Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

rani looks pretty here but I stopped being a fan of rani after that roundtable when she talk about the metoo. She is so privileged that she does not know a woman can learn self defense but still can lose a fight against a molester. Glad deepika was there at that previous roundtable who spoke up and said not everyone is built the same. Which I agree with, not everyone has that kind of strength. dp has her own flaws and bad choice in men but she did a good job defending that moment. But anyways don't feel like watching this new roundtable but maybe I'll do another time. I like watching KWK because of karan, he is a funny character. 

Edited by Terenaina - 6 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Bekind

I haven't watched the video yet nor plan too..who has 2 hours?smiley36

But why bring Iranian cinema all of sudden? Is it because one of their music was in movie Animal? Karan johar is such a people pleaser. I would agree with Rani. Why not appreciate indian cinema? So many amazing movies are being produced in India, why does he not give a shoutout to them? So Glad Rani spoke her mind, she is not a people pleaser. Go Rani!!smiley20

Prithvi was talking about how he always encourages people to watch Iranian cinema because you can learn a lot about cinematography and different methods of filmmaking from Iranian films. This launched Rani on a jingoistic diatribe because she took his words to somehow demean Indian cinema as if appreciating films from a different country becomes an insult to your own home country's films.

And as others pointed out in the comments, for someone who went on and on about how India has the best films in the world, end of discussion, she could not even pronounce Kannada cinema correctly. She called it Kannad cinema even though a previous roundtable made very clear that it is called Kannada cinema. She was being dragged online for being this ignorant and arrogant.

And everyone in the roundtable represented different parts of Indian cinema (which was the point Rani was trying to make before she lost all credibility by being unable to pronounce these regional film industries). Prithvi simply said that he does not care for Karan's types of films. All Indian films are thankfully not all like Karan's films and this is coming from a fan of his films. One Indian filmmaker saying they aren't a fan of his films doesn't mean he is demeaning all of Indian cinema. Only Rani took it this way.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Only Rani took it this way.

why did she ? 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Terenaina

rani looks pretty here but I stopped being a fan of rani after that roundtable when she talk about the metoo. She is so privileged that she does not know a woman can learn self defense but still can lose a fight against a molester. Glad deepika was there at that previous roundtable who spoke up and said not everyone is built the same. Which I agree with, not everyone has that kind of strength. dp has her own flaws and bad choice in men but she did a good job defending that moment. But anyways don't feel like watching this new roundtable but maybe I'll do another time. I like watching KWK because of karan, he is a funny character. 

Yes, that interview shocked me and I saw the real Rani for the first time when she went on and on, rudely interrupting everyone and talking over people, about how you cannot force people to change how they parent their sons. Only to then launch into the topic on how you need to tell women to change their behavior and make young girls learn self-defense. So why is it that women and girls can be changed but the boys and young men who become predators and rapists cannot be told to change? 

The most absurd part was when she was making karate chop sounds and practicing while others were talking. She really thinks that having played in Mardaani that she's some great fighter now and could beat up any goons who came after her. Rani needs to remember that she can only do that on a film set and in real life, if she was ever in that situation which she herself admits she has never been in, she would be as helpless as anyone else. Yet she has the gall to shame other women. Deepika as usual gets hate on here but she was one of the few to call Rani out and say that not all women (or even men for that matter since this could apply to them too) are physically built that way that they can fend off multiple attackers. 

Karan actually has some very good moments in this roundtable discussion. Even the comments from his haters are saying that when he wants to be, he can be very sensible and he comes across as very articulate and passionate. Meanwhile, Rani is just nodding along to everything he says, repeating yes over and over like she is getting paid by the word.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Like I said in a prior post, I think she was already miffed that Prithvi more or less said he would not hire her in a film of his and then said he didn't like Karan's types of films. Which of course often feature Rani and KANK had been a big part of the discussion.

Terenaina thumbnail

karan can be a mean b but he does it in a funny entertaining way on his show, he makes fun of himself too. rani is very entitled spoiled brat

Originally posted by: pathaka

She’s become so irritating these days with her “in my days …I was thrown into the sea and asked to swim…todays actors have it so easy” 

Even if it is true, that can’t be literally the only thing she brings to the table 

She was thrown into the sea at 17 and asked to mouth dialogues like chillaaaaa matt chudail, meri kadh bhale hi paanch foot ki hai lekin meri zubaan dus feet ki hain. Cut her some slack, will ya 

Terenaina thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I love her as an actress and she's my childhood favorite and also shares my Zodiac sign. But anytime I watch her in interviews now, I find her very grating and pompous. She's more likable onscreen playing other people than she is offscreen playing herself. 

That being said, the round table does establish that she is the only actress to have her own franchise and keep audiences interested in her theatrically.

me too. like rani as an actress but her personality has put me off since that previous roundtable, she is obnoxious. If you compare rani's looks to her competitions back in the days, other actresses were much more beautiful than rani in my opinion. priyanka, aish, kareena, amisha patel, tabu and preity and etc, was much more beautiful than rani. rani is average looking if we compare her to those actresses. 

Edited by Terenaina - 6 months ago
VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I guess I’m the only one who enjoys Rani nowadays ? I find it refreshing. Also it’s sad Ash isn’t on these round tables considering she gave 2 hits recently and a good performance 

I don't think Aish will do roundtables but I wish she did I think she can drag a few of her contemporaries rather well LOL. 

VimalPanMasala thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bekind

I haven't watched the video yet nor plan too..who has 2 hours?smiley36

But why bring Iranian cinema all of sudden? Is it because one of their music was in movie Animal? Karan johar is such a people pleaser. I would agree with Rani. Why not appreciate indian cinema? So many amazing movies are being produced in India, why does he not give a shoutout to them? So Glad Rani spoke her mind, she is not a people pleaser. Go Rani!!smiley20

Prithvi is inspired a lot from Iranian cinema (and it's true you can see the influence in his work).  Indian Cinema is huge and many places are influenced by it, but in this case Prithvi was actualy giving credit to where he gets his ideas from. Why should he lie?