Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 months ago

Ngl, I enjoyed Armaan's torment whilst the Poddars were discussing their failings...it reminded me of Bridgerton S2, when Anthony tells Kate that his family is on the brink of ruin but all he can think about is her. (I really hope you've seen that, if not, pls do!)

Again, Vidya's acceptance of Abhira comes from a selfish place, she wants her son to be happy but doesn't realise how bad it was for Abhira here, so I don't really like her character as of now.

It was kind of cute to see Armaan realising his love and his cousins hoarding him like that...but I REALLY want them to lose Abhira forever. She deserves so much more, she deserves a family who wants her for herself, not because they feel their son/cousin/brother is sad and she's a toy that'll make him happy again, you know what I mean?

I'm already picturising a tall and handsome lawyer who's Abhira's colleague and they're always fighting with each other...and then they are also falling in love at the same time...and doing so much more. What can I say, open endings make me go crazy. 

I really hope you update with a new chapter!

Loved this!

takiya thumbnail

Originally posted by: PenguinBaby

Ngl, I enjoyed Armaan's torment whilst the Poddars were discussing their failings...it reminded me of Bridgerton S2, when Anthony tells Kate that his family is on the brink of ruin but all he can think about is her. (I really hope you've seen that, if not, pls do!)

Again, Vidya's acceptance of Abhira comes from a selfish place, she wants her son to be happy but doesn't realise how bad it was for Abhira here, so I don't really like her character as of now.

It was kind of cute to see Armaan realising his love and his cousins hoarding him like that...but I REALLY want them to lose Abhira forever. She deserves so much more, she deserves a family who wants her for herself, not because they feel their son/cousin/brother is sad and she's a toy that'll make him happy again, you know what I mean?

I'm already picturising a tall and handsome lawyer who's Abhira's colleague and they're always fighting with each other...and then they are also falling in love at the same time...and doing so much more. What can I say, open endings make me go crazy. 

I really hope you update with a new chapter!

Loved this!

Wow, oh Wow, you hit all the right points here. I really wanted my readers to remark on Vidya's behavior. Thank you for noticing and picking on it. I wrote her character deliberately as such. You see from Armaan's POV, she comes across as someone so selfless, but for the same act she is not really that selfless from outsider's view, in this case Abhira, as you so rightly pointed out. As a writer, I am so happy my point came across as I intended it. No one is really all good or all bad, it's just perspective that shows. Armaan needs to understand that at some point.

So what happens when that love fades? Do you just throw that person out of your life. That is why, there should not be compromise where love is involved. Either go all in or just don't. What Vidya hopes to do is compromise for the sake of Armaan's love, but when (not if) that love is gone, what then? is the real question here. Makes you think, doesn't it. 

Yeah and what good are cousins, if not for that. They just have to poke their nose where it does not belong. Nine times out ten, it's almost always welcome in the end. They are your support group after all. 

Picturing Abhira's dream guy - Count me in. I am with you on it. 

Trust me when I say, I used to hate open endings. But hear me out, it's better that way. Because this leaves room for so many possibilities and speculations and just makes it so much more exciting and fun. Look at it like that, maybe that will change your stance on it. And I hate to say but I am a lousy love story writer. I am more into drama and angst. Evidenced by the wrath I brought down on the Poddar family's precious law firm. 

Sadly I haven't watched Bridgerton yet, but it's definitely on my watch-list. I have this weird thing going on where, when something is particularly hyped, I tend to delay it even more. But the scene you described is my go-to sort of romance. It is such a lovesick thing to do. So yes, when the hype dies down, I guess.

Thank you for loving it and leaving this amazing comment which I read over and over. I am overjoyed with the response. It is so much fun to discuss the thought process behind building a character and their complexities and subtly recognizing it. 

Again, thank you for the love. <3

PenguinBaby thumbnail

Originally posted by: takiya

Wow, oh Wow, you hit all the right points here. I really wanted my readers to remark on Vidya's behavior. Thank you for noticing and picking on it. I wrote her character deliberately as such. You see from Armaan's POV, she comes across as someone so selfless, but for the same act she is not really that selfless from outsider's view, in this case Abhira, as you so rightly pointed out. As a writer, I am so happy my point came across as I intended it. No one is really all good or all bad, it's just perspective that shows. Armaan needs to understand that at some point.

So what happens when that love fades? Do you just throw that person out of your life. That is why, there should not be compromise where love is involved. Either go all in or just don't. What Vidya hopes to do is compromise for the sake of Armaan's love, but when (not if) that love is gone, what then? is the real question here. Makes you think, doesn't it. 

Yeah and what good are cousins, if not for that. They just have to poke their nose where it does not belong. Nine times out ten, it's almost always welcome in the end. They are your support group after all. 

Trust me when I say, I used to hate open endings. But hear me out, it's better that way. Because this leaves room for so many possibilities and speculations and just makes it so much more exciting and fun. Look at it like that, maybe that will change your stance on it. And I hate to say but I am a lousy love story writer. I am more into drama and angst. Evidenced by the wrath I brought down on the Poddar family's precious law firm. 

Sadly I haven't watched Bridgerton yet, but it's definitely on my watch-list. I have this weird thing going on where, when something is particularly hyped, I tend to delay it even more. But the scene you described is my go-to sort of romance. It is such a lovesick thing to do. So yes, when the hype dies down, I guess.

Thank you for loving it and leaving this amazing comment which I read over and over. I am overjoyed with the response. It is so much fun to discuss the thought process behind building a character and their complexities and subtly recognizing it. 

PenguinBaby thumbnail

Originally posted by: takiya

IF is doing something weird by deleting my response all together?

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed my response. As a writer, I tend to nitpick even the shortest dialogues while trying to find the meaning behind them all, symbolism does it for me I guess! After all, that's the fun of creating characters, is it not? Glad I was able to catch your nuances for Vidya.😁

Oh I am all in for open endings as a reader (as a writer, I'm more inclined towards ending chapters with cliffhangers), it leaves much for imagination!🤫 

Now now, if you love angst, season 2 of Bridgerton is for you. It is pure angst suffering from lovesickness, you said perfectly.❤️

Also, I'll be more than happy to continue this Bridgerton conversation in the DMs lol (secretly hoping you Binge Watch it asap and we talk about it)😂

takiya thumbnail

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed my response. As a writer, I tend to nitpick even the shortest dialogues while trying to find the meaning behind them all, symbolism does it for me I guess! After all, that's the fun of creating characters, is it not? Glad I was able to catch your nuances for Vidya.😁

Oh I am all in for open endings as a reader (as a writer, I'm more inclined towards ending chapters with cliffhangers), it leaves much for imagination!🤫 

Now now, if you love angst, season 2 of Bridgerton is for you. It is pure angst suffering from lovesickness, you said perfectly.❤️

Also, I'll be more than happy to continue this Bridgerton conversation in the DMs lol (secretly hoping you Binge Watch it asap and we talk about it)😂

No wonder, IF really needs to come up with better user interface. 

From how you read between the lines, I should have known you to be a writer. I am glad to have across you on this forum. And it is fun indeed to play around with the characters and their complexities. 

Cliffhangers - they are the sole reason, why I would rather wait for the whole thing to end and only then read/watch it. Though, I am sure they are worth the excitement they bring in. It's just not for me. I can't stand the waiting time that comes with it. I am the kind of girl who finishes the book in one sitting. It's overkill, I know. Can't help it. *cries with neck pain*

To share something you love with someone else, I consider it an honor. Now openly hoping, I get over my weird thingy, to finally watch and discuss that show with you, If that offer stands open even after an eternity. 

Neeharika thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Neeharika thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

U write so well...i will be delighted if u continue this as a series....u can take time to write it ofc...but i will be glad if u wrote about the moment when Armaan witnesses her after six months ....how he gets mesmerized by her and her skills in the court...then u can either make them start afresh with friendship or uk introduce a better ML .your choice...

Don't be offended just giving some ideas...I am not good in writing I feel but my mind pops random plotss .uk😅

Thank you for this amazing part tho!

Hope u continue this 

Amazing write up❤️❤️

chandugimsy thumbnail

Awesome story the way you portrayed abhira leaving and armaan realising  his love for her…it’s too good….and it’s very good than the track going on…please continue and have a happy new year 

takiya thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neeharika

U write so well...i will be delighted if u continue this as a series....u can take time to write it ofc...but i will be glad if u wrote about the moment when Armaan witnesses her after six months ....how he gets mesmerized by her and her skills in the court...then u can either make them start afresh with friendship or uk introduce a better ML .your choice...

Don't be offended just giving some ideas...I am not good in writing I feel but my mind pops random plotss .uk😅

Thank you for this amazing part tho!

Hope u continue this 

Oh sweetheart, I am never offended by people sharing their suggestions or ideas. Frankly that helps to jump-start my brain into creative writing if I am stuck at some point. So thank you for ideas. 

Anyways, writing is a skill. Anyone can acquire it with enough practice. But what you have is a creative mind flowing with amazing ideas. That's your talent. And that is hard to come by. So Kudos to you.

Thank you for appreciating for my writing and sharing this wonderful feedback. <3