Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

Arpita,

I am so glad my comment made you happy :) The least I could do to return the favor for giving us a beautifully written *real* story!

I think I got most of what you shared in the comment from what I read. However, I think I missed focusing on the fact that Khushi probably wanted to go to Lucknow because she thought it was important to Arnav. Although, I do not believe Arnav thinks that. The problem with the kind of thinking where you think you know someone is that you may be right 99% of the time, but that 1% of the time is when things just get messed up. However I do not think Khushi was completely wrong either. Arnav does care about his parents even now. I think he felt betrayed by them on some level as well though. Its not exactly black and white!

I feel for Khushi though. There was a chapter where Arnav marvels the fact that Khushi always called his family as “our family”.

But in the last chapter, for the first time when Khushi confronts Arnav about Lavanya, she says “I was taking care of *your* family”. If that single statement is not a testament to how much she is hurt and how devastated she is, I do not know what is!!

A lot of stuff is obviously not clear yet, because the story is not complete. I look forward to your perspective and *your* characters!

I initially thought this story was on infidelity. But I do not think that anymore. I think this story is about growing apart even when you have loved each other with such devotion. Infidelity is a consequence, not the cause.

P.S. Do you have an ETA on the next update? I am wondering if I have the capacity to stay up since its late night here :)

Thanks a lot. Yeah, the story is still true to its title. Resurgence of something or somethings. I understand it’s not clear till now what is it exactly talking about.

The next chapter is supposed to be up today and till now I’m on track. Another 8-9 hours though. So I think you can catch up on your sleep. Hope that helps.

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Yes, I agree that part does sting. Lavanya knowing about the divorce! But of course it is not the first of the blunders he made. I think for me, he crossed the blunder line at cheating.

And so on some level, he went about it in the only way he knew how. Detaching himself from Khushi, making the process as clinical as possible. I do not think he did it to hurt Khushi further. I think it was a defense mechanism of a person who could not live with his own guilt of cheating. But I *may* be wrong. All my assumptions and analysis of Arnav’s character are based on the fact that he definitely considers it a mistake that he cheated and he did not continue doing it.

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Arpita, man you have ruined all my fav music for me, everything i listen someway gets related to this damned story. The latest edition is this one-

https://youtu.be/eTnrzEuVz-0

This is an absolute favorite (actual the whole album and the film, everything) partly because it has Rabindra Sangeet included to it, this song is a nostalgia to may be every bengali girl, each one of has started our Rabindra Nirtya with "phoole phoole"... now even the lyrics of this reminds me of this story.

The transition of Shekhar and Lolita from children to adults reminds me of Arnav Khushi.

Maan main sham ho ya savera

Lagaa teri hi yaadon ka deraa

Tune bandhan kyon ya toda

Tune kahe ko munh moda

Kahoo naa kaho naa kahoo naa...

Edited by Pujakrishna - 1 years ago
BollyBabe75 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

You Know Who, Arpita answered the question about the way he went about the divorce being disrespectful and disgraceful. Also, when he started pulling away he was relieved to not even being in the same room as her. He was gone from home out of country, out of Bombay, at times she wasn’t even sure where he was and he came home late if at all. Then he was going to spring the divorce on her the day after their 10th anniversary after she wrote him the note saying she loved him and was the luckiest woman in the world.

“I slept with Lavenya” can be translated as a one time thing or it could be more than once. Vague in my mind. The fact that Lavenya knows about the divorce, and has dreams of taking the affair into something more plus the pictures were from various times calls into question whether it was a one time thing or not.

I do think once he slept with Lavenya he didn’t sleep with Khushi again. I think at that point he felt that if he was capable of adultery he no longer loved Khushi and the marriage held no meaning for him anymore. Since his ego tells him he is righteous man and since he is unhappy, she is unhappy and for her own good he will break her heart and divorce her. He wanted to talk to her after the fact to assuage his guilt and get closure in his mind, give her a generous alimony and that will make up for what he is doing. Just things didn’t go as he thought and he was surprised and troubled by that. He wasn’t in control anymore.

Edited by BollyBabe75 - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pujakrishna

Arpita, man you have ruined all my fav music for me, everything i listen someway gets related to this damned story. The latest edition is this one-

https://youtu.be/eTnrzEuVz-0

This is an absolute favorite (actual the whole album and the film everything) partly because it is has Rabindra Sangeet included to it, this song is a nostalgia to may be every bengali girl, each one of has started our Rabindra Nirtya with "phoole phoole"... now even the lyrics of this reminds me of this story.

The transition of Shekhar and Lolita from children to adults reminds me of Arnav Khushi.

Maan main sham ho ya savera

Lagaa teri hi yaadon ka deraa

Tune bandhan kyon ya toda

Tune kahe ko munh moda

Kahoo naa kaho naa kahoo naa...

this is so uncanny because I was listening to ‘raat akeli hai’ from the same movie just about now while writing!!!!!! And this was next on the playlist!

The lyrics you wrote specifically brought up one scene in my head. Arnav coming back from a party, looking at the empty staircase where Khushi was always present. And realising for the first time that he lost his home.

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

I agree, it is vague. Perhaps the next chapter will shed more light. But Lavanya also has been trying to get more out of Arnav for over 7 years. Her trials despite knowing he was married vouch for the fact that she would stoop to any level just to get him. So, I am inclined to believe that there was foul play involved with those photos. Lavanya knowing about the divorce, could perhaps just be a consequence of Arnav admitting that he was okay sleeping with her now vs before because he had already decided on divorce. But of course everything is conjecture at this point. I think I am consciously choosing to believe that Arnav considers it a mistake because the other side of the story, where he consciously and repeatedly hurts/betrays Khushi is just not acceptable to my brain. I am choosing the path of least resistance, or perhaps plain old delusion.

More than the next chapter, I am actually desperate to read the scene where chapter 9 ended. Where Khushi confronted Arnav! Because thats where the answers lay :)

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

this is so uncanny because I was listening to ‘raat akeli hai’ from the same movie just about now while writing!!!!!! And this was next on the playlist!

The lyrics you wrote specifically brought up one scene in my head. Arnav coming back from a party, looking at the empty staircase where Khushi was always present. And realising for the first time that he lost his home.

Same pinch then..❤

I was also revisiting the whole album, i heard "raat akeli hai" last night.

I found the lyrics relating to khushi.... It was her saying to arnav- tune bandhan kyun yaa toda, kaise kaatein sunni raatein, kaise bhoole bitii bateein, kahoo naa, kahoo naa.

The whole videography of the song is so innocent, the part where saif takes little vidya to his savings and tells her to take money from here whenever she needs.... I found it so similar to the then arnav trusting khushi with his finances. The trust.

Shantanu Moitra outshined himself with this album..❤

BollyBabe75 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

You Know Who, I think he does know it was a mistake and regrets it. I don’t think he did it to deliberately hurt Khushi. But, there does seem to be emotional infidelity along with the physical. This could have gone on once he felt he no longer loved Khushi and he carried on once he decided to divorce Khushi which was in the works for several months. Arnav doesn’t seem like a man that would just sleep with someone for his physical needs. After all he and Khushi didn’t consummate their marriage for months even though they slept in the same bed and Arnav’s hormones were raging. And he is a very disciplined man. The pulling away from Khushi in the cruel way he did, and then the way he conducted the divorce calls into question the frequency, duration and the type of affair it was. I do think Lavenya sent the photos to Khushi. Lavenya’s house of cards says she was not above playing her cards to get him. But a house made of cards will come tumbling down. No sympathy for him from me to get involved with a woman like Lavenya.

Edited by BollyBabe75 - 1 years ago
dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Omg Arpita! Congratulations on thread 2. I was a bit late to IPKKND forum and missed the golden days when the stories had such overwhelming discussions. I might not be able to articulate my thoughts well but reading the thoughts of the other readers gives so much insight into the characters. They open the window to new interpretations and make you want to read the whole thing in a new light.

P.S Just noticed that the previous chapter has been labelled as 1/4, looks like we are in for a long ride. All I can think about is reading their confrontation regarding the elephant in the room. Their relationship is at a point where you are trying to stuff the elephant into a fridge which leaves us with 2 possibilities; either the elephant will go in or the fridge will break apart.

God, bless me with patience! And bless Khushi with the strength to brave the storm.

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: dair10arshi

Omg Arpita! Congratulations on thread 2. I was a bit late to IPKKND forum and missed the golden days when the stories had such overwhelming discussions. I might not be able to articulate my thoughts well but reading the thoughts of the other readers gives so much insight into the characters. They open the window to new interpretations and make you want to read the whole thing in a new light.

P.S Just noticed that the previous chapter has been labelled as 1/4, looks like we are in for a long ride. All I can think about is reading their confrontation regarding the elephant in the room. Their relationship is at a point where you are trying to stuff the elephant into a fridge which leaves us with 2 possibilities; either the elephant will go in or the fridge will break apart.

God, bless me with patience! And bless Khushi with the strength to brave the storm.

Thank you so much love ❤️❤️❤️

god what a brilliant analogy. Let’s see if the elephant gets in or the fridge breaks😂😂😂

Yeah I think all of us are a little shocked with thread two though we saw it coming when discussions started going on a bit too seriously. What I’m more surprised with is that it occurred so soon after last chapter. When I updated the last one, I was sure that thread will accommodate 2 more. Clearly I was wrong but it’s a pleasant surprise 😂