Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Take your time Appy di. New accounts aren’t allowed to make a lot of comments In a day and I was saving for the chapter comments. But do take care. We’re here.

Mamree82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Take your time dear,we wil wait

Mrieshka thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

Hi Shyami,

I think this conversation is in Chapter 4: 2nd January 2016. This is right after divorce.

And then the other one I quoted in an earlier comment is just before he decides to go get Khushi. Like Arpita pointed out, there is a stark difference in Arnav’s demeanor between these two conversations.

But even with that difference, I think even the pardon-my-language “asshole-Arnav” did not arrive at this decision lightly. I think it is easy to think he found another woman and left Khushi when it is not that simple. Arnav has always maintained that a relationship with Lavanya was not on the cards. His divorce has got nothing to do with Lavanya. I think on some level he genuinely believed he was doing Khushi a disservice by not giving her a child, or by not keeping her happy. And what more, he himself was not happy with the loneliness and all the distance….

He cheated in his marriage and thats a sin. Yes. He betrayed Khushi on the most basic level. But just for kicks, imagine the time period where he has not cheated on Khushi yet. During that period, if thoughts of divorce occur in his head, is it really wrong? Lots of people grow apart and separate. Is it wrong for him to think that he deserves to be happy? I think if cheating was not involved, it would be easier to view what Arnav was going through as well.

But cheating was involved, and I think every decision he took after he indulged in cheating was colored by and a direct consequence of his guilt.!

Anyhow, I think even I am stepping out for the day. The real world beckons! :D

Hey—

You-know-who.

First thing which cane to my mind after reading your unique comment was that

“Why do I feel I know you.”

I just read all your comments and pov. First thing which comes to my mind is that are you therapist/ psychiatrist or psychologist. Even though I absolutely hate infidelity and how Arnav dealt with khushi one sidedly, I enjoyed reading your version of his thoughts and logic behind it and I am very sure that our Dear Author is doing that as seems to have dropped numerous subtle hints in various chapters. I agree that khushi and Arnav knows each other best and Arnav was always decision maker in their marriage and same way he took this decision of divorce. Unfortunately the consequences are “making of this story “and we all hate this so called righteousness of Arnav. I am keeping my bias about infidelity and cheating aside right now.

Even though I am devastated for khushi and detest this current Arnav yet I do feel that you have written wonderful and unbiased perspective of both leads. Why Do I feel I gave interacted with you . Do I know you. Have you changed your IF name. Was your previous user name “pixieG”. I liked your uncanny thoughts about why and how this current situation happened between Arnav and Khushi.

Anyway it was lovely to read your wonderful comments. If you are not already, you can be wonderful story writer yourself.

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

You-know-who

I agree so much to mrieshka. Are you by any chance a writer too because let me tell you, the way you articulated all your comments has been absolutely amazing to read.

Your opening comment here was a masterpiece. I thought it was very smoothly written. It felt like Appy di has given these hints to us throughout the tale and we all felt the same way subconsciously. But you were able to articulate our feelings.

I loved the analogy of seeing Khushi from Arnav’s eyes. You are right. Not once does his finger point at Khushi. This Arnav confused me. Sometimes my heart feels he had absolutely butchered her trust and he never loved her. But then I read the chapters and I feel that cannot be true. Here is a small paragraph from Khushi’s hospital stay.

‘There were several instances, when he would open his mouth to say something, only to shake his head last minute and ask her about the pain in her leg instead. He listened to the doctors with rapt attention and followed their advice and instructions to the T. He would join her after office, sleeping on a bench outside as he sent her Amma home. Khushi knew he checked up on her several times at night, tucking her sheets around her properly as Khushi pretended to be asleep and not in pain. She felt his hand caress her face and hair, his lips pressed against her forehead, but he never said anything.’

I don’t know why. I straight up started crying while retreading this paragraph. Not only for Khushi who was in pain and hid it, but for Arnav too who was coming over to check on his wife several times a night. His whole confession when he brings her back from hospital is very emotional to me. Appy di did not even go into details of all those days and it still summarised his emotional pain to me. How he must have felt seeing Khushi in that state.

But most of all, present Arnav’s reaction to Khushi’s letter trumps me. He says to himself.

She choose you over a child. Be selfish.

It tells me he has come to terms with the fact that he wants Khushi back. I cannot wrap my mind around the fact that this Arnav hurt Khushi so much.

And this is why my heart is hurting so much. This Arnav is a mystery to me till now. But Khushi’s pain is something that is real and it breaks me. I may feel confused as to why Arnav did what he did, but I definitely want justice for Khushi who is honestly a devotee in Arnav’s love.

She had only broken down once. Arnav met her a couple of times after this divorce thing. His study and then penthouse. She was still polite to him. She had admitted her heartbreak as something permanent. She only lashed at him when Arnav tried to reach out and tell her things like he could not live without her.

I cringe listening to that not because I completely doubt Arnav(still waiting for today’s chapter) but because I cannot help but feel how it must have sounded to Khushi. A husband who she knows has cheated on her, ghosted her, telling her that he cannot live without her would sound so hollow. And this is coming from a man whose words she probably considered gospel.

All in all, my whole heart, my entire being is in agony because of this story and these two characters. Their pain is hurting me as if I am watching someone I know go through this gut wrenching time.

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mrieshka

Hey—

You-know-who.

First thing which cane to my mind after reading your unique comment was that

“Why do I feel I know you.”

I just read all your comments and pov. First thing which comes to my mind is that are you therapist/ psychiatrist or psychologist. Even though I absolutely hate infidelity and how Arnav dealt with khushi one sidedly, I enjoyed reading your version of his thoughts and logic behind it and I am very sure that our Dear Author is doing that as seems to have dropped numerous subtle hints in various chapters. I agree that khushi and Arnav knows each other best and Arnav was always decision maker in their marriage and same way he took this decision of divorce. Unfortunately the consequences are “making of this story “and we all hate this so called righteousness of Arnav. I am keeping my bias about infidelity and cheating aside right now.

Even though I am devastated for khushi and detest this current Arnav yet I do feel that you have written wonderful and unbiased perspective of both leads. Why Do I feel I gave interacted with you . Do I know you. Have you changed your IF name. Was your previous user name “pixieG”. I liked your uncanny thoughts about why and how this current situation happened between Arnav and Khushi.

Anyway it was lovely to read your wonderful comments. If you are not already, you can be wonderful story writer yourself.

I agree with you. You-know-how’s comments have completely blown me away. She articulates her thinking so well. I had the same thought as you 😊

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Mrieshka and Learrntowrite,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my comments and thoughts. I am glad you could resonate with some of my thoughts and my words helped you articulate your feelings.

As for the feeling of knowing me, sorry, you have me at a disadvantage! But it is really nice e-meeting you both here!

Your words are high praise and they mean a lot. Yes I used to write ages ago(most of which now I find cringe) but I do not write anymore. Life happened, I guess!

Also, I am not a psychologist, just deeply interested in human psychology :) I have learnt it the hard way that people are not bad or good. They make bad or good choices!

P.S. My username never has been pixieG but I guess I would like to definitely get to know this person if me and her are so alike :D

Thank you for your kind words, once again!

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hey Arpita,

Thank you for sharing an update. Please do not stress yourself over the update. We can wait as long as you are okay.

I am just a reader and still I get overwhelmed with emotions, so its understandable how emotionally taxing this must be for you.

Take your time!

Love,

Aashi

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

I agree. She doesn’t deserve to be lonely or depressed at all.

I know it’s fiction. But to say that Khushi can just go out and change things in her favour without any help would be highly unrealistic in my opinion. She has chosen to come back because she could not and does not want to walk out on her family who took the decision on her behalf. She absolutely did not want to come back, is angry and hurt by her parents action and did not talk to them, but listened to them anyway because she did not have an option. Her situation is not helping her shattered self respect at all.

I beg to differ… I totally get it Khushi has hit the rock bottom. Her self-respect has shattered realizing she has no where to go, but return to the man she loved unconditionally, trusted the most and he has hurt her in worst possible way!

Yet the last three months have put Khushi on fast track to learn lessons of life and act, she is already leading her life; was able to reject Shyam by herself and she was prepared to explain her decision to her parents. She was able to confront her mother about their hypocrite decision to send her back with Arnav and showed indifference.... She has shot down Arnav’s hollow claims and lies openly now. She has learned to speak up and call a spade a spade.

So, she is analyzing situations around her and acting on it much faster. Irrespective of his explanation about La or his changed attitude now, one thing is clear to her, he had moved on from her, prepared and applied for divorce and chose a different lifestylefor himself already… Khushi is angry and down, but would she want to lose her dignity too??

Fortunately she is back in Mumbai, where no one pokes into your business like her village and no Panchayat to answer to. She ran NGO for years, she has plenty of established resources to help women, children and she knows the pathway. Khushi has done this before, so nothing new that she needs Arnav’s help of all the people, ridiculous.. She can ask Aman, Payal to help her too.

She should practice what she preached to those ladies at NGO, “You are better off without the family that let you go”. There is no denying Arnav had let her go and she knows it too...

For months he acted as if she doesn't exist when she was in front of him in the same house, now Khushi should make sure she doesn't exist in his world!

In the past, she was able to convert their balcony, dump apt into beautiful space on her own and She was new in Mumbai and just 19 years old. She is simple person with basic needs, she can always find a small place to call her own, work and survive or even take up the penthouse and ask him to leave her alone… She really doesn’t need to stay with Arnav.. Isn’t that what she implied to run the façade and live their own separate lives?? She may never heal properly if she stays with him…

Don’t they say when there is a will, there is a way! Khushi is always been a positive and happy person by nature.. From childhood itself, Khushi isbold and adventurous.. She dared to walk away from Arnav initially allowing him to lead his life with Lavanya, then she deserves to find her own happiness too. She loves domesticity, so she deserves her own family and kids which is impossible with Arnav. And now infidelity will not allow her to trust or even breath in the same space he stands… Why she should pay for his sins, Arnav can bare all the angst all his life or move on is his choice…

Remember Khushi was ready to move on for her parents too, she just didn't like Shyam... then why can’t she move on for herself and her own happiness? Why we have two double standards for Arnav and Khushi?? Arnav moved on twice, but Khushi cannot, why? Khushi too in last 10 years has changed and become modern in her own way and definitely can survive, tough but not impossible! Nothing overnight but she must think to be independent and fulfil her long desired dreams one of them being experiencing pregnanycy and have a baby...

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago

Take your time Arpita. We always get long chapters and we always get a lot to analyse and lot to understand. One day or one week delay is not a big deal.

Take care!

Cheers..

SA_nimk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Yayyyy congratulations on new thread. I have yet to post comments on the last few chapters. Will do soon. Feel good