Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 7 months ago

Ashwin: It was pretty interesting in the first session, maybe there was a bit of moisture. Because of the early moisture, there was enough speed. Then it slowed down. Not enough speed to carry through to the slips. 240 was a very very good competitive total. Thought 30-40 runs more than what we would have liked. Someone making a hundred tomorrow will put us in the drivers' seat. (On Jaiswal) Had a great time in the IPL, had a wonderful start in first-class cricket. I am quite enjoying it. I am seeing Rishabh Pant there. His fearless cricket is serving him well.

Prizi thumbnail

India

365 runs is the most runs scored on the first day of a Test match in India where at least ten wickets were lost.

Previous most: 339/12 bw WI (182/10) vs Ind (157/2) at Wankhede in 2013

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Most runs in first day's play for an Indian batter after fielding first
95* G Gambhir vs Zim Harare 2005
76* Y Jaiswal vs Eng Hyderabad 2024
75* KL Rahul vs WI Kingston 2016

365 runs is the most runs scored on the first day of a Test match in India where at least ten wickets were lost.
Previous most: 339/12 bw WI (182/10) vs Ind (157/2) at Wankhede in 2013

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Ashwin: It was pretty interesting in the first session, maybe there was a bit of moisture. Because of the early moisture, there was enough speed in the pitch in the first session. Then it slowed down. The ball that spun ... not enough speed to carry through to the slip fielders. You need to mix your pace up and be extremely consistent for you to not be giving runs in this pitch. 240 was a very very good competitive total I thought. When we left the field, I was thinking probably 30-40 runs more than what we would have liked. The start that Jaiswal and Rohit gave us is making us breathe a little easy. Someone going on and making a hundred tomorrow will put us in the driver's seat. (On Jaiswal) Had a great time in the IPL, had a wonderful start in first-class cricket. I am quite enjoying it. I am seeing Rishabh Pant there. His fearless cricket is serving him well.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most runs in first day's play for an Indian batter after fielding first

95* G Gambhir vs Zim Harare 2005

76* Y Jaiswal vs Eng Hyderabad 2024

75* KL Rahul vs WI Kingston 2016

Palak2812 thumbnail

India

Jadeja and Ashwin have taken most wickets as an Indian bowling pair in Test cricket - 502*.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: Savera84

Were you busy with something or it is the time which is not suiting you?

Cheers..

timing coz when it started it was time for me to sleep hence
heavenlybliss thumbnail

Pakistan

Originally posted by: Savera84

Quotes

"By no means whatever record we have in the past decade or so gives us the guarantee that we are going to come out here on top as well, and win the series. We still have to play our best cricket - good cricket that we know that we play in these conditions... The last team to beat us here in our conditions was England. I wouldn't say we are not beatable. Definitely we are. We want to think that if we don't step up or if you don't show up, well, we are going to find ourselves in trouble."

India captain Rohit Sharma is under no illusions that his team is invincible at home

"I don't necessarily think it's bold or brave, it's just me and Baz looking at the wicket and picking the XI that we think will give us the best chance. That's the XI we've gone with. It's very exciting for Tom Hartley to make his Test debut. Looking forward to seeing him out there, and captaining him. He's been very impressive in the buildup in Abu Dhabi. It's a team based around what we think will give us the best chance of winning this game."

England captain Ben Stokes on the selection of three spinners

Please refrain from posting ball by ball commentary.

Thanks for the tagsmiley31

Savera84 thumbnail

Jaiswal is proving to be an asset. He needs some polishing and experience in playing on home away grounds. Hope he will get more chances to play for the country.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

Welcome back to the main event. It's day two of the first Test between India and England in Hyderabad, and the visitors are up against it already after an eye catching opening gambit. Yashasvi Jaiswal's silken stroke play left a rookie spin attack with plenty to ponder, not least the debutant Tom Hartley, whose nerves weren't given a whole lot of opportunity to settle. "Just bowl like Axar Patel won't you?