Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

Chalo. Thank god. Inke fielding ka kuch karo Warna World Cup mei jaldi hi dukaan band karna pdega πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

That was a below par fielding. No flexibility at all.

Cheers.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Highest opening partnerships for India in Asia Cup (ODIs)

210 - Rohit Sharma & Shikhar Dhawan vs PAK, Dubai, 2018

161 - Sachin Tendulkar & Manoj Prabhakar vs SL, Sharjah, 1995

147* - Rohit Sharma & Shubman Gill vs Nepal, Pallekele, 2023

127 - Virender Sehwag & Gautam Gambhir vs Hong Kong, Karachi, 2008

SoniRita thumbnail

India

The rain tried its best to play spoilsport again but we did get a game thanks to the groundstaff. The second innings was reduced to 23 overs and the revised target for India was 145. Rohit and Gill had already scored 17 from 2.1 overs when rain interrupted the chase and once play resumed, the pair took their time and then unleashed. Rohit saw off the pacers Karan and Komi and then took a liking towards the spinners. He got to his fifty off just 39 balls while Gill got to his off 47. It was a nice outing for the duo as they chased the target with 17 balls to spare. Nepal tried their best but India's superiority was just too much to handle for them. Stick around for the presentations..

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Highest opening partnerships for India in Asia Cup (ODIs)

210 - Rohit Sharma & Shikhar Dhawan vs PAK, Dubai, 2018

161 - Sachin Tendulkar & Manoj Prabhakar vs SL, Sharjah, 1995

127 - Virender Sehwag & Gautam Gambhir vs Hong Kong, Karachi, 2008

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Highest opening partnerships for India in 10-wicket wins (ODIs)

201* - Virender Sehwag & Gautam Gambhir vs NZ, Hamilton, 2009

197* - Sachin Tendulkar & Sourav Ganguly vs ZIM, Sharjah, 1998

192* - Shikhar Dhawan & Shubman Gill vs ZIM, Harare, 2022

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma | Player of the Match: Not really, some nerves to start with but once I got my eye in wanted to get the team home. That was not intentional, I wanted to chip it over square leg but the bats these days are so good. When we came here we knew what our WC 15 is going to be like, the Asia Cup was not going to give us a picture because it was only two games. But luckily we got to bat in the first game and bowl in this game, that made it a complete game for us. Stil have a lot to work on. Lot of guys coming back from injuries and they need time to get back into the groove. Hardik and Ishan was very good in the last game to get us to that score. The bowling was okay but the fielding was bad, we need to improve on that.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Shubman Gill: Quite disappointed with the way I got out day before yesterday. It was important for me to finish the game along with Rohit bhai and we did that. He (Rohit) is the kind of player who likes to take the bowlers on aerial. I am the kind of player who likes to hit more boundaries than aerial. That combination works quite well for us. (On Nepal's bowling) They bowled very well with the new ball, they challenged us. We knew once the ball gets wet, it'll get easier for the batsmen. That's what the talk was in the dressing room.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most sixes in an Asia Cup innings for India (ODIs)

7 - Sourav Ganguly vs Bangladesh, Dhaka, 2000

6 - MS Dhoni vs Hong Kong, Karachi, 2008

5 - Suresh Raina vs Hong Kong, Karachi, 2008

5 - Virender Sehwag vs Pakistan, Karachi, 2008

5 - Rohit Sharma vs Nepal, Pallekele, 2023

Prizi thumbnail

India

Arnab: "We dodged a bullet there in the Pakistan match. A sub par total batting first and then a wet ball in the 2nd innings...this ind vs nep match is a good example..."

Prizi thumbnail

India

Rohit wanted to see what his bowlers had to offer when he opted to bowl and would not be satisfied with what he saw. But these games are being played to iron out the flaws before the World Cup and India have few more of them before the big tournament. Nepal should be proud of the way they played their games against two of the strongest teams in world cricket. They will take away a lot of learnings and experience from these games. That's all from this game. We have Sri Lanka v Afghanistan coming tomorrow.