India

Posted: 7 months ago

Highest 1st innings lead resulting in a defeat for India

192 vs SL Galle 2015

190 vs Eng Hyderabad 2024

132 vs Eng Birmingham 2022

80 vs Aus Adelaide 1992

69 vs Aus Sydney 2008

Previous highest in India: 65 by Australia at Chennai CS in 1964 (139 runs)

Prizi thumbnail

India

Highest 1st innings lead overturned to win a Test in India

274 Ind vs Aus Kolkata 2001 (Won by 171 runs)

190 Eng vs Ind Hyderabad 2024 (28 runs) *

99 Ind vs Aus Mumbai WS 2005 (13 runs)

95 Ind vs WI Delhi 2011 (5 wkts)

87 Ind vs Aus Bengaluru 2017 (75 runs)

Previous highest by a visiting team: 65 by Australia at Chennai CS in 1964 (139 runs)

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: Hard to pinpoint where it went wrong. Having got a lead of 190, we thought we were very much in the batting. Exceptional batting, one of the best I have seen in Indian conditions by an overseas batter. We bowled in the right areas. The bowlers executed the plans really well, you got to take your hat to Pope and say well played. Overall, we failed as a team. We didn't bat well enough. I wanted them to take the game to the fifth day. The lower order fought really well there. You need to be brave enough, which I thought we weren't.

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Originally posted by: Prizi

Narrowest Test defeats for India by runs

12 vs Pak Chennai 1999

16 vs Aus Brisbane 1977

16 vs Pak Bengaluru 1987

28 vs Eng Hyderabad 2024

31 vs Eng Birmingham 2018

#32 extra given by india during eng 420 all out

# jadeja run out & 2 players Stumped were prime reason for indias Drubbing

Run out & Stumping Considered as Sucides in test cricket

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

England played very well and they won the game with ease.

Congratulations to Eng.

livelytanu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Prizi

What happened with gill man?

Such a disappointment

So annoyed and disappointed with Gill. Its better if he gets dropped now.
Prizi thumbnail

India

Ben Stokes: Since I have taken captaincy on, we have had a lot of fantastic moments. This victory is probably 100% our greatest triumph. It's my first time coming here and being a captain. I am a great observer of the game. I watched how Indian spinners operated, how Rohit set the field. Absolutely thrilled for everyone. Hartley to get nine wickets and Pope after his shoulder surgery. Tom came into the squad for the first time. A lot of confidence given. I was willing to give him longer spells. We completely back people who we have selected. The situation we found ourselves in, the shots he played, 190 on such a wicket, he was able to manipulate the field, that's the greatest innings ever played in subcontinent by an English batter.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Ollie Pope | Player of the Match: 100 percent (best knock). Coming here to India, toughest place for a batter, to start the series like this, heads and shoulders above the other four (hundreds). I got lucky there in the second innings. I played and missed a few. I was focused on covering the inside edge. I maintained that mindset and wanted to be positive with my sweep and reverse sweep.I have changed my technique slightly for this series. I have had a long time to prepare for this series. Made some adjustments, worked hard on my game. The family have had early starts throughout the game, they can finally get some sleep, will be nice catching up.

Edited by Prizi - 7 months ago
Prizi thumbnail

India

All the talk leading into the series was about how Bazball will fare against the spinners. They've certainly won the first round. There was a vast difference in terms of experience between the two teams in the spin department. Things got worse for the visitors with Jack Leach having a niggle for most parts of the Test. But England found a way to come out on top. Stokes's crucial runs with the lower-order, Root's four-fer, Pope's incredible ton ... England, however, will be most pleased with Hartley's performance. He was taken to the cleaners by Jaiswal in his opening spell on day one but the debutant bowled beautifully today to pick seven wickets in an innings.

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Originally posted by: livelytanu

So annoyed and disappointed with Gill. Its better if he gets dropped now.

We have no choice koz injured jadeja might not available for 2nd test

We need Gill anyway