Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 months ago

Some seriously weird comments on here. Bobby was actually on the verge of superstardom. He had the best lineup in the early 2000s bare SRK. Consider this 

Indra Kumar's (Arguably the top director of the 90s) next.

Abbas Mastans Next

Anil "Gadar" Sharma's Magnum Opus "Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon" with Amitabh & Akshay in supporting roles. 

David Dhawans "Chor Machaye Shor"

Critically Acclaimed Kundan Shah's( Jaane bhi do yaaro) next.

Tango Charlie another Massive Production with Ajay, Sanjay, Suniel and Bobby playing the Titular role. 

Possibly the best directorial lineup other than Ranveers recent Zoya, SLB, Rohit Shetty, Kabir Khan, Kjo lineup in the last 25 years. 

Everyone wanted a piece of Bobby at one time. If Bobby wasnt a star why were Bachchan, Akshay, Ajay and others playing 2nd fiddle to him? 

A little bad luck and Bobby just gave up. Cutting his hair didn't help, lost a lot of female fan following. 

Btw, I still don't understand how Aur Pyar Ho gaya & Dillagi flopped. Both breezy movies with brilliant music. Luck plays a huge part. 

Edited by Haila_tu - 4 months ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Some seriously weird comments on here. Bobby was actually on the verge of superstardom. He had the best lineup in the early 2000s bare SRK. Consider this 

Abbas Mastans Next

Anil "Gadar" Sharma's Magnum Opus "Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon" with Amitabh & Akshay in supporting roles. 

Tango Charlie another Massive Production with Ajay, Sanjay, Suniel and Bobby playing the Titular role. 

Possibly the best directorial lineup other than Ranveers recent Zoya, SLB, Rohit Shetty, Kabir Khan, Kjo lineup in the last 25 years. 

Everyone wanted a piece of Bobby at one time. If Bobby wasnt a star why were Bachchan, Akshay, Ajay and others playing 2nd fiddle to him? 

A little bad luck and Bobby just gave up. Cutting his hair didn't help, lost a lot of female fan following. 

Btw, I still don't understand how Aur Pyar Ho gaya & Dillagi flopped. Both breezy movies with brilliant music. Luck plays a huge part. 

Superstar toh uss waqt toh Salman, Akshay, Ajay bhi nahi the

Bobby sirf ek upcoming Star tha 

Line up toh Abhishek k bhi ache the

Edited by PardesiBabu - 4 months ago
PardesiBabu thumbnail

Kal agar Fardeen khan ka koi role popular ho jaye

tab aisa hi topic koi banayega ki woh ek upcoming superstar hua karta tha par unlucky tha smiley36

myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: wat_up

this is very long post but will need to dissect it n reply as don’t agree with the points. Though will mention that since u said that what would others be without xyz. Basically discrediting the stars own successes and saying that only succeeded due to the director/producer etc, n only Hrithik didn’t have no one lol one could say in the 90s without papa most his movies weren’t hits. 

Sooraj let me address this he wasn’t some huge director MPK was his debut as a director and Salmans 1st movie as a lead actor at that time Sooraj wasn’t a known director nor a big production house. The movie MPK clicked because audience liked the movie and Salman Khan and bhag chemistry and they later the other movies with Salman in it audiences enjoyed them as well like HAHK which I’m was huge as well both were ATBBS. Then HSSH did well which was multi starrer. Then in recent times prem Rathaus Dhan piyo which di was superhit/blockbuster. 

In other hand mein prem ki diwani with Hrithik didn’t do well thus was only sooraj movie that didn’t work at the bo despite having Hrithik n Kareena. Because even vivah with shahid was a hit n we know shahids track record. I bring this up because u were saying others would be no where without xyz. I will address the others in other post. 

see a super star can get hit even with bad movies bad directors like srk and salman 

srk was no one outsider in bollywood salman also did not have any super star father like bobby or akshaye khanna or tushar kapoor yet they both succeed even with bad scripts or bad directors bec they are clever enough to manage pr and hype and to do things that are needed at right times and mind you neither was salman or akshay kumar or saif good actors in 90s and till mid 2000s they were bad actors or no actors 

bobby could not get hit with good movies and stories too and good action and better acting than salman or akshay kumar or saif or sunil shetty in 90s 

thats why i listed all reasons why he flopped 

if you do not agree i am ok but i think those are reasons for flopping 

Edited by myviewprem - 4 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Sunny said Bobby’s films Badal/Bichoo matched collections with Kaho na pyar hai in north India but media never wrote about it. True ? 

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Abbas Mastans Next

so why did he flop with a list of good directors? 

was it bad script or bad acting or no good pr promotions? 

bobby did not give up he asked for movies no one gave him as his pr is bad and his brother had fights with many production houses and directors 

Till salman took pity and gave race 3 in 2017-18 and sajid nadiadwala gave him houseful 4 

than srk gave class of 83 in 2019 and prakash jha gave him ashram 

rest is history 

you really think from 2005 to 2017 bobby never asked anyone give me work, he would have but no one gave him thats all 

all this happen bec bobby gave an interview in a magazine or online that he has no work and interview went viral (like neena gupta asked work in online)  

further bobby deol memes too helped him become famous again and hence he got job again. If not for fb and twitter i doubt bobby would make a come back again 

PardesiBabu thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Sunny said Bobby’s films Badal/Bichoo matched collections with Kaho na pyar hai in north India but media never wrote about it. True ? 

KNPH k time Phir bhi dil hai hindustani aur Mela ki koi baat nahi kar rahe the yeh Bichoo ya Babloo ki kon baat karega smiley36

Edited by PardesiBabu - 4 months ago
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: PardesiBabu

KNPH k time Phir bhi dil hai hindustani aur Mela ki koi baat nahi kar rahe the yeh Bichoo ya Babloo ki kon baat karega smiley36

i can say badal and bichoo was houseful or 80% full bec i went to watch 3 of these movies in theater  almost a month later after release and audience had come to watch badal and bichoo after a month too of release 

even baji roa had audience house full 80% after a month of release so was padmavaat 

but mela was empty in 3rd week only 

Those times movies ran 3 to 6 months in theatre so ppl could go late and watch after a month and usually kids and family went later only to watch movies not in first few weeks

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: myviewprem

you really think from 2005 to 2017 bobby never asked anyone give me work, he would have but no one gave him thats all 

he wasn’t out of work 2005/2017. Only 2014-2016 and 2003 he had no release 

myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

he wasn’t out of work 2005/2017. Only 2014-2016 and 2003 he had no release 

that was only ocassional movies mostly his family like apne or yamla pagla deewana otherwise he was jobless only