Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

You’re correct in that I have not read any of the discussions that have happened so far. So, perhaps my comment is just a repetition of what has already been discussed. Thank you for indulging me.

I agree with most of what you said. They made horrible mistakes, most of all not communicating when things didnt go their way. Like Khushi as she was, was perfect for Arnav when they got married and Arnav was struggling. Arnav was perfect for Khushi because he gave her the freedom, Khushi had not thought was possible for someone like her. In a way their perceived insecurities also complemented each other. However, down the line they stopped being perfect for each other. Now, one could say that is because thats when their true differences started showing when Arnav was no longer in a phase where he constantly needed Khushi to bring him joy. There were other things in his life that gave him the sense of fulfilment and there is nothing wrong with that. For Khushi however what brought her joy never changed. It is tragic.

I am curious to know why you think the way he went about divorce is disgraceful and disrespectful? I think he truly convinced himself that he was no longer the right person for Khushi and Khushi would never concede to divorce (due to her traditional upbringing) even if she was not happy with him (which he truly believed she wasn’t). I believe he really wanted to have a talk with Khushi about it before going through with it as well. However, Khushi was too heartbroken after seeing the pictures to even talk about it. He did not anticipate that, neither did he anticipate Khushi knowing about it before he had a chance to talk to her. I honestly do not think in this situation there is a “graceful” way to get a divorce…

I think and I may be wrong, but I think he was convinced he was not worthy of Khushi (he could not give her a child, she was not happy in his world, he was dirty now since he slept with Lavanya). And hence he had to get a divorce. He would go about it as clinically as he has in life. But he truly did not realize how much Khushi still impacted him, or how important she still was in his life….

Hey hii, first of all welcome to the discussion.

I actually planned to not indulge in anymore discussion about how much arnav is wrong or right because

a) I think i am tired, doing this for a while now.

b) we are anyways going to get an update from his perspective today.

But this part of your comment made me.

Don't they say, the character of a man is not judged when he has nothing, but when he has everything.

and, You can easily judge a character of a man by how he treats someone who can do nothing for him.

Let's assume that now khushi doesn't bring much to his table like she is used to when he had nothing, and now he has other things to give him a sense of fulfillment.... But can that justify the way he has treated khushi. Even khushi had other things to give her a sense of fulfillment, her NGO being one, i am sure being the wife of such a rich man now she also had access to all the fine things in the world (also the fact that they became rich together so she is worth half of all his wealth), but did that make her behave with arnav that way. Doesn't this say something about a person's character, ethics, morals?

I have said yesterday in one of my comments that I am not an arnav hater, my heart absolutely breaks for the 24 year old arnav also and this 34yr old has not only wronged khushi to the extent of probably never being able to make it right for her, but also the 24year old arnav.

Arnav even at this point has everything in place in his life, his parents, his friends, his business, his girl friend who is sitting their with opened arms for him. He has/had it all, emotional, physical all his needs catered.

But Khushi? NONE OF IT. Her parents also have send her back, the one place where she thought she could find a little peace. Her life is as good as barren.

And about his affair, their is no doubt that he continued the affair even after khushi came back from Lucknow, may be slept again or not with L but the affair was continuing with L, do you think they would had had such an easy conversation over the phone where she knows- he is throwing an anniversary party (which was supposed to be a very private one, so there is no chance of her knowing it from any media outlet), he is divorcing his wife, even, i repeat even when he is going to talk to his wife. She is being informed about it all. But not khushi.

I would have still cut him some slack if he would have had come clean to khushi about L after she came back, but no, he went on for months to make her feel like a miserable creature and walked over her self esteem again and again who at that point was not even worthy enough to have a conversation. He can have his reasons but that's what she felt about the whole thing. He didn't even discussed with her, even when he had lawyers on board, when he was sorting out the legalities. CAN YOU BELIEVE? Someone is writing off her fate and she have absolutely no idea.

The GUTs of him to say if he had known that the divorce would break her so much, he would not have proceeded in the first place, so then what he planned to do? continue the affair with his girl friend behind his wife's back or tell her that he slept with another woman, would that have not broken khushi?.

In front of khushi's miseries my mind just gets fogged I guess to understand anything else, may be I myself need more maturing. I understand the then arnav but can NEVER sympathize with the one now.

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

I agree, it is vague. Perhaps the next chapter will shed more light. But Lavanya also has been trying to get more out of Arnav for over 7 years. Her trials despite knowing he was married vouch for the fact that she would stoop to any level just to get him. So, I am inclined to believe that there was foul play involved with those photos. Lavanya knowing about the divorce, could perhaps just be a consequence of Arnav admitting that he was okay sleeping with her now vs before because he had already decided on divorce. But of course everything is conjecture at this point. I think I am consciously choosing to believe that Arnav considers it a mistake because the other side of the story, where he consciously and repeatedly hurts/betrays Khushi is just not acceptable to my brain. I am choosing the path of least resistance, or perhaps plain old delusion.

More than the next chapter, I am actually desperate to read the scene where chapter 9 ended. Where Khushi confronted Arnav! Because thats where the answers lay :)

I really loved reading all your comments and they all pretty much but the mail in the head. It’s like you peeled into my head before penning those comments 😂. But you have a wonderful way of articulating your thoughts. Are you also a writer by any chance??

Yes like everyone else even though I’m disappointed with Arnav and the choices he made later on in life (infidelity) basically he isn’t a bad guy. We are yet to know what happened that led him to what he did but I agree with your characterization of him in your comments.
No I don’t think he should be forgiven because he definitely crossed a line and maybe that changed everything forever but still I can’t hate him. Like I keep saying in my previous comments infidelity is not black and white - there is a lot of grey there and it’s not as cut and dry as we would like it to be.

i am also waiting eagerly for that confrontation to continue but I guess Arpita would like to keep us waiting a little longer. For all you know she must be thinking you guys can’t sleep now ? Wait till you see my next chapter and I will see how you guys can sleep 😂😂😂 Right Arpita?

Sorry I may have tagged the wrong You Know Who but I can’t seem to change it. Apologies to who ever I tagged ☹️ or maybe we can welcome a new reader soon 😉

Edited by shyamidutt - 1 years ago
Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

I really loved reading all your comments and they all pretty much but the mail in the head. It’s like you peeled into my head before penning those comments 😂. But you have a wonderful way of articulating your thoughts. Are you also a writer by any chance??

Yes like everyone else even though I’m disappointed with Arnav and the choices he made later on in life (infidelity) basically he isn’t a bad guy. We are yet to know what happened that led him to what he did but I agree with your characterization of him in your comments.
No I don’t think he should be forgiven because he definitely crossed a line and maybe that changed everything forever but still I can’t hate him. Like I keep saying in my previous comments infidelity is not black and white - there is a lot of grey there and it’s not as cut and dry as we would like it to be.

i am also waiting eagerly for that confrontation to continue but I guess Arpita would like to keep us waiting a little longer. For all you know she must be thinking you guys can’t sleep now ? Wait till you see my next chapter and I will see how you guys can sleep 😂😂😂 Right Arpita?

Sorry I may have tagged the wrong You Know Who but I can’t seem to change it. Apologies to who ever I tagged ☹️ or maybe we can welcome a new reader soon 😉

You are right, he is not a bad guy-Yes, and that is the whole point.

Same. I keep on saying, once the suspense is out it will get easier, but now i think what if arpita takes it as a challenge, like hold my beer, let me see how it gets any easy.

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Guys, i thought i will be able to finish up early. Unfortunately, Saturday is the only day when i can write without much distraction so the majority of the chapter is still being completed today only. It will be up around its usual time only :/

You guys can chill around for at least another 4-5 hours. I updated because i knew some of you would be checking the thread.

Ghanav thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

OMG!it is Saturday....iam dreading to read

Mamree82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

And after today's update, you this new thread will also start the journey for thread 3.. it's already page 25..but seriously, the more I think about the upcoming chapters, specially about Arnav and Labanya affairs, I became restless..and my opinion regarding Khushi should/ must get the divorce and free herself from Arnav becomes more strong..I had read the story 4 times, specially the last two chapters are haunting me ..

Dear Author, waiting for your next dhamaka..but at present, no ounce of feeling for Arnav except extreme dislike..

Waiting

imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Thank you Shveta 😍😍

Yeah the social issues come only as a part of the story. They’re never my main intention. My main focus is to let out the story of these two people I had in my head.

I get what you’re saying. I began this story with the ending set in my head so that helps in my temperament greatly. I definitely get emotional and overwhelmed. But it’s a flawed story of imperfect people. It’s bound to make a lot of people uncomfortable. Maybe with the choices the characters made or with the general storyline itself. I’m taking it all as a part of the experience :)

But as I said repeatedly and even in the previous comment; the ending is done. I have written it already. So that I have a goal to work towards. I have already accepted that not everyone is going to be onboard with it. So it’s a mini challenge for myself to see if people find that the story was worth their time, even if the end wasn’t everything they wanted :)

Considering the current timeline, I think this story will go 7-8 years in the future....There must be a reason currently they are in 2015- ish year..

I would like to believe it takes these many years for Khushi to find her footing and a solid position... maybe?

Ghanav thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Considering the current timeline, I think this story will go 7-8 years in the future....There must be a reason currently they are in 2015- ish year..

I would like to believe it takes these many years for Khushi to find her footing and a solid position... maybe?

Wow!!i think this is a great possibility.when u pointed it out ,i feel it makes more sense ....don't know what our writer is really upto??As you said khushi may become independent but may be without any man in her life because writer had given such an option in the game related to the story...

Nimbus_211 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: imshveta

I've had the same thought Shveta!

Not sure if we are in a blast from the past phase at this time in the story.

Edited by Nimbus_211 - 1 years ago
You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Puja,

Thank you so much for indulging me by responding to my comments and I can understand how taxing this is especially when you guys have discussed this over and over again.

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I wanted to clarify one thing: I did not in any of my comments make a verdict of how right or wrong Arnav and Khushi are. I did not deliver a judgement. I viewed them as characters and tried to understand what led them to their choices and current state. So I was not really talking about who is right, or who is wrong or whether Arnav’s deed is forgivable or not.

To make a conclusion about anything honestly, there is not just enough data in the story yet. Everyone fills in the blanks and I can understand that the blanks are basically filled in based on each individual’s life experience and that’s why this is such a good topic to debate.

To reply to “judge someone when they have everything”: I think the highlighted part of my comment was not leading there. All I said was when they met/married, their personalities and nature/nurture was exact compliment of what they needed in their lives at that point of time. Without an effort. Like a jigsaw puzzle falling into place by a stroke of luck. But down the line it wasn’t the same. Their personalities/exposure were no longer the complement of what they were dealing with in their lives. To make the marriage work, it would need work from both their ends and that’s when miscommunication crept in.

As for why I believe that the La affair was not long term is because Nov 2015 is the first time he ignored Khushi in a terrible way. I would assume/place infidelity around that date. To Khushi, his behavior must have felt devastating. But to Arnav, I think it was his guilt. And by Dec 2015 they were divorcing. I think he wanted to get away from this terrible thing he had done in the fastest way possible and that’s why he went about it the way he went about it. But see at this point this is just conjecture. There isn’t enough evidence, at least not to me.

i think when someone reads the story so far like I did: in one go, versus in a chapter format, where you get a chance to ruminate each characters faults and mistakes for a week before the next one comes along, it brings about a different perspective.