Why no previous Ashoka shows ever worked?

Yashikha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Be it the SRK movie showing damn hot steamy scenes with Kareena or Chakravatin Ashok Samrath or Pracchand Ashok, none seems to have worked.

My paranormal take on this is that the spirits of Ashok and his wives and everyone involved in that part of history may have wanted the truth to be shown instead of a fictional version of their history.

Well, that's my take on it. What about yours?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NostalgiaLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Ashok's real story is very complexed and full of Villainy, ITV audiences won't be able to accept it at all, in just these episodes his character is so repulsive and these fictional elements are not helping at all, its ruining the show to its worst. Next trps will be 0.6 🙄

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Sushim is more likeable in the show than Ashok, how pathetic 😒

Yashikha16 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NostalgiaLove

Sushim is more likeable in the show than Ashok, how pathetic 😒

Seriously, how? I guess in real life too it must have been like that.

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yashikha16

Seriously, how? I guess in real life too it must have been like that.

In real history Sushima was heir to the throne and a handsome man. Bindusara loved him very much. 

Yashikha16 thumbnail

In real history Sushima was heir to the throne and a handsome man. Bindusara loved him very much. 

Coming to think of it, Ashoka seems to have been deformed/disfigured, had rough skin and maybe unwell despite having won all the wars like Takshashila etc and if the Mahabharat principle was also applied here, then anyone with any sort of deformity wouldn't have to be able to access the throne. Therefore Sushim being the eldest to Ashoka, was a contender for it. But Ashok being the most competent had to fight for it, even against all his other brothers, ending up in killing them all.

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

CAS was very much loved till they showed the child Ashok. Sid was amazing. Unfortunately it didn't work once the Ashok Kaurwaki love was brought up. They had to take a leap and even Mohit Raina couldn't save it. 

I think people (Me one of them) are more interested to see the political/historical part of Ashoka than his love life. smiley36 But ITV can't show anything without a love story. smiley36

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

CAS was very much loved till they showed the child Ashok. Sid was amazing. Unfortunately it didn't work once the Ashok Kaurwaki love was brought up. They had to take a leap and even Mohit Raina couldn't save it. 

I think people (Me one of them) are more interested to see the political/historical part of Ashoka than his love life. smiley36 But ITV can't show anything without a love story. smiley36

Ashok loved only Asandhimitra and respected her very much , none of his wives held as much importance in his life as Asandhimitra but somehow due to that SRK's movie only Karuwaki is shown and that too with fictional history. Karu was from Kaushambi not Kalinga 😒

MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ashok loved only Asandhimitra and respected her very much , none of his wives held as much importance in his life as Asandhimitra but somehow due to that SRK's movie only Karuwaki is shown and that too with fictional history. Karu was from Kaushambi not Kalinga 😒

His love life is quite confusing. 

Makers need to stop showing KWK and Ashoka because it clearly interests no one. smiley36

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

His love life is quite confusing. 

Makers need to stop showing KWK and Ashoka because it clearly interests no one. smiley36

It's not confusing at all, it's written pretty clearly he kept Asandhimitra as his chief queen and sent his other wives like Devi and Kaurwaki to his outer harems to promote his cause like Devi was in Ujjain and Karuwaki was in Kaushambi. Asandhimitra as his Chief Queen stayed with Ashoka at Patliputra and after her death under lust he made Tisyarakshita his chief queen and gave her some power because she saved him from a terrible disease but due to this Kunal lost his eyes and Tisyarakshita her life.