Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

No one is shaming anyone ๐Ÿ˜‚ relax 

is it spelled relax or relaxxxxxxx

MaxMayfield thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

There are many such men and they are amazing, but you're right they get shit on a LOT! Often get told they are weak for not "controlling" the wife.

my husband is one of them..I'm lucky to have a found a supportive partner in every way..but I have seen him face the repercussions from the so called society for being nice...and hence this alpha male image glorification is something I will never ever endorse..a movie is not just a movie in a country as emotional and vulnerable as ours..cinema influences people..and idk who Animal supporters are kidding...like RK for all you want..he deserves the praise he is getting for his performance..but stop endorsing bullshit Vanga ...and justifying that a movie is just a movie...just because it is a huge success..NOPE not at all.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I don't think people understand or they deliberately don't want to understand why some section viewers against Animal or to be more precise Vanga's brand of cinema. We have all seen violent movies with blood, gore, and action. There are even Indian movies that have bloodshed more than Animal. I don't know how many have watched Asuran here but it has a LOT of violence (Dhanush won national award for this movie btw), but the violence is contextual. It's a movie documenting the life of a farmer who rises against the oppressive high caste man. It's a dalit's story rooted in decades long bloodshed. This is just one example. So violence in movies is not the problem here. The problem is that Vanga uses violence for shock and as a means to mask his lack of plot and poor writing. The dialouges in his movies are always, always shit. The violence looks gratuitous because it's not rooted in the story. His character motivations are never explained. 

Same is the case with the misogyny in his movies. It's this targeted abuse and violence he lets his female characters go through in his movies by the opposite s*x. Its either that the women is being protected by the male lead (he's her light in shining armour) or she's being viciously abused or trolled by the male lead. Either way the male lead comes on top looking like the "alpha". It's not limited to Animal alone. It's a pattern. The violence against men is celebratory (shooting guns, use of axe, throwing punches) and with women characters, it's demeaning, dehumanising, and degrading (lick my shoe, slapping when vulnerable, physically hurting intentionally even when the women is begging not to). What's more, he doesn't let these fictional characters remain fictional. He adopts the same tone IRL (hitting equals love, calling RK "the person", "not the actor" alpha, deliberately putting degrading scenes to piss off critics). When you always see women characters in his movies be mute spectators to all the bad things that the male lead does, you gotta ask what is wrong with his storytelling. He makes women second-class citizens in his movies. They are either there for s*x, abuse, or getting married and I honestly do not think he's ever gonna stop portraying women like that. Sure, it's art and he has the right to make whatever movies he wants. But really was the violence and the misogyny rooted in the story? Was it even required in the first place? These are questions everyone can debate over. If he has right to make these movies, then we have the right to criticise his movies. But Vanga seems to bothered even by that. His movie has made 500cr but he goes to the States and trivializes Indian audience. That man is still butthurt.   

Certain men collectively lost their shit and asked for banning Barbie because they perceived it as men hating. It's honestly a movie for kids and has positive messaging for every section, including men. But they turn around and want women to pretend that targeted dehumanising in every movie of a certain director shouldn't be frowned upon. So yeah, don't draw false equivalences that those questioning this movie are doing so because they can't stand violence. No, it's the intention behind it that we are questioning. It's foolish to think that someone on a movie forum wouldn't have watched violent movies ever. 

This is probably the last thing I'm gonna write on this movie because I can only spare so many braincells on this.  

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Do you know the ground reality then? Do you really see everything happening all at once in India to be like nobody is going to start beating up & raping women because of Animal? Are you God?

Often the ones who talk about ground reality are the ones most divorced from common life. It's also an indication that they are NRIs who like throwing the word around. smiley36

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Bhai.. Congress aur corruption ki baat nikli hai toh dur tak jayegi.. 

Make way Jawaan fans.. Dhiraj Sahu, a congress production is winning 2023 hgoty 

https://x.com/newsarenaindia/status/1733893310253793286?s=46&t=Q96IWrDq2C9bhu2B8fjITg

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Jess we are in a. different forum now smiley36

wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Jess we are in a. different forum now smiley36

lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ok but the view is the same. But why we here ? Is other section vanga lovers. Oh because itโ€™s gotten political. 

Edited by wat_up - 5 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ok but the view is the same. But why we here ? Is other section vanga lovers. Oh because itโ€™s gotten political. 

You stay here Iโ€™ll be in BwF smiley36

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Do you know the ground reality then? Do you really see everything happening all at once in India to be like nobody is going to start beating up & raping women because of Animal? Are you God?

Ofcourse I'm not God, but I do know that you haven't seen the film & neither have 80% of the "Most Outraged" people of this forum & beyond. The prototypical "Herd Mentality".

Neither Tripti nor Rashmika are weak women in the film. Tripti is a professional Mole & Rashmika is a Pro Manipulator & Gas-lighter who has full psychological control over RKs character. She's literally the puppet master. She tells the mentally ill protagonist with massive Daddy issues that I wish your Dad died, fully expecting the reaction she would get. 

While we're at it, neither was Preeti. She dumped Kabir, was fully ready to marry the other guy but found out she was pregnant, left the family....kept the baby and was all set to raise it by herself while having enough self respect/ego to never go back to Kabir. Kabir on the other hand was trying his best to kill himself because a girl left him. Whose the weak character here?

Watch the film first, then spread propaganda.