Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: rickyproctor27

Dil Se album >>> All SRK movies except Chak De, Swades, DDLJ and Veer Zaara

wee guttersnipe on Tumblr: Chaiyya Chaiyya from Dil Se (HIndi, 1998)

though I like veer zaara story and album more but this song was rage chaiya chaiya n still played at parties
1277038 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

though I like veer zaara story and album more but this song was rage chaiya chaiya n still played at parties

Agree Veer Zaara album is out of the world too! Its the legend Madan Mohan's compositions and thus such amazingly beautiful and soulful songs.

What I meant was, even if I hadn't watched Dil Se the movie and heard only the Dil Se soundtrack, I would still choose Dil Se over all SRK movies except those 4 listed above.

P.S. Dil Se is a great movie too even though it didn't do very well.

hbkrocks thumbnail

KHKN ! loved the authenticity.

Also SRK best performance for me

1169321 thumbnail

You come to appreciate SRK's filmography when such top tier movies are up against each other smiley19

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Dil se was an amazing movie, not sure why it did not do well at the BO. Loved the music, especially chaiya, satrangi re and ae ajnabi. I think Srk given a great performance. My name is khan script and direction was very poor but Srk performance was good.

I say it again Karan Johar is a very overrated director. The only movie was enjoyable was KKHH.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Dil Se of course. Interesting how Kajol was the first choice for the film and desperately wanted to work with Mani Ratnam but was already booked for another film so was forced to turn it down. Audiences rejected Dil Se when it came out but I feel that would have been even worse if they saw SRK/Kajol die. It works better with Manisha imo.

Songs are amazing and still hold up today along with the story. A very powerful movie that shows what turns ordinary people into terrorists, or perhaps better labeled as freedom fighters? It's a thin line sometimes but it's hard not to sympathize with Manisha's story.

MNIK is also good and I think one of SRK's best performances. But the subject weight is very weighty and I remember feeling disturbed by the death of Kajol's son so it's not one I could rewatch over and over. You can tell this is an outlier in KJo's filmography because he didn't write it.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Dil Se of course. Interesting how Kajol was the first choice for the film and desperately wanted to work with Mani Ratnam but was already booked for another film so was forced to turn it down. Audiences rejected Dil Se when it came out but I feel that would have been even worse if they saw SRK/Kajol die. It works better with Manisha imo.

Songs are amazing and still hold up today along with the story. A very powerful movie that shows what turns ordinary people into terrorists, or perhaps better labeled as freedom fighters? It's a thin line sometimes but it's hard not to sympathize with Manisha's story.

MNIK is also good and I think one of SRK's best performances. But the subject weight is very weighty and I remember feeling disturbed by the death of Kajol's son so it's not one I could rewatch over and over. You can tell this is an outlier in KJo's filmography because he didn't write it.

MNIK is one of those films that I don’t watch again and again but it really touched my heart the first time I saw it. Also I loved SRK’s performance in it. And well I am glad Kajol turned that film down, har wakt screen pe SRK Kajol nahi acha lagta, upar se I find them so overrated, his chemistry with Manisha was beautiful IMO and also she looked like a million bucks.
Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I'm happy if Dil Se wins, great film that was way ahead of it's time.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Three movies with excellent SRK performances and really good stories...

Although it pains me to have to vote only for one of them, my spontaneous reaction was DilSe...it is the movie that made me look up SRK for the first time on Google...after having already watched 5 movies (out of six) with him on two weekends...so this movie somehow is a turning point in my life smiley27

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: infinity101

MNIK is one of those films that I don’t watch again and again but it really touched my heart the first time I saw it. Also I loved SRK’s performance in it. And well I am glad Kajol turned that film down, har wakt screen pe SRK Kajol nahi acha lagta, upar se I find them so overrated, his chemistry with Manisha was beautiful IMO and also she looked like a million bucks.

I also find them an overrated pair and I'm glad they don't have anymore movies than they already have. Especially when you consider that Dil Se, Mohabbatein, Devdas, Veer-Zaara, and KANK were all offered to her first. If Kajol had said yes to all those (and Dil Se was the only one she did want to do but couldn't), we basically wouldn't have any other pairings for SRK outside of Kajol for the late 90s/2000s.