Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

An astute businessman taking life’s most important Decision based on assumptions??? Are you even serious??? Where did his logic, staying ahead and finding insights, accurately analyze the situation and then take the decisions go?? One must discuss properly with all involved parties giving them opportunity to represent themselves, isn’t it? Your other question or assumptions are already addressed by Arpita 😉😉

Have you heard of “diya tale andhera” or of marriage therapists being divorced themselves? It is easy to be *astute* and make the right decisions when it is not personal. Which is why a doctor never operates on family.

Also, there is no doubt that Khushi was not happy with him. But he thought that Khushi would never accept divorce because of her traditionalism which is also absolutely astute and true. The way he went about it may be wrong, but his intent was not. He thought he was giving her a chance to move on and be truly happy. And *maybe* he thought discussing with Khushi would just end up with Khushi compromising and he didn’t want that anymore. Also, like I mentioned, the biggest blind spot is always personal. He did not talk to Khushi because he never has. Its just that it was never a problem in the past.

Also, I am not sure which exact questions or assumptions have been answered, but I don’t think they have been answered by the story so far, so I will just hope these blanks will be filled in by the story :)

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

Have you heard of “diya tale andhera” or of marriage therapists being divorced themselves? It is easy to be *astute* and make the right decisions when it is not personal. Which is why a doctor never operates on family.

Also, there is no doubt that Khushi was not happy with him. But he thought that Khushi would never accept divorce because of her traditionalism which is also absolutely astute and true. The way he went about it may be wrong, but his intent was not. He thought he was giving her a chance to move on and be truly happy. And *maybe* he thought discussing with Khushi would just end up with Khushi compromising and he didn’t want that anymore. Also, like I mentioned, the biggest blind spot is always personal. He did not talk to Khushi because he never has. Its just that it was never a problem in the past.

Also, I am not sure which exact questions or assumptions have been answered, but I don’t think they have been answered by the story so far, so I will just hope these blanks will be filled in by the story :)

Arnav cleared to Payal his reason for divorce is he was tired of years of responsibilities and first time he’s choosing his happiness and he has fallen out of love…
VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

You-Know-Who thumbnail

Arnav cleared to Payal his reason for divorce is he was tired of years of responsibilities and first time he’s choosing his happiness and he has fallen out of love…

I am not sure which chapter this is, but this does not negate anything I have said earlier.

Now that you mention Payal though, I remember this conversation:

…..

I was the one who filed for the divorce Payal.” Arnav said bitterly. “What does that tell you?”

“That you can make a mistake too sometimes? That you did not anticipate these turn of events. That you wanted Khushi to be around you, even if she wasn’t your wife? Who the hell are you fooling Arnav? you’re a mess! This is the time to play the asshole and go tell her what you feel. She is unhappy without you too! Everything is happening so fast. She might just get married to this guy! “

“I can’t” Arnav said as he ran a frustrated hand through his hair. While his heart had started to hurt with the last sentence “It still doesn’t give me the right to just go back to her and ask her to come back. What will I tell her? Come back and be miserable with me again when a different life was almost knocking at your door? That come, and let’s work on our issues, at the end of which I will still not want a child while you had the chance to be a mother within reach?”

…..

I have pasted a very small part of this conversation, but if you read this entire conversation, it gives an insight into his choices/his decisions and how his brain works.

Edited by You-Know-Who - 1 years ago
You-Know-Who thumbnail

Arpita, please take rest. We can wait for the chapter. I can understand how taxing it might be both physically to write such a huge one, as well as emotionally. Please take your time, and take a break :) Good Night!

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Really ?? I seem to have missed this. Where did you read this??

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

I am not sure which chapter this is, but this does not negate anything I have said earlier.

Now that you mention Payal though, I remember this conversation:

…..

I was the one who filed for the divorce Payal.” Arnav said bitterly. “What does that tell you?”

“That you can make a mistake too sometimes? That you did not anticipate these turn of events. That you wanted Khushi to be around you, even if she wasn’t your wife? Who the hell are you fooling Arnav? you’re a mess! This is the time to play the asshole and go tell her what you feel. She is unhappy without you too! Everything is happening so fast. She might just get married to this guy! “

“I can’t” Arnav said as he ran a frustrated hand through his hair. While his heart had started to hurt with the last sentence “It still doesn’t give me the right to just go back to her and ask her to come back. What will I tell her? Come back and be miserable with me again when a different life was almost knocking at your door? That come, and let’s work on our issues, at the end of which I will still not want a child while you had the chance to be a mother within reach?”

…..

I have pasted a very small part of this conversation, but if you read this entire conversation, it gives an insight into his choices/his decisions and how his brain works.

thank you for quoting Arnav and Payal you guys. ❤️❤️❤️❤️Those were important snippets written with a lot of care. Both of those convos are very important. The one Swati mentioned where he is still so confident of his decision. And the absolute crumbling of that confidence in the next one that you-know-who mentioned. I know the changes are subtle, but I wanted someone to point these out. The first conversation of Arnav Payal and the second one have so many changes if you notice ❤️

I didn’t read the rest of the discussion guys. Too tired for that now. Will read them in leisure 😘😘

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Take a break Arpita! We are all here and not going anywhere soon. So relax and do it at your own pace.

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Hey take care, we can wait girl 🥰🥰

You-Know-Who thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

Really ?? I seem to have missed this. Where did you read this??

Hi Shyami,

I think this conversation is in Chapter 4: 2nd January 2016. This is right after divorce.

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

"I've tried Payal. You know I have." Arnav said in a tired voice. "People fall out of love all the time. It happens!"

"You know why I mentioned Meenakshi bar today?" Payal asked seriously. "Because sitting there one day, you told me people don't just fall in love because they're supposed to. That day I dismissed what you were saying, but maybe you were telling the truth. She was just your wife who you were…." Payal Air quoted the next words "…supposed to love! But you never really fell in love with her, did you? You didn't love her then. You don't love her now. You never did!"

"Enough Payal!" Arnav's voice grew dangerously calm. "I know you're angry at me for this decision. But I won't have you question the entirety of my marriage like this as if I was never there. As if I was never in love with her!"

He continued when Payal didn't utter another word.

"Yes, we had differences, and they grew over time. I will not apologize for chasing the life I've always wanted. I like it here, and Khushi doesn't. You know her, she would never say it, but she wasn't happy with me either! I just had the guts to say it." Arnav put a hand on Payal's shoulder and turned her around to face him. "Please trust me. I never wanted things to turn this bitter. I had planned to talk to Khushi and only proceed when she understood what I was trying to do. But she found out and…" Arnav ran his hand through his hair in frustration "…and everything just went to shit. I couldn't control anything. I still haven't wrapped my head around the fact that all of this happened in three days. I never wanted you and Akash to choose sides. I never wanted there to be any sides!"

And then the other one I quoted in an earlier comment is just before he decides to go get Khushi. Like Arpita pointed out, there is a stark difference in Arnav’s demeanor between these two conversations.

But even with that difference, I think even the pardon-my-language “asshole-Arnav” did not arrive at this decision lightly. I think it is easy to think he found another woman and left Khushi when it is not that simple. Arnav has always maintained that a relationship with Lavanya was not on the cards. His divorce has got nothing to do with Lavanya. I think on some level he genuinely believed he was doing Khushi a disservice by not giving her a child, or by not keeping her happy. And what more, he himself was not happy with the loneliness and all the distance….

He cheated in his marriage and thats a sin. Yes. He betrayed Khushi on the most basic level. But just for kicks, imagine the time period where he has not cheated on Khushi yet. During that period, if thoughts of divorce occur in his head, is it really wrong? Lots of people grow apart and separate. Is it wrong for him to think that he deserves to be happy? I think if cheating was not involved, it would be easier to view what Arnav was going through as well.

But cheating was involved, and I think every decision he took after he indulged in cheating was colored by and a direct consequence of his guilt.!

Anyhow, I think even I am stepping out for the day. The real world beckons! :D