Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 years ago

13:55 Local Time, 17:55 GMT, 23:25 IST: Live visuals show the floodlights on and dark clouds in the background. The Indians sit around in a group and chit-chat. As do the West Indies team who are in their training kit. Jadeja joking around and sipping on what looks like Orange juice. So that's the latest.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

1.40pm Well well well. The covers are back on because a massive cloud has made its way towards the ground. Hasn't yet started raining, but the ground staff have never been wrong their pre-emptive covering of the ground.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

"One of my friend canceled his Caribbean trip from US because of rainy season this time of the year. What's baffling for me is why is there cricket planned during this time when this weather forecast is a general knowledge?!! " Shrey, do you have any other window in the calendar? If you do, quite a few boards and the ICC will like to have a word with you.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

1.45pm The floodlights are on. It is extremely dark even though it is not raining. This is a massive cloud, but it hasn't yet started dumping on the ground. Let's hope it passes without much damage.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Shaik: "We have to appreciate the Ground staff as well, who are very under-rated IMO. They do all they can to get us CRICKET. Appreciate today's ground staff, as they have been pretty proactive in gauging the clouds and rain. Unlike, other grounds where play couldn't happen even hours or days after rain stopped(2016 at the same ground I guess)."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

"There's a flock of birds that fly in a circular pattern when the rain is approaching, and once they get lower, the rain arrives. That's how the ground staff get these precautionary calls right more often than not."

SoniRita thumbnail

India

"So, rain comes to save the top 2 test sides away from home. " Jan, you're telling me.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

2pm Not much to report. Still raining.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

2.15pm It has stopped raining. The ground staff will soon get back to work.