  for sure not, as the film seems to be made in a hush hush way.. 

for example the last scene where they have shown a prostitute Rani suddenly turned into a freedom fighter without any logic or acceptable reasoning ...

The songs were bad & vulgar and didn't even resonated with that bygone era, felt more like from the modern times. 

--------------

Mangal Pandey wasn't 4-year project, for sure. It came after that gap but wasn't in the making for so long. Aamir had planned another film with Mansoor Ali Khan post DCH to kick off at the end of 2001 iirc. Then the Oscars happened, which got him busy. Then, the divorce and he took off a whole year (shelving the Mansoor project), similar to how he has done now btw. Mangal Pandey happened much later. It started I believe in the second half of 2003. He had RDB and Fanaa even before Mangal Pandey's release to make up for the gap. 

The audio wasn't bad. It probably is the last one from Rahman which had his magical 90's touch (the melody and bass mix). The sound has distinctly changed since then. Apart from the different versions of the title track, Main Vaari Vaari and Rasiya are terrific. I count Rasiya among the top 3 most underrated singles of Rahman's career.