Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abfghi thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Why can't they change the leads ,on place of Karu as lead, they can make Devi as lead and can try new molded story it can help much better . But now is just a dream. Even now Devi asoka pairing is much better than Karu Ashok.

Yashikha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: Abfghi

Why can't they change the leads ,on place of Karu as lead, they can make Devi as lead and can try new molded story it can help much better . But now is just a dream. Even now Devi asoka pairing is much better than Karu Ashok.

The marketing and promotions that they did for Karuwaki and Ashok, it's almost impossible to change the leads, given that SHE of all people will be the change (apparently) for Pracchand Ashok to Dhamma Ashok, where till now, there's no sight of Buddhism on the horizon! Also, with all due respect to hinduism, there are Sanskrit prayers as BGM! Like seriously!?

ghostlyghost thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Kaurwaki is the only Queen of ashoka who was named in his inscriptions and edicts. That's probably the reason makers focus on them. 

NostalgiaLove thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ghostlyghost

Kaurwaki is the only Queen of ashoka who was named in his inscriptions and edicts. That's probably the reason makers focus on them. 

And in that edict what did he say? He said the charities of my second wife should be recorded in her name, Karuwaki, mom of Tivala. 

Thats it. 

There is no love story written about Karu. Neither she was a princess of Kalinga nor she was Empress Consort. According to Scholars she lived in Kaushambi. 

The Graffiti which Ashok did for Devi is more romantic in tone than Queen's edict.

Agramahishi Asandhimitra is called Ashok's soulmate and his only love in more than two main sources. 

Edited by NostalgiaLove - 1 months ago
ghostlyghost thumbnail

She's empress consort, what are you talking about? She was not concubine,  she was his wife and second empress consort.

No one else is mentioned in his any inscription or edict. She and her son was the only exception which shows he did held her in high regard even if there was no heavy romanticism.

Her being princess who was captive of war or her being from kashumbi and living there, is not fact, its opinion of some scholars while other scholars doesn’t agree to that. So its useless to mention that here.

Devi is probably his love as thats the marriage he did without any selfish wish, devi was merchant daughter and he at that time was exiled and was in tender age. He really wanted to make his son from devi, his heir too. He couldn’t grant her empress consort title too.

Asandhimitra can hardly be regarded as his soulmate or true love, no matter how you see it. Asandhimitra was a princess, making her the most suitable one to become chief empress consort. Not because he loved her or anything. Yes some scholars and some legends says otherwise but again matter of debate not fact. Some legend doesn’t even mention her. He has no children from her. 

Devi, Padmavati and karuwaki's son were respectively favoured by him.

Also Ashok was not a Monogamist,  there was really no one and true love for him

Edited by ghostlyghost - 1 months ago
NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: ghostlyghost

She's empress consort, what are you talking about? She was not concubine,  she was his wife and second empress consort.

No one else is mentioned in his any inscription or edict. She and her son was the only exception which shows he did held her in high regard even if there was no heavy romanticism.

Her being princess who was captive of war or her being from kashumbi and living there, is not fact, its opinion of some scholars while other scholars doesn’t agree to that. So its useless to mention that here.

Devi is probably his love as thats the marriage he did without any selfish wish, devi was merchant daughter and he at that time was exiled and was in tender age. He really wanted to make his son from devi, his heir too. He couldn’t grant her empress consort title too.

Asandhimitra can hardly be regarded as his soulmate or true love, no matter how you see it. Asandhimitra was a princess, making her the most suitable one to become chief empress consort. Not because he loved her or anything. Yes some scholars and some legends says otherwise but again matter of debate not fact. Some legend doesn’t even mention her. He has no children from her. 

Devi, Padmavati and karuwaki's son were respectively favoured by him.

Also Ashok was not a Monogamist,  there was really no one and true love for him

Look guys what I told you, whenever I tell real history, some internet historian's ego really gets hurt despite providing all evidences 🤣😂  

She is saying Karuwaki was prisoner of war 🤣😂 please give source as well. 😒🤣 Maine kaise nahi padha, ye kaise chuth gaya mujhse 😭

Do you even realise what Empress Consort actually means? 🤣

Karu being from Kalinga is not even opinion of scholars 🤣😂 it's just a fantasy created by popular media , just like how it shows Durdhara and Nand Nandini as same woman. Oh please now rant on this one too and tell me I learnt history from Ekta's serials. There are many like you accusing of this 😂🤣

Oh yeah and many scholars also opine your so called prisoner of war was infact Tisyarakshita herself 😂

Edited by NostalgiaLove - 1 months ago
Yashikha16 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NostalgiaLove

Look guys what I told you, whenever I tell real history, some internet historian's ego really gets hurt despite providing all evidences 🤣😂  

She is saying Karuwaki was prisoner of war 🤣😂 please give source as well. 😒🤣 Maine kaise nahi padha, ye kaise chuth gaya mujhse 😭

Do you even realise what Empress Consort actually means? 🤣

Karu being from Kalinga is not even opinion of scholars 🤣😂 it's just a fantasy created by popular media , just like how it shows Durdhara and Nand Nandini as same woman. Oh please now rant on this one too and tell me I learnt history from Ekta's serials. There are many like you accusing of this 😂🤣

Oh yeah and many scholars also opine your so called prisoner of war was infact Tisyarakshita herself 😂

I know.

SRK's Ashoka's influence for sure!!

NostalgiaLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: Yashikha16

I know.

SRK's Ashoka's influence for sure!!

But itna delusional? It's not like I didn't give them sources or even screenshots of the original books so that they can differentiate between the truth 😢 they can't even get access to these books as they actually find history boring and will consider it waste of money to buy these books but bhashan aise denge Jaise E.H Carr se bhi bade historian ho. I bet google kiye bina Carr ke bare me jante tak nahi honge 😡

ghostlyghost thumbnail

1. I did not watch SRK's Ashoka  ( except for one song of Ashoka movie) and as for this serial I only watched few clips and already knew its not historically accurate coz neither Ashok married devi and karuwaki in same period nor was Devi a princess reason why he couldn’t grant her title or make her son the heir. 

2.Everything you said are from legend, is that considered evidence? Srilankan legend says one thing, North indian one says something else. Its not factual, there's always both truth and lies mixed in legends,  thats why I said its useless to debate over this. As for her being princess of kalinga and war captive, I read that in book, can't just remember which one but I don't consider this one fact as well. Whats factual evidence regarding his queens that exists is only that edict that mentions Karuwaki. 

3.Do you realise what's that? Empress consort doesn’t mean chief consort. Karuwaki is mentioned by Ashok as Dwitiya Devi.

4. I don't think you know some scholar regard Tisyarakshita and Karuwaki as same person. Such as Historian Romila Thapar.

As far as I know those movie and serial, including this one romanticised Ashok whereas he was no true lover of sort, he was polygamist. His love for women was obviously not like what they show. Not only he had multiple queen but also many maid, concubines. 

All I was saying that makers romanticise him with Karuwaki is probably coz she is the only one mentioned in his edict. Although there might not be love, there's obvious influence and power. That's why when they fantasied and romanticised Ashok, they chose Karuwaki. I'm not saying he had great love story with her bla bla.