Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: imshveta

Arpita,

You have my respect girl. 👏This is a very strong story, which actually highlights so many social issues in its own way.

It is not easy to write a story where the main leads have their actions questioned by readers at every step. 😊

In Khushi, you have written a character who is perhaps weak while facing the society or her people but strong in so many other ways, a woman who is total grace.

In Arnav you have written a character that has multitude of flaws such that with whatever facts we have right now, we have passed judgements on him , beaten him left, right and centre with our words and condemned him for his wrong choices and infidelity.

NOT ONCE HAVE YOU THROWN ANY TANTRUM. You have let us all have our individual opinions with all honesty and not gone miles to defend him or her.

This speaks a lot about your commitment to your characters and the story telling, and your confidence in us readers. Trust me, when I say this, not all writers have the same grace.

You have let your readers be an active part of this journey (which I am sure still has miles to go) taking in all the strong opinions.

Hats off to you....

Thank you Shveta 😍😍

Yeah the social issues come only as a part of the story. They’re never my main intention. My main focus is to let out the story of these two people I had in my head.

I get what you’re saying. I began this story with the ending set in my head so that helps in my temperament greatly. I definitely get emotional and overwhelmed. But it’s a flawed story of imperfect people. It’s bound to make a lot of people uncomfortable. Maybe with the choices the characters made or with the general storyline itself. I’m taking it all as a part of the experience :)

But as I said repeatedly and even in the previous comment; the ending is done. I have written it already. So that I have a goal to work towards. I have already accepted that not everyone is going to be onboard with it. So it’s a mini challenge for myself to see if people find that the story was worth their time, even if the end wasn’t everything they wanted :)

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Thank you Shveta 😍😍

Yeah the social issues come only as a part of the story. They’re never my main intention. My main focus is to let out the story of these two people I had in my head.

I get what you’re saying. I began this story with the ending set in my head so that helps in my temperament greatly. I definitely get emotional and overwhelmed. But it’s a flawed story of imperfect people. It’s bound to make a lot of people uncomfortable. Maybe with the choices the characters made or with the general storyline itself. I’m taking it all as a part of the experience :)

But as I said repeatedly and even in the previous comment; the ending is done. I have written it already. So that I have a goal to work towards. I have already accepted that not everyone is going to be onboard with it. So it’s a mini challenge for myself to see if people find that the story was worth their time, even if the end wasn’t everything they wanted :)

When people with different opinions share their views on a topic, with arguments and counter arguments they grow in their own thought process. Not everything can be according to us, but still we might gain perspective from it.

At the end of the day, its your story and your characters.

I, for one, am looking forward to the rest of the journey.

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Learrntowrite

Hi Appy/arpita/veiled words

Idk what to call you. You used to be our Appy Di. But love the new username too.

Before I go on a very lengthy rant about this ff just like so many of your other poor, helpless readers, I need to introduce myself. Hi I’m Isha. remember me from your SH Fanfic days? We once sent your OS as gift to parsh? Our little SH group was happy you were active again 😚

I wanna say to everyone who’s been affected by this FF, I was there nine years ago, and she was still making me dance to her tunes and words. I will come to resurgence later , but I have so much to say Appy Di. So many years worth of messages for you. I tried reaching on wattpad so many times.

I read one of your comments in this thread . How dare you call your old FFs cringe di? We used to live for those stories. I’m sure the comments were nowhere as close to what resurgence is doing, but in case you’ve forgotten, please scroll back to your scrapbook all the way or revisit the old pages. People were still writing PARAGRAPHS for you in comments.

I understand that you’ve grown as a writer and you felt your first stories were not up to the mark but Appy Di you always had this talent. Your writing is more beautiful now, but your storytelling was marvellous even back then. You were and still are the most famous FF writer SH community has ever seen. There’s not a single fan I know who hasn’t read love is in the air.

You nailed the enemies to lovers trope. Perfect heartbreak before a much needed happily ever after. That is still the one ff we talk about when we revisit SH days. I was heartbroken when I realized just now that it was gone. I’m pretty sure it was available till quite some time at least on wattpad because I have read it 100 times.

And even I am forgetting things, but when you posted the OS ‘forever’, that was my first introduction to this tragic kind of a fanfic. I started darmiyaan just now. It evoked the same feelings in me as forever. I don’t remember the other OS names but I know I had read and enjoyed them just as much. Idk why you discontinued TML because you had me hooked within 2 chapters. I was looking forward for a fantasy romance series. 😣

And don’t even get me started on DCT. People, you think she’s making you cry with resurgence? DCT had us on the ground with pain. Here she started the first chapter with infidelity. There She started the FF with heroine gone and no chance of repenting for hero. And like idiots, we were still breaking our hearts in hopes that it gets better. Spoiler alert - it didn’t. I’m still angry about DCT btw 💔

Alright, that is nine years worth of love hate relationships with your ff. Coming to resurgence now.

Do you want me to die of a heartbreak?Why would you do this to me? Back then I used to dream for my favourite writer to join ARHI fandom. Years later you fulfil my wish and then send me into a deep dark pit?

I’ve cried so much for this Khushi, and then you make me cry when Arnav started weeping in front of their old house too? I’m so conflicted that I am losing my mind. I literally have a headache with all the crying since the whole day. I don’t think I had dry eyes in a single chapter since Khushi’s interlude. There is this constant dread.

I have so much anxiety in my heart. Of this FF’s end breaking my heart more than the whole story somehow. I know your love for troublesome endings, and the direction this story and your comments have headed to, I have no hope for a happy end. DCT’s last chapter has scarred me. I went through the whole fic thinking you will bring our heroine back. Even if you give me hope in this story, I will not let my heart dream of a happy ending unless I read the epilogue. At this moment, I’m just afraid of all possible endings my mind can imagine.

This is your best work till date arpita di, have no doubts about it. It’s so hauntingly beautiful in a way that I can’t describe. It’s near impossible to put down once you start.

The characters are as real to me as they could be on a screen. I’ve been hooked on it and I finished all the chapters in one go. I’m not even exaggerating. I was reading this obsessively after years. I read up general chapters and ended up making an account for members only chapters. This story is that addictive and heartbreaking at the same time.

And after this, pleaseeee reconsider uploading your old ones. Rewrite them if you want to work on the language. At least love is in the air. That fic introduced me to the world of fanfics. It’s always going to be extra special. I still remember choking with tears with the whole coma and letter confession scene when I read it for the first time. I see glimpses of both your stories in here. The love note from love is in the air, the snippets of past and future from DCT. the complexity and beauty of an ordinary looking relationship. And if you’re ever feeling generous, please revisit TML too.

Thank you for blessing us with your writing once more Appy Di. Dreading yet dying for the next chapter! 😭

Just please please please don’t ever leave this ff in between. This time it’ll be too much to bear 😭

This is such a beautiful note.❤

So basically your appy di was always this tragedy loving queen who made and makes her readers bawl in pain even as a teenager. Habits hardly change, right arpita?😉

Thank you for talking about the endings of the other stories, now I am prepared for the worst.

Anyways, welcome to this madness with us, looking forward to your inputs.

Pujakrishna thumbnail

Thank you Shveta 😍😍

Also the AMOUNT OF PATIENCE that you are showing arpita with this utmost grace. Take a bow. 🙌❤

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Thanks sooo much for responding di 😇

I went back to few older chapters (because I can’t get enough of this trust me) and I am bowled away by how different the chapters feel once you know a twist. How have you done this di 😮

There are direct hints and then there are such subtle ones. For example in the chapter where Arnav is dropping Khushi and bua ji to the station. There Khushi once wonders if he is as sad in letting her go as she was. But then her mind shuts her down and says

‘He knows what he was doing’

And then when she turns her phone on in Umanagar and dreads/hopes that there would be a phone call from Arnav. There she thinks ‘even if there was a call. She wasn’t going to answer it’

How subtly yet powerfully these two lines changed for me when I realized Khushi knew about the adultery. Oh god. I can’t wait for you to reveal more in the story. Just so I could go back and read interaction of these people once again to see just how it shifts the whole narrative. You’re playing here on a whole other level 😧

Edited by Learrntowrite - 1 years ago
Pujakrishna thumbnail

Also guys, i have crossed a new milestone today..i feel like sharing.

So now i have even started dreaming about this story.🙂

Last night i have dreamt twice. It can't get crazier than this.

UNBELIEVABLE.

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pujakrishna

This is such a beautiful note.❤

So basically your appy di was always this tragedy loving queen who made and makes her readers bawl in pain even as a teenager. Habits hardly change, right arpita?😉

Thank you for talking about the endings of the other stories, now I am prepared for the worst.

Anyways, welcome to this madness with us, looking forward to your inputs.

that was a shock to us too. Her first story was a happy college romance. With a lot of twist but love is in the air had a happy end. DCT never got it’s proper end but just the fact that she was really gone and they couldn’t be together broke me. Resurgence is doing it so much worse. DCT at least had happy chapters😣
Pujakrishna thumbnail

Originally posted by: Learrntowrite

that was a shock to us too. Her first story was a happy college romance. With a lot of twist but love is in the air had a happy end. DCT never got it’s proper end but just the fact that she was really gone and they couldn’t be together broke me. Resurgence is doing it so much worse. DCT at least had happy chapters😣

Now imagine taking this torture from the very 1st chapter, sice last two months!

I will be jealous of every other reader who will find this story after the end or after the suspense revelation.

Not cribbing, we had a great time in the comment section.

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Pujakrishna

Also guys, i have crossed a new milestone today..i feel like sharing.

So now i have even started dreaming about this story.🙂

Last night i have dreamt twice. It can't get crazier than this.

UNBELIEVABLE.

do share with us puja!!! Maybe I’ll get inspired for a plot line 😊
Pujakrishna thumbnail

do share with us puja!!! Maybe I’ll get inspired for a plot line 😊

What will i get in return? Do i exclusively get to know the end in advance? 😉 🤣