The Story of ITV Shows !

Sigee thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Let's begin from the beginning!

Most of the ITV show's promos and posters before launch seem to be an out of the world piece of creativity and the first few episodes also seem to be in tune with the storyline indicated through the promos, but what happens after a hundred episodes in the shows is a total disaster!

They just want a story to replace a current story which is underperforming, so they create a story in a hurry without any future and then after the first few episodes, the story loses its essence and the storyline gets stagnated heading nowhere. Now the ready-made recipe of saas bahu dramas, introduction of new unrelated enemies, cameo roles and third angles enter the picture! The new entrants have to face a lot of hatred, criticism and negativity just to make the show progress nowhere and just when they start getting a positive response, love and attention from the audience, the leads get sidelined, receive hatred and backlash from the new audience. Then the show keeps testing the audience with the mixed and confused story-lines and in last suddenly decides to either remove the antagonist or cameo or third angle or replace the lead with the cameo or third angle.

Now the removal also be so sudden without any proper closure! Either way, the makers waste the potentials of the actors, characters and the story. If nothing works out, then the GENERATION LEAP comes in through the death of the current leads and the cycle continues!

The makers and writers forget the fact that a television series should be made with a long term vision and not just for the heat of the moment. Spending 30 mins on a show totally investing our emotional self in its story everyday is not a joke! Television shows are supposed to serve the audiences aka viewers and not just revolve around TRPs! TRPs are a vital part of TV shows, but it is not the whole thing about it! The makers and the channel just want their shows to over perform within a few days.

They don't consider that the audiences take time to move on from the previous character or story to get involved in the present scenario,but instead the Public Relation Department and the Social Media start their duty by promoting, gossiping and encouraging shipping and fan wars both in positive and negative ways. Shipping is not totally bad, but the way it affects the actors' personal life is the worst. The actors are name-called, slandered and hated for unknown reasons. An actor who is just portraying a character from a script will be judged in all that he/she does by people who don't even know a little about them.Now again they have to undergo this nonsense for the sake of the show's performance!

The funniest thing is that the makers destroy everything they made with their own scripts like the character arc, storyline, potentials and finally the audience!

This is not it! Television is a medium through which people get awareness about various things and such a medium should be cared with utmost care. The young and teens who see TV shows take them so seriously and get involved at a very deeper level,unable to differentiate between onscreen and off-screen life, so it's a must that they aren't misled. Here again ITV fails! The youngsters are made to believe that love is all about intense chemistry and romance, setting aside the factors like red flags, toxicity,etc. The way they portray the importance of marriage, love and pregnancy is an utter shame to our society! The antagonists make fun of these customs because their role in itself is negative and the protagonists make fun of them in the name of protecting their family and loved ones! Like is it even needed?! And what does the viewers seek and learn from it?!

And why should a female always be the selfless, caring and flawless in most of the ITV shows? Aren't women too human beings for god sake? The way feminism is portrayed itself is an irony! Even fictional women deserve the respect and space that they are entitled too.

Progressive mindset is a NIL factor in ITV shows. The concepts of second chance at love, moving on, career growth of the female lead, single mother and strong and independent women are just experimented recklessly! The times have changed so should our mindsets too!

The above said claims are just for some of the ITV shows and not all the shows. There are a few shows which work out of this cycle with a progressive mindset, but those shows under-perform than the cliche shows! They deserve more than what they are given!

So to conclude, just romance, festivals, separations, angst, crying, twists and turns are not the lifeline of a TV show. After a hectic day the people need to gain some comfort and peace through these shows and hence peace, happiness, positivity, comfort and some logic are also very essential to run a TV show on a long run!

WE NEED THE INDIAN SOAPS AND SHOWS TO SET AN EXAMPLE OF A PROGRESSIVE AND FUTURISTIC SOCIETY UPHOLDING THE CULTURE AND TRADITION OF INDIA AND NOT JUST REPEAT THE SAME CLICHES!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7

Good post.

I agree. Indian daily soaps need to improve with times. But the sad truth is that audience provide TRPs to those long running shows, and ignore the new concept ones, which makes channels and producers copy the same old plots and cliches. None want to take the risk and lose money .

Sigee thumbnail

Exactly! 

Waiting for the progressive storylines atleast in 2040s

awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sigee

Exactly! 

Waiting for the progressive storylines atleast in 2040s

This is very far away.😆

Twinklestar139 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 3

The problem isn't entirely the content running on tv currently. There is definitely audience for that otherwise no one would put their money into these shows if the audience isn't watching them and giving them TRPs. The problem is that there aren't very many options for different types of audiences and no one is willing to take the risk to experiment with new storylines and genres just because majority of the audience isn't ready for it. There is so much greed involved that no producer wants to put their money in a concept that they know won't give them the TRPs which is just harsh reality. Daily soaps are never going to go away no matter what we say, but someone needs to put their foot forward to start a new format with finite series that actually has some substance. I don't see the ITV scene changing any time in the coming years though but here's hoping for better content at some point down the line. 

Edited by Twinklestar139 - 9 months ago
Sigee thumbnail

Originally posted by: Twinklestar139

The problem isn't entirely the content running on tv currently. There is definitely audience for that otherwise no one would put their money into these shows if the audience isn't watching them and giving them TRPs. The problem is that there aren't very many options for different types of audiences and no one is willing to take the risk to experiment with new storylines and genres just because majority of the audience isn't ready for it. There is so much greed involved that no producer wants to put their money in a concept that they know won't give them the TRPs which is just harsh reality. Daily soaps are never going to go away no matter what we say, but someone needs to put their foot forward to start a new format with finite series that actually has some substance. I don't see the ITV scene changing any time in the coming years though but here's hoping for better content at some point down the line. 

Exactly...It's just the trends that are upgraded and not people's mindset....Hoping for the change in ITV and it's viewers.....

Sigee thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

This is very far away.😆

Yet I am doubtful that it will change!🤔

awida thumbnail

I can't blame TRP aunties for watching the same repeated content.. after a long tiring day I doubt there'll be any brains left for watching new stuff. No offence. Me as a 50+ age woman find it easier to go through the same route again and again.😆 What I can't understand is how can they watch the depressing tracks : separations , second marriages , death of leads and generation leaps.  I can't watch a show for more than a year as the story becomes very different , and not interesting after a point of time .🤔

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Big Example is WTHA It Started Out Great By showing 3 brothers bond and chiru's love story with sayuri And KriSa nok jhok After They Killed Off Chiru KriSa got married which is ok and slowly falling in love that's good but when they made Anjali a villain i stopped watching after her track Ended they introduce many villains and they made Rashmi villain and bringing stupid characters like vikrant and chaman I got to know through news articles about WTHA despite stopped watching in July all fault is Mr Rajan Shahi he ruined WTHA he even did same with YRHPK by bringing unnecessary leap and they ruined Abir's long hair, mishti's makeover is ok but for abir it was an undeserving makeover so sad shaheer took a bad scripts I'm glad he's on break and after that he should take a sab tv show in future

awida thumbnail
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: anikamathur

Big Example is WTHA It Started Out Great By showing 3 brothers bond and chiru's love story with sayuri And KriSa nok jhok After They Killed Off Chiru KriSa got married which is ok and slowly falling in love that's good but when they made Anjali a villain i stopped watching after her track Ended they introduce many villains and they made Rashmi villain and bringing stupid characters like vikrant and chaman I got to know through news articles about WTHA despite stopped watching in July all fault is Mr Rajan Shahi he ruined WTHA he even did same with YRHPK by bringing unnecessary leap and they ruined Abir's long hair, mishti's makeover is ok but for abir it was an undeserving makeover so sad shaheer took a bad scripts I'm glad he's on break and after that he should take a sab tv show in future

I am not a fan of Shaheer. Yes. He is good-looking . But I don't find him an extra ordinary actor.

I watched few episodes of WTHA . It is dubbed in Arabic. 

YRHPK was a fav for my family and neighbors .. It was good .