Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: Newbird

Which one you voted finally? smiley36

I haven't voted yet. 🤔

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

How is anything else getting any votes when one of contenders is Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na?😳

rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Dil Se of course. Interesting how Kajol was the first choice for the film and desperately wanted to work with Mani Ratnam but was already booked for another film so was forced to turn it down. Audiences rejected Dil Se when it came out but I feel that would have been even worse if they saw SRK/Kajol die. It works better with Manisha imo.

Songs are amazing and still hold up today along with the story. A very powerful movie that shows what turns ordinary people into terrorists, or perhaps better labeled as freedom fighters? It's a thin line sometimes but it's hard not to sympathize with Manisha's story.

MNIK is also good and I think one of SRK's best performances. But the subject weight is very weighty and I remember feeling disturbed by the death of Kajol's son so it's not one I could rewatch over and over. You can tell this is an outlier in KJo's filmography because he didn't write it.

Beautifully put again! You should consider Bollywood blogging with the depth you put in to writing and explanations.

The trio of movies from Mani Ratnam's entry to Bollywood Roja, Bombay and Dil Se all dealt with terrorism and in a different way. To make these movies in that environment of the 90s needed a lot of guts. Plus, he brought a completely new style of cinematography to Bollywood. This was far ahead of its time and Bollywood wasn't used to this genre and acceptance was not the best as he was considered an outsider from the south. I absolutely love all these movies and his next one too Yuva (amazing story and brilliant performances by Rani, Abhishek and Ajay-won Best Film critics awards). (I think he produced Saathiya with YRF didn't direct it).

If not my thoughts, you should listen to Javed Akhtar when he was presenting the CNN Indian of the Year award this year to Mani Ratnam for PS-1 and PS-2. (He won it with SRK). He describes Mani Ratnam's influence perfectly. Dil Se was just way ahead of it's time.

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 4 months ago
rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

How is anything else getting any votes when one of contenders is Kabhi Ha Kabhi Na?😳

I played a part in getting Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa in and even I could't vote for it smiley6

Edited by rickyproctor27 - 4 months ago
rickyproctor27 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I also find them an overrated pair and I'm glad they don't have anymore movies than they already have. Especially when you consider that Dil Se, Mohabbatein, Devdas, Veer-Zaara, and KANK were all offered to her first. If Kajol had said yes to all those (and Dil Se was the only one she did want to do but couldn't), we basically wouldn't have any other pairings for SRK outside of Kajol for the late 90s/2000s.

Now looking back, it's amazing how actresses like Manisha and Urmila played so many of these off-beat roles in mainstream cinema and were so fantastic in how they pulled them off. Wish they received more appreciation for these brilliant performances.

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Newbird

Which one you voted finally? smiley36

I haven't watched any of the 3 movies. smiley43I've finally voted and it turns out it's the most popular choice so far. smiley36

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Dil Se songs, Priety and Manisha are the only good things about it. Shahrukh character’s creepy stalkerish act and how it’s glorified in the movie, leaves a pretty bad after taste.

MNIK, is a badly made movie with OTT acting. No two ways about it.

kHKN 🤌

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

KHKN is so underrated. Deserves to stand on its own. Not a threeway. 

AamirKingKhan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Dil se 

Originally posted by: Nostalgia-02

I haven't watched any of the 3 movies. smiley43I've finally voted and it turns out it's the most popular choice so far. smiley36

u didnt see dil se? U must go see it. It should be on some streaming portal.