Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Posted: 8 months ago
Sorry mera brain function band ho gaya hai  smiley18. Dunno what to write.  

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 8 months ago

Great update Nehasmiley27

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Posted: 7 months ago

Segment # 9

"Wait, that's the guy who's helping us?" Kesha's jaw dropped as she stared at the well-built and extremely good-looking man serving drinks at the counter at Casablanca.

Ames grinned. "Jeh often has that effect on women. And gay men."

Kesha sighed. "He's hot."

"You wanna hit that?"

"I would if I could, but ... " Kesha stopped, wondering how much she should reveal. 

Ames continued to sip her Bloody Mary, hiding her expression of disappointment. "Jeh is a good sort. I've known him for a while. I can talk to him for you if you want." 

"Uh..," Kesha began awkwardly. "Why don't you date him?" 

She stared at Jeh again and back at Ames. They would make beautiful babies.

Ames snorted. "I do need to get laid but not Jeh. Not while being a bonafide member of Kingdom Lesbos. Species: Lesbia."

Kesha's eyes rounded, and then she blurted out. "Then how come I've never seen you on Tindr?"

It was Ames' turn to gape. "Wait, you're on Tindr?"

Kesha laughed pointing her index finger at her chest. "Gayer than a Unicorn f*rting rainbow sprinkles!"

Ames grinned. "I had an inkling you might be at first. But then I saw you with that Inspector guy and thought there was something between you."

"Raghav? Nah. He's a pain in the a**, but a good friend." Kesha took a sip of her Virgin mojito.  

"That guy looks like a player. He ever hit on you?" 

Kesha laughed.

"He's one of the few people that know about me. And Maria of course. I told my family a while ago, and my parents didn't take it well, Bro is good with it, but he isn't here so.." Kesha shrugged. "You?"

"Mom knows and is supportive."

"And dad?"

"Dead." Ames' response was curt.

"I'm sorry. No siblings?"

"No." Again the answer was terse and Kesha wondered if she was intruding.

"Uhmm why did you insist on talking to only me the other day?"

"You know Maria. Besides that Raghav guy looked shady af!"

Kesha laughed. "Wait till I tell him there's at least one woman who won't fall prey to his charms!"

Ames drummed her fingers on the table.

"Plus I had a feeling you'd want to get the person who did this to Maria. As bad as I do." 

The same thought occurred to both of them as they stared at each other.

"Maria," breathed Kesha.

"That bit*h!" muttered Ames.

"She was setting us up, wasn't she?" laughed Kesha with another sip of her drink. 

They both froze at the realization and the air between them grew heavy. 

"I..uh...", began Kesha fumbling with her phone, drawing her gaze away from Ames' intense look. That unsettling feeling was constant when she was around Ames. She felt like she was being tossed around in a roller coaster, but didn't want the ride to stop.

"Hey lovely ladies! Sorry to keep you waiting!"

Jeh approached them with a good-natured grin. "Refill?"

Ames looked at Kesha who shook her head. "Nah we're good. What do you have?"

"There were a few people that night who stopped by without an invite as guests of someone else, we had the doorman record all the names, and only one guy came as Maria's guest."

Kesha leaned forward eagerly. "So she invited him?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. But he turned up and asked to see her. The doorman let him in and wrote his name down as her guest."

They peered at the thick register Jeh held, glancing at the entry under the date of the party. "TJ Brar. Is that his address & phone number?"

Jeh shrugged. "That's the one he gave. Could be fake."

"It is," Kesha groaned looking up from her phone where she had Googled it.

"I'm calling that number." The phone rang but there was no answer.

"Damn. Can we speak to the doorman?"

"It was 6 months ago, babe. Tariq doesn't work here anymore. But we could talk more over a drink maybe?" Jeh looked at Kesha suggestively, flashing her a grin, his dimples flashing in all their glory and Ames felt her temper flaring. Whoa! Why was she feeling territorial about someone she barely knew?

"Uhh.. wrong tree," said Kesha as Jeh's face fell. 

"It was worth a shot."

Kesha's phone rang.

"Raghav." 

"I've just arrived at the site for a DoA. Victim is in his 30s, male. Was found at Lions Park, reported by a passerby. He looks like he's asleep. No wounds anywhere on his body."

Shit. The same MO as Jonny and dozens of others before him. Another one. Kesha waited. She sensed Raghav had something more to say.

"His phone was found in his pocket and I just looked at the last number that called him.." 

There was a long pause.

"It was yours, Kesha." 

——————————

I realise this is a bit choppy but was the best I could do. smiley18

Also realize I didn’t do anything with K forgetting something & the whole Angina thing. Perhaps she forgot her meeting with A at Casablanca? Perhaps it was something else. You’re free to retcon it smiley9

Edited by LizzieBennet - 7 months ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 7 months ago

I have really started getting confused and mixing up Shibu's and Neha's fichains in my brain now.smiley19

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Dialogue Dynamos

Posted: 5 months ago

I have a draft marinating, will post it soonish

MochaQueen thumbnail

Plot Pundits

Posted: 5 months ago

I forgot this story toosmiley37