Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 7 months ago

Welcome to day 4 of 1st test match between India and England.

Rohit Sharma And Co Aim To Bounce Back

England will resume Day 4 of the ongoing first Test against India at 316 for 6 in Hyderabad. Ollie Pope (148) and Rehan Ahmed (16) are standing unbeaten at the crease as the visitors lead by 126 runs. Earlier on Day 3, India were bundled out for 436 with a 190-run lead over the guests. Later, Ravichandran Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah scalped two wickets apiece for the hosts but England managed to stay alive in the game due to Pope's unbeaten knock.

Savera84 thumbnail

Pitch Report - 'There's more bounce at one end when compared to the other end. So, the batters need to be wary about going forward or playing back. The pitch hasn't changed a lot, the black soil has held the pitch firm and there are a lot of runs still on offer. England will think they have the spinners, Joe Root, in particular and they could do something special,' reckons Kevin Pietersen, who says it's advantage England. Murali Kartik thinks it's advantage India with only Joe Root a factor

Savera84 thumbnail

Joe Root: Yeah, much more than in England (enjoy bowling in India). Little bit more to work with. (Bumrah's spell) Too good for me, I didn't last long enough to get through it. He's a quality bowler. When it starts to reverse, 4 or 5 overs of really tough batting, which if we can get through you can hopefully reap rewards, but unfortunately in my case, I couldn't. One of the most exciting things about yesterday was watching Ollie get through that, the way he managed that and obviously the rest of his innings as well. Some of the partnerships with few of the other guys means that we are well in the game now. Most of the guys play it (reverse sweep) a lot now anyway. Here, you got to find different ways of putting pressure back on the bowler, that's how we want to play, that's how we have played for a good while now as a team. That's a shot that can be very effective in this part of the world when the ball is turning. You try to exploit different parts of the field and make it hard for the bowlers to bowl the same ball time and time again. Yesterday, Ben Duckett and Ollie Pope in particular put on an exhibition and how to do that. Not with just one type of reverse sweep but four or five ways of playing that shot which opened up a massive part of the field. (Score that can put India under a lot of pressure) The most important thing is we try and take the scoreboard out of it like we did yesterday, went out there and we played in the manner that we wanted to play. If we keep focusing mainly on that rather than outcomes, we'll give ourselves a better chance of being in a strong position at the end of the innings. We have two talented guys at the crease now, we still have guys in the shed who are more than capable of some handy runs. I'm sure the pitch will deteriorate again as the day progresses. We gotta keep believing, keep fighting hard and play in the manner that suits us the best.

Savera84 thumbnail

Paras Mhambrey | India bowling coach - We were challenged, we knew how they were going to play, they're accessing different areas unlike the other teams when they come to the sub-continent. To be honest, we never thought that they would be rolled over like in the past, but we knew we would be challenged with our bowling. But we know we have the class and the experience in our bowling unit to come up trumps. 'You don't need to coach him' (on Bumrah), he's exceptionally skilled, always brings something different to the table. He' s always energetic, always ready to speak with the other bowlers, gives plenty of tips to Rohit, he just acts like a brother and looks to be on top of his game. If I look at the bowling perspective, all we need is to bowl 4 good balls, as soon as it comes, it's better for us. It's not the right thing to think about keeping the lead down to 140-150, the right thing is to hit the right areas, land a chunk of balls in a good area and get those 4 good balls as early as we can, that's what we're thinking right now.

Savera84 thumbnail

It looks like pitch is playing backwards. It is getting better day by day and England is getting more and more runs as the play is progressing.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

END OF OVER 80

3 runs

ENG: 327/6

CRR: 4.08

Ollie Pope

152 (214b 17x4)

Rehan Ahmed

23 (43b 2x4)

Ravindra Jadeja

28-1-106-1

Jasprit Bumrah

13-3-35-2

Prizi thumbnail

India

Ashwin to Ollie Pope, byes, FOUR, more runs for England - was pushed through quicker, turned sharply and beat Pope's back-foot prod, brushes Bharat's glove and races away for byes

Prizi thumbnail

India

Sp dev: "Timid approach from Rohit, with the field open, easy singles, waiting for the things to happens rather pushing

Prizi thumbnail

India

END OF OVER 93

3 runs

ENG: 388/7

CRR: 4.17

OJ Pope

179 (255)

TW Hartley

21 (27)

Mohammed Siraj

4-0-11-0

R Ashwin

25-3-113-2

Prizi thumbnail

India

Vismay : "I gotta give it to Pope... The pitch is not as easy as he is making it look !"