Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 years ago

Ishan Kishan: Was really special. I knew what the team needed from me. Everyone backed me. Virat backed me and told me go and play your game. Let's hope we will finish the game tomorrow. It was Virat bhai who took the initiative and told that I should go in. There was a slow left-armer who was bowling. It was a good call for the team. Sometimes you need to take these calls. We had the plan that we will play 10-12 overs after the rain break and score 70-80 runs. We wanted a 370-380 target. I was at NCA before this. Pant was also there. He knows how I play. We have known each other since under-19 days. I also wanted someone to advise me and luckily he was there to tell me something about my bat positioning. There are so many senior players who keep talking to the bowlers. It should be a good game tomorrow. We need to hit the right areas and important to get early wickets. It was one of my dream to get into the whites. I just wanted to go in and hit every ball. Mostly thankful to my parents who have always supported me.

Savera84 thumbnail

Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Siraj Shine As West Indies Struggle On Rain-Hit Day 4West Indies scored 76 for 2 at stumps on day four while chasing 365 for a win in the second Test against India in Port of Spain.

India gave themselves the best chance to win the second Test against the West Indies with an ultra-aggressive batting approach after lead pacer Mohammed Siraj produced career-best figures on another rain-hit day in Port of Spain. Siraj's five-wicket haul in the morning session allowed India to bowl out the West Indies for 255 in their first innings after the hosts started day four at 229 for five. Having gained a massive 183-run first innings lead, India went for an all-out attack in the second innings to smash 181 for two in 24 overs before declaring 35 minutes after the tea break to set the home team a 365-run target.

Prizi thumbnail

India

Most Test wickets for India vs West Indies

89 - Kapil Dev

75 - Ravichandran Ashwin

74 - Anil Kumble

68 - Srinivas Venkataraghavan

65 - Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

Prizi thumbnail

India

Highest team innings run-rate in Tests (min. 20 overs)

7.54 - 181/2 d - IND vs WI, Port of Spain, 2023

7.53 - 241/2d- AUS vs PAK, Sydney, 2017

7.36 - 264/7d - ENG vs PAK, Rawalpindi, 2022

6.82 - 173/6 - WI vs IND, Kingston, 1983

6.80 - 340/3d -SA vs ZIM, Cape Town, 2005

*where data available

Prizi thumbnail

India

Highest strike-rate in a Test innings for India (min. 50 runs)

161.81 - Kapil Dev vs ENG, Lordโ€™s, 1982

161.29 - Rishabh Pant vs SL, Bengaluru, 2022

158.33 - Shardul Thakur vs ENG, The Oval, 2021

152.94 - Ishan Kishan vs WI, Port of Spain, 2023

145.94 - Harbhajan Singh vs ENG, Trent Bridge, 2002

*where data available

Prizi thumbnail

India

Designated wicketkeepers with highest strike-rates in an innings

172.88 - 102*(59) - Adam Gilchrist (AUS) vs ENG, Perth, 2006/07

161.29 - 50(31) - Rishabh Pant (IND) vs SL, Bengaluru, 2022

152.94 - 52*(34) - Ishan Kishan (IND) vs WI, Port of Spain, 2023

145.23 - 61(42) - Ian Smith (NZ) vs PAK, Faisalabad, 1990

145.23 - 61 (42) - Matt Prior (ENG) vs AUS, Lordโ€™s, 2009

*where data available, min. 50 runs

Prizi thumbnail

India

India bowlers with most wickets in international cricket

956 - Anil Kumble

712 - Ravichandran Ashwin

711 - Harbhajan Singh

687 - Kapil Dev

610 - Zaheer Khan

*includes wickets taken for Asia XI

Prizi thumbnail

India

Chasing a stiff target, West Indies got off to a steady start with Brathwaite looking busy against the pacers. It was Ashwin who provided the breakthrough by scalping the WI skipper for the second time in the match and then he trapped McKenzie lbw in his following over. Chanderpaul and Blackwood ensured no further setbacks until stumps and added 32 runs in the process. Right then, this is the equation for the final day - 289 runs vs 8 wickets! India will fancy their chances as Ashwin looked in good touch and extracted more off the deck when compared to the first essay. Batting might get tougher on the final day; can WI dig in or get close to the target? Will the weather stay clear? Tune in tomorrow - early start at 09:30 Local Time (19:00 IST) to find that out...

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IND 438 & 181/2 d

WI 255 & 76/2 (32)

CRR: 2.38

Day 4: Stumps - West Indies need 289 runs

It should be a good game today. We need to hit the right areas and get early wickets. It was one of my dreams to get into the Whites. I just wanted to go in and hit every ball. I am mostly thankful to my parents, who have always supported me-- said Ishan

Chasing a stiff target, the West Indies got off to a steady start, with Brathwaite looking busy against the pacers. It was Ashwin who provided the breakthrough by scalping the WI skipper for the second time in the match, and then he trapped McKenzie lbw in his following over. Chanderpaul and Blackwood ensured no further setbacks until stumps and added 32 runs in the process. Right then, this is the equation for the final day - 289 runs vs 8 wickets! India will fancy their chances, as Ashwin looked in good touch and extracted more from the deck when compared to the first essay. Batting might get tougher on the final day; c

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

I expect a positive result today.

Our bowlers are doing an excellent job.

Batters did their work, now it is bowlers turn.