Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 7 months ago

"One more six please!! and I will go to sleep for sure." But why do you want to go to sleep during the morning session, Manu?

Prizi thumbnail

India

Tea, day two: This session - 26 overs | 87 runs | 2 wickets. England started well after lunch. They conceded just 2 runs off the first four overs and Rehan had Shreyas Iyer caught at deep midwicket. India responded in style. They counterattacked and put the England spinners under pressure. India got into lead and the Rahul-Jadeja duo stitched a brisk 65-run stand. KL became the fifth Indian batter to get out playing an aggressive stroke as he pulled a half-tracker from Hartley straight to deep midwicket. Post that, Jadeja and Bharat batted conservatively and ensured that there were no further setbacks in the session. While the left-hander has been solid, the latter has looked a bit tentative. India are 63 runs ahead and with 5 wickets in hand, they'll eye a pretty big lead. Join us in 20 minutes for the final session of the day...

Prizi thumbnail

India

Here's BeardGuy: "Averages don't say that much. KL Rahul's one of the most technically correct batters in India right now and he averages 44 in first class. Sarfaraz Khan averages 68 (and had averaged over 80 at times) but struggles against most international A teams' express quicks."

Prizi thumbnail

India

"India's batting lineup is just scary at home," purrs Vivek. "R Ashwin with 4 centuries at no.9." Five centuries, in fact. And one against England on their last tour

Prizi thumbnail

India

"Surprised to see Rahul averages only 34 in tests." Plenty of back story here, Alex

Prizi thumbnail

India

Pressan: "The problem with England's long game ploy is that with their history of spinners, Hartley might not make the squad for the next tour." This is true, of course

Prizi thumbnail

India

Here's Fazu: "One theory I do think England has been implementing here is, building Hartley's confidence by giving him the opening overs on both days. Once Hartley gets the confidence, like Leach did after getting pummeled by Pant last tour, he will be a different bowler. And with a line-up like India where all but two are right handers, two SLA bowlers would be diamonds. The earlier Hartley finds his rhythm, the ominous it is for India... England are playing the 'LONG GAME' here, I suppose!"

Prizi thumbnail

India

"Why England is playing both Hartley and Leach?" asks Lavish Bhateja. "Similar type of bowlers or it's something to do with unavailability of Bashir." Well, not being able to pick Bashir wasn't ideal - but Leach and Hartley are no more similar than Jadeja and Axar

Prizi thumbnail

India

Alfred: "Don't get me wrong, I love Mark Wood (who doesn't?), but I wonder whether Ollie Robinson's pinpoint accuracy might have been a better option here." Or Anderson's for that matter. Not seen much of Rehan yet either, although he'll likelier have more of a say against the tail and in the second innings (if we get one...) Meanwhile that is drinks. And this is Alan Gardner

Prizi thumbnail

India

Brett: "For those criticising Hartley, need I remind you that SK Warne's debut bowling figures were 150-1, that too against India!"