Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

As far as I know SRK didn't hide that he had (still has?) a temper which mellowed a lot during the years (also thanks to Gauri and the kids) - but I think he still is strict when people don't do the work they are paid for. However, he can be also very generous (and patient) when he feels that the work is taken serious. And well, I don't think that he shed all of his quite personal timing smiley36

Scolding Rani smiley2 yes, I can imagine that smiley36(but he's also scolding male co-stars smiley36)...the way he does it makes me think that he would have been a teacher if not thrived as an actor...

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

As far as I know SRK didn't hide that he had (still has?) a temper which mellowed a lot during the years (also thanks to Gauri and the kids) - but I think he still is strict when people don't do the work they are paid for. However, he can be also very generous (and patient) when he feels that the work is taken serious. And well, I don't think that he shed all of his quite personal timing smiley36

Scolding Rani smiley2 yes, I can imagine that smiley36(but he's also scolding male co-stars smiley36)...the way he does it makes me think that he would have been a teacher if not thrived as an actor...

Yes, I'm not holding it against him, merely noting that his real personality and not his public one is not very cheery, which isn't a bad thing. When Rani said he would scold her, she never said it in a way that implied she was upset with him or calling him out. She seemed to find it endearing that he cared enough to scold her on her acting. I've never heard any of his co-stars, especially not the female ones, complain about him. I think people see he is passionate about his work and serious when it's time to be serious.

My father has met him when he visited America once and met with fans, around the late 90s/early 2000s, and it was noted even then that SRK seemed very aloof with fans like this was not his comfort level. Which to be fair wasn't just true about him but also others who were there like Kajol apparently who was not considered friendly.

Family friends met Aishwarya when she visited the US around this time and apparently she was more gracious than Kajol who seemed somewhat put off.

Clochette thumbnail

My own experiences/observations with SRK and his fans mainly happened in Europe (London, Paris, Rotterdam, Berlin) and there is a perceptible difference between the different situations.

Indeed, he would be quite "aloof" when shooting or doing a stage show but much more attentive (close by) when it's a premiere or at his hotel or a meet & greet or after shooting/a show.

In Mumbai, the fan encounters are more like facing a mass - from above or from the stage or arranged meetings/photo shootings.

Edit: Imo, he is endearingly reclusive (when not 'at work').

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

My own experiences/observations with SRK and his fans mainly happened in Europe (London, Paris, Rotterdam, Berlin) and there is a perceptible difference between the different situations.

Indeed, he would be quite "aloof" when shooting or doing a stage show but much more attentive (close by) when it's a premiere or at his hotel or a meet & greet or after shooting/a show.

In Mumbai, the fan encounters are more like facing a mass - from above or from the stage or arranged meetings/photo shootings.

Edit: Imo, he is endearingly reclusive (when not 'at work').

In this situation, it was a meet and greet at a mall. It was still early in his career (like I said late 90s/early 2000s) so that may also have been a factor. 

I've seen recent videos of him from the last few years during fan meets and he's way more cheerful and pepped up. So I commend him for defying his nature to make the effort to do so. I have another family friend who paid to meet him at a dinner (I can't even imagine how much money they spent). There's a picture of her daughter wrapped around SRK and sobbing in tears while he tries to console her as best he can. So I don't blame him for any attitude that may come out lol if this is the typical reaction to meeting him. Although I probably would not be able to compose myself either especially in a one-on-one meeting.

Clochette thumbnail

The first time that I experienced SRK and/with his fans (multiple times) was in Berlin in 2008 (OSO time) and it truly was a treat to watch (and I felt it also was special for him)...