Fichain #4: [Start date 18 July 2023] - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NoeticLife thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Special Contribution) 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 months ago

I love detective stories. I wanna watch a little before I claim a segment par agar Neha ke baad koi nahi aaya, toh sign me up.

And do tag me in this one! 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoeticLife

I love detective stories. I wanna watch a little before I claim a segment par agar Neha ke baad koi nahi aaya, toh sign me up.

And do tag me in this one! 

Put you after neha for seg 3

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Segment #2

Darshan felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Fiza was calling him. He walked upto her and helped Ishaan up on his feet.

Fiza looked confused at his sudden arrival. "Teleportation much?"

"I have The Anywhere Door, Doraemon gave me." Darshan said nonchalantly. 

"Did my mom send you here to spy on me?"

"Nah, I'm here to my friend."

"Friend?" 

Ishaan faints as Darshan holds him steady and takes them out of the club. 

Darshan brings over his car and helps Ishaan get in. Fiza joins them. Darshan uses the first aid box to tie the bleeding arm of Ishaan after inspecting the wound. 

He drives towards his home. 

"You really didn't come because my mom-" Fiza asked again. 

"I said I was here to meet a friend. You know I only work for money. You think your mom would pay me to spy on you? No chance."

"Where are we going?" 

"My place. Tell your mom to pick you up." 

"I will go on my own."

"Not at this hour." Darshan sighed and looked over at Ishaan, who was unconscious. 

Darshan carried Ishaan inside his house. He checked the wound again and sewed it shut. The bullet had moved past his skin. He sprinkled some water on Ishaan's face. He opened his eyes groggily. 

Darshan gave him a painkiller and let him rest. He looked at Fiza. "How long have you known him?" 

"A few weeks." 

"So, someone tried to hurt him purposefully or he was just in the way?"

"You're the detective, go find it out."

"I am trying to."

"Well, I don't know. We were having drinks and this random guy crashed into the one beside me and then another one pulled out a gun." 

"So he was in the way." Darshan tried to recall the moment. He hadn't seen anything.

"I think. Not sure though." 

"Do you remember anything about those two men?" 

Fiza looked at him with a blank face.

"I mean, could you recognise them?" 

"Not sure. I didn't see them properly and the light wasn't enough either."

Nushrat knocked on the door and walked in as Darshan opened it. She hugged Fiza. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes mom, I'm alive. Thank you."

"Tone down that attitude, I'm your mother."

"That doesn't mean you send a spy behind me."

"I didn't send him. Why would I waste my money on something so trivial?" 

"Whatever, shall we go home? I'm sleepy." 

Nushrat glared at her daughter. She left after glancing at Ishaan and Darshan. 'Not in the mood for another unpaid task.' She thought.

(⁠ʘ⁠ᴗ⁠ʘ⁠✿⁠)

(⁠◠⁠‿⁠・⁠)⁠—⁠☆

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Great update, Neha. Check the summary I posted on page 1 and lemme know if I missed something

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Great update, Neha. Check the summary I posted on page 1 and lemme know if I missed something

thank you! I really loved the prompt. Now the ball is in Noe's court. Let's see what she comes up with!

Summary is good 👍🏼

NoeticLife thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Write The Bite Contest (Special Contribution) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

thank you! I really loved the prompt. Now the ball is in Noe's court. Let's see what she comes up with!

Summary is good 👍🏼

Aise mat phrase karo. That's a lot of pressure. 

NoeticLife thumbnail

SEGMENT #3

Ishaan stared at the man. Blessed with dark hair, a good height and that "exotic" skin tone, he was undeniably... handsome. Oh well, it was probably a far cry to think he would be interested in men.

"Fiza said you were in the way", the man said. "And you accidentally got shot. Is that true?"

It wasn't. He wasn't a lucky person but even he couldn't have that bad of a luck, could he? He shrugged a little, wincing when pain flared up in his injured arm. "I guess, yeah", he lied. "What's your name?"

"Darshan", he replied.

"Ishaan", he introduced and he nodded. "It was nice to meet you but I should go, I guess. I don't want to intrude."

The man- Darshan- kept a strong hand to his chest, pushing him back down to the couch when he started to get up. "Rest", he said firmly. "It's not a lot of blood but too much of excitement now can make you faint. Again."

Too much protesting leads to suspicion. Ishaan laid back, closing his eyes. Call it exhaustion, call it the painkillers, but sleep came easy although not dreamless. A gun, a bar and the dark haired man featured in them.

-PAGE BREAK-

Darshan kept the plate in front of Ishaan, the next morning, sitting down and grabbing the sandwich from his plate. He couldn't ask why Ishaan was lying directly the last night, although he has his own suspicions.

But... all this did point to a much bigger thing happening. He stopped himself from fidgeting excitedly in his seat. He might be getting a big case to solve. Finally, a case that was more than just following a cheating scum.

"So", Darshan started. "How do you know Fiza?"

Ishaan shrugged with his uninjured arm. "Mutual friends", he dismissed vaguely.

He hummed, looking at him eat slightly. He grabbed the television, switching to the news. Ishaan looked up, watching in interest but Darshan watched him in turn. It was a news report of crime statistics. "It's startling, no? How much organized crime has started to rise?"

Ishaan looked at him. "Yeah", he said softly. "It really is."

"I am sure the police must have taken several steps to ensure our well being", Darshan continued. "But really, the best way to take them out is from inside. No?"

The other man studied him for a few moments. "How do you know?" He asked quietly.

"I am a mind reader", he said nonchalantly. "I have powers." He leaned back. "So, you are a undercover cop?"

"Yes", he said. "But you already knew that. Tell me, Darsh, how did you figure it out?" He narrowed his eyes. "Are you one of Simba's people?"

"Simba", Darshan repeated. He had never heard that name before. "No. I am a detective." Ishaan stared at him, still expectantly waiting. He sighed. "It's not that hard to figure out. You were lying when you agreed that you were just caught in the middle. Too many scars from bullet wounds on your arms when you were patching up. Oh, and there was this." He slid a folded paper to him. "That slipped out of your pocket."

He opened it. It was from his handler. 'A STICK IS GOING TO BE POKED INTO YOU.' His handler was a cartoon in himself but the sentences were random enough.

"It is easy to back trace", Darshan continued. "A stick going in represents the Voodoo Club. And you knew you were going to be attacked."

Ishaan sighed. "It was staged", he admitted. "The two men were cops. We were trying to take advantage of the panic that happened after the gunshot and we kind of did."

Darshan smiled. This was turning out to be great. Actual detective work. He needed some excitement in this boring life of his.

Following Fiza was turning out to be a great decision.

Edited by NoeticLife - 10 months ago
NoeticLife thumbnail

This is the first time I have written something like this toh sorry agar kuchh gadhbadh ho gayi. 😕

Also, shayad thoda zyaada badha ho gaya. Bhaavanon mein beh gayi.

I wasn't sure who to tag so I tagged everyone Neha did. 🤣

Edited by NoeticLife - 10 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoeticLife

This is the first time I have written something like this toh sorry agar kuchh gadhbadh ho gayi. 😕

Also, shayad thoda zyaada badha ho gaya. Bhaavanon mein beh gayi.

I wasn't sure who to tag so I tagged everyone Neha did. 🤣

This is getting intriguing, so the whole thing was a setup and the handler was at the bar too. What's the handler's deal.

Ishaan too being a cop makes me so happy, coz I have a massive crush on Ishwak post his stint in Pataal Lok which was why I wanted to write a character based on him in the first place.

What was the mission? Aah, so many questions!

That being said, m not really sure I got everything right, so I feel you should summarise your segment. Just quote my post on page where I have posted summaries of both previous parts and type it in as a reply and I'll edit in later.

Superb stuff❤️❤️❤️

NoeticLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: oh_nakhrewaali

Segment #1:

-Darshan works for Nushrat at her PI firm.

-He goes to a gay bar to keep an eye on Fiza, Nushrat's daughter and develops a crush on Fiza's friend, Ishaan

-He witnesses drug smuggling and there is a gunshot at the bar, injuring Ishaan

Segment #2:

-Fiza and Darshan take Ishaan to Darshan's home where Darshan tends to Ishaan's wound.

-Fiza and her mom bicker about Nushrat asking Darshan to spy on her

-Fiza doesn't know much about the shooter, except that two men got into a fight and Ishaan was shot by mistake

Segment #3

-Darshan asks if Ishaan thinks it was all coincidence and he agrees but is lying.

-Ishaan wants to leave but Darshan keeps him there, telling him to rest.

-The next morning, after Darshan implies he knows the truth, Ishaan has to come clean that he is an undercover cop and Darshan, in turn, tells him how he figured it out.

-The whole incident was staged in hopes of achieving an underlying cause which was partially successful.

-Ishaan mentions a man called 'Simba' who he initially thinks is who Darshan is working for but Darshan refuses, having no idea who he is talking about.

I think that has all the important points. Main khud bhool gayi kya likha tha. Padh padhkar summary likhi. 🤣 Par kuchh reh gaya ho toh feel free to add, ofc.