Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Posted: 7 months ago

I love the novel, that's why I wanna know if this movie is worth watchingsmiley36

MochaQueen thumbnail

Love Legion

Ending kya hai movie ki?? Can you PM it to me🙈

I actually didn't like the professor parts n the novel

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

smiley24Is the movie actually called Jaane Jaan? I says Suspect X on Netflix 

mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

I haven’t read the book so I enjoyed it. 

All performances by Kareena, Jaideep and Vijay were so natural and effortless. But yes you feel more for the Teacher and he got the best scenes, really good job by him. 

Curious to know the end in the book now. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Loveeeeed It

Jaideep was just magical..what an actor..Vijay & Kareena brilliant.

I have to applaud kareena for doing this..you can see how raw and real she is through out..She owns those lines and it only adds to the depth of the character she plays..any actor with a bit of vanity would be scared to show off her face without anything and own it this well..kareena is so secure in her skin..it is so amazing and it makes her so desirable..She pulled off every scene with such natural ease and brilliance..what a treat to see her in this after some mindless 2 bits roles she was doing years ago..

Sujoy never disappoints..I loved kahani and I loved this one too..i love how he makes you fall in love with the place he shows in his movies..first kolkata in kahani now here the entire set up he has created makes you feel like you have been to this place

I enjoyed it..

4/5 stars

Edited by cougarTown - 7 months ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: priya185

If you compare it to the book then the story is almost the same apart from the ending

In the book you like the female character more but in the film you will like thr math teacher’s character more 

I prefer the ending in the book

interesting, tell me book ending!

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Originally posted by: mz.gigglez

interesting, tell me book ending!

book ending spoiler 

Yukawa (karan) is ultimately able to figure out his scheme and cannot accept his friend's sacrifice, and so he tells Yasuko (maya) the truth. She is deeply moved and despite Ishigami's (Naren) instructions to move forward, is unable to live with the guilt. The book ends with her meeting Ishigami in jail, revealing that she and Misato have confessed to killing Togashi (ajit) and are determined to serve their sentence together with him, leaving him in tears.

[Post Removed]

you2 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: priya185

book ending spoiler 

Yukawa (karan) is ultimately able to figure out his scheme and cannot accept his friend's sacrifice, and so he tells Yasuko (maya) the truth. She is deeply moved and despite Ishigami's (Naren) instructions to move forward, is unable to live with the guilt. The book ends with her meeting Ishigami in jail, revealing that she and Misato have confessed to killing Togashi (ajit) and are determined to serve their sentence together with him, leaving him in tears.

Sujoy understood that the book was a love story..and he destroyed that. He robbed Kareena,of two scenes..the one where she got to know to what lengths  Naren went to protect her and the climax. Scene. Karan was left looking clueless after Naren confessed. He was always right about Maya..and in the book,was determined to find the body. Sujoy didn't do justice to his role either. Sujoy made the mother daughter somehow untouched by it all..except the fear of getting caught. I fast forwarded.. so not sure,if her attempted suicide was shown. Imagine the trauma of witnessing her parents lthat night and the cops chasing them..and her own part in the murder.

The body was the most important part of Drishyam. Here people want to know where the body was. The book explains it.

The book is really a heart breaking tragedy. Three lives ruined. None of these characters ever had a chance of happiness.

Sujoy ..what was he thinking? Drishyam was a film about  a man protecting his family. Suspect X was about devotion,love,sacrifice. 

I am very disappointed with Sujoy . I watched Badla in the theater and enjoyed it. Those who watched the Spanish original,thought otherwise..

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Finished.. I liked it!