Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: Silpa20

I checked Shilpa 's filmography found out that baazigar and main Khiladi tu anari were her only hit movies in 90s so she did better in 2000s?

I love quick internet searches
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: diasingh2

The reason Shilpa gets flack from the audience despite being so fit at this age because people are sexist. Trust me, no surgeries can give you the stamina, the figure and the overall grace that Shilpa has today .... without any hardwork on fitness and diet. If Shilpa was a man, then you would have never heard the end of it from the audience because men are applauded and defended even for doing the bare minimum.

And god forbid, if Shilpa's surgeries did not work well, then people would have called her names. And if she did not do any surgeries, then people would have grilled for her having "bad features". Whether you do it right, do it wrong....or not do it....you are damned either way. That is the curse of being a woman in film Industry, and in India in general. Had Shilpa been in Hollywood, she would have achieved far more than what she achieved here, precisely based on her looks only.

And yes, if she had been from the film industry, she would have managed to survive for a long time like Kareena.

In a way she did have a long career. For a 1993 debutante, she was still doing lead roles as late as 2007, and she always had 1 good film every 2-3 years in her 14-15 years of career. She unfortunately never reached a "peak" because of tough competition.

And even post that, she never went into oblivion ... thanks to her successful stint on TV. But the thing is that she is overexposed on TV now, so her comebacks also not look like comebacks to the new generation, because they see her practically every few months on some TV show.

Regarding Apne 2, I last heard that Shilpa had date issues with Apne 2 and therefore could not shoot, but since the film is delayed and still in production.... I hope the heroines are retained in the film.

Bhaiyaji Superhit was a messy film, and did not have the nostalgia factor that Gadar 2 had or Apne 2 has. So, not sure if it would have worked well in 2023, but Apne 2 (if done right) definitely has high chances.

Yes, good point. Salman, Akshay, Hrithik, Bobby, etc. are always praised for keeping themselves fit and in shape for the movie screens. I never hear anyone applaud Shilpa for keeping herself so fit and looking well.

Definitely agree that actresses get attacked for not improving themselves but the ones who do are then attacked for resorting to getting work done. If they age, they are attacked for looking older. If they are aging gracefully, then they are still attacked for not acting their age. Basically every actress has fit into one or more of these categories at some point in her career.

I agree that Shilpa's career actually had a lot of longevity considering she debuted in the early 90s. Actresses who reached higher peaks than her have had shorter careers so one could argue that Shilpa was better off in the long run, especially with her latest comeback.

If you live abroad, it's not as much a problem for these stars to be overexposed since you aren't watching them on TV everyday so I think that's helped me with Shilpa at least.

Hopefully the production delay in Apne 2 will allow her to return then. As I've said before, it always bothers me when we get sequels but they only bother to bring the male leads back but consider the heroine interchangeable for a fresher face.

I agree, Bhaiyaji Superhit was not really a very good film and not even super funny. I think it would have done better had it come out today just because Sunny Deol has more goodwill now from the audience. When the film came out, I wasn't even aware of its existence until years later. I think the original Apne was also quite a hit so I imagine the sequel will also do well.

1262543 thumbnail

Surprise to see Shilpa has a fan.

1262543 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Yes, good point. Salman, Akshay, Hrithik, Bobby, etc. are always praised for keeping themselves fit and in shape for the movie screens. I never hear anyone applaud Shilpa for keeping herself so fit and looking well.

Definitely agree that actresses get attacked for not improving themselves but the ones who do are then attacked for resorting to getting work done. If they age, they are attacked for looking older. If they are aging gracefully, then they are still attacked for not acting their age. Basically every actress has fit into one or more of these categories at some point in her career.

I agree that Shilpa's career actually had a lot of longevity considering she debuted in the early 90s. Actresses who reached higher peaks than her have had shorter careers so one could argue that Shilpa was better off in the long run, especially with her latest comeback.

If you live abroad, it's not as much a problem for these stars to be overexposed since you aren't watching them on TV everyday so I think that's helped me with Shilpa at least.

Hopefully the production delay in Apne 2 will allow her to return then. As I've said before, it always bothers me when we get sequels but they only bother to bring the male leads back but consider the heroine interchangeable for a fresher face.

I agree, Bhaiyaji Superhit was not really a very good film and not even super funny. I think it would have done better had it come out today just because Sunny Deol has more goodwill now from the audience. When the film came out, I wasn't even aware of its existence until years later. I think the original Apne was also quite a hit so I imagine the sequel will also do well.

Shilpa did lots of surgeries but those actors didn’t do surgery. That’s why no one praises Shilpa.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Looks like you've got a troll on this thread.

I find it funny that people live in the bubble that only heroines get old and do surgeries. while heroes have found some fountain of youth.smiley39

From SRK, Aamir to Rajkumar Rao..... so many actors have done botox and surgieries, but that will never make headlines. On-screen, Khans, Akshay etc use heavy VFX to make their face look young smiley39and romance girls that could be their granddaughters age.... but that will never be made fun of.

And people would still have had a point, if Shilpa's surgeries had gone wrong but she actually looks terrific, despite the surgeries. LMAO, who is even denying that she has had surgeries. Yes she did surgery, so what?smiley36 She has been doing yoga and aerobics as well, but wo koi nahi bolegasmiley36.smiley39

And this has nothing to do with Shilpa. Every woman goes through this in their life.

The sexism in our society disgusts me.