Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: TheSpark

What in the world. 🙄🙄🙄 Thread 2? Congratulations writerji. It's been 2 months and I Intentionaly stepped away from the world of fiction because already told u guys the main theme and infedlity remind me of my A and that MF Ba@t#rd. 😭😭. I was busy with my internship and project submission and u people already moved to thread 2..it is a miracle in our almost in the verge of death IPK forum. The last time I saw this type of activity in this forum was in 2018. After that many writers quit, few shift to wattpad, few started their own blog stories ( some of the best). The topic of infidelity won 😭. The last Story of ( not infedlity but divorce) I read about Arshi was of Ssanjjanika's aka Sandya's "The me within" where arnav and Khushi married very young arnav at the age of 22 and she I guess 18(i don't remember much) they had a son soon after. He at the age of 36 demand divorce because the domesticity is taking toll on him (or something along the Line that most of our parents r doing living in auto pilot mode, eating working sleeping). He and his 14 year is not that close. Khushi was a housewife how she reacted and emerged as a confident lady is the main story plot.

Now coming to this story, I need to read it from chapter 4 or 5 onwards I guess?

Can you or someone give me link of "Me Within", I wanted to but could never read it...

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

Tashi sweetheart, sorry I forgot to tag you but you are back... I remember you are on the light side...

Your twin had gone nuts and has actually started dreaming about this story! 😉 😉

Let's hang in there together... For the big bang tomorrow...

I am still on the light side, there is wi fi connection here which sucks but I could not just help myself, the kind of obsession we have we just make an effort to be on the forum.

I can understand Puja because I wanted to cry for Khushi in the middle of the night.

Look Arnav banged his chick, and now feels sorry, now I want to Khushi to bang someone only then Arnav can start his redemption. 😜

I hope I get to read the update today 🤞🏻

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashi26

I am still on the light side, there is wi fi connection here which sucks but I could not just help myself, the kind of obsession we have we just make an effort to be on the forum.

I can understand Puja because I wanted to cry for Khushi in the middle of the night.

Look Arnav banged his chick, and now feels sorry, now I want to Khushi to bang someone only then Arnav can start his redemption. 😜

I hope I get to read the update today 🤞🏻

Bang Bang raat bhar 😜 😜 😜

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Can you or someone give me link of "Me Within", I wanted to but could never read it...

I wish I could but the the writer Sandhya had removed her story from the blog as well because of plagiarism. You can try and message her on the forum SSjanika( I guess that’s her user name).

In it Arnav did not cheat, he never wanted to divorce actually also, he loved Khushi from his childhood, so yeah very different from Resurgence but the one problem was same their lack of communication.

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: BollyBabe75

Khushi no longer expects anything from Arnav. She has lost all trust and faith in him. She questions whether her whole life was built on lies. Did he ever love her? She voices doubts that if he never loved her and was unfaithful once he could do it again, when she asked if he would throw her out again and asked him to tell her and not let her hear it from his secretary. At this point I don’t think she trusts anyone. Her family has let her down. She was distant with Akash and Payal on the way back to Bombay. She feels truly alone when she says her only worth is in being Arnav’s wife.

Restoring trust after his abominable betrayal will take months, years even, if ever. No matter how he has behaved in the past this heartbreaking betrayal is so soul killing it has altered her life forever. In my mind it almost wipes out all of the good he has done in the past. That hurt will always be there waiting to rear its ugly head at the most unexpected moments. That jolt will always jar her, only if briefly.

And he has altered his own life forever by that one act of infidelity. She tells him she loves him enough to overlook almost everything but doesn’t know how to forgive that.

We understand his redemption has started by his remorse and guilt. But I don’t think he understands the depth of Khushi’s misery as evidenced by him saying if had known how broken she would be he wouldn’t have started the divorce. My God, that one sentence of his absolutely enrages me. I’m still trying to put in words why it does. It takes two to make a marriage work. Most people don’t stray if all of their needs are being met. But many people become unhappy sometime in their marriage and aren’t unfaithful.

I can understand what his feelings were that led to his behavior but for me he is over and out when he strayed and treated her horribly.

Was he planning to contine affair with La behind her back? Now she is officially allowing him to that, lead his life while she leads hers...

I said long ago - but in real world the mental toll it takes on the partner that got cheated, takes years to heal and they still keep blaming and asking themselves what they could have done differently, when actually they are not at fault..

Khushi should build the courage to give him the divorce that he so desperately wanted and asking lawyers the fastest track process... She should not take an ounce of help from him to rebuild her own life and lead it to the fullest - Marry, have kids that she desired for so many many years... No woman who wants kids would ever like to be tagged as infertile but she was willing to go that route for him... This time she must trust her insinct to choose her partner, marry again and have wonderful babies beautiful inside out like her, she doesn't deserve to be lonely, depressed at all...

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Hi Arpita,

I spent the better part of today reading this story of yours and I just could not stay away from it! You have woven a story that is flawed, human and yet, incredibly beautiful. I understand that at this juncture in the story, the word beautiful might be controversial to use, but I started reading this story with an overall black or white thinking, but right now, as I am putting into words how I am feeling after reading this story in one go, I have to say that I can understand Arnav. Not condone him, but understand him. And believe me, I have always been a person to whom loyalty has been everything, and so this notion is very surprising to me, and unsettling as well.

Pardon me, this is going to be a long rambling post but I need to get my thoughts in order, and writing them out really helps with that. So yes, the word beautiful. I guess I am attributing that to your storytelling and the way you weave your words than anything else. I am generally not a fan of time skip stories because my anxiety-ridden brain does not enjoy keeping track of the order of the events and I have a major fear of missing out too, but I think that is an absolutely genius move for a story of this kind. I love how you pick out fitting scenes from the past that complement the present. This does not let you be biased against any of the characters. Well, mainly Arnav, because so far majority of the story has been from his point of view, describing the kind of person he is and the kind of life he has led so far, and what he is capable of.

I will talk about Arnav, but I want to talk about Khushi first, mainly because most of the story so far has shown us Khushi from Arnav’s point of view. The fact that I think Khushi is a simple, elegant, wise, breathtaking human being with an incredible capacity to give, is just a testament to exactly what Arnav thinks about her. Arnav knows that he would not have made it without her. Which is exactly why his first proclamation of love to her was when he truly accepted that Khushi was happy with him despite living in the conditions that he viewed as his personal shortcomings. Even in the last few chapters when Arnav is wracked with guilt over what he really did to Khushi and their marriage, he never once blames her. He blames everyone: their village, Lavanya and Manali, most of all himself but never Khushi. He does not even resent Khushi for what can be perceived as moving on too quickly after they filed for divorce. Yes, he is annoyed that Khushi cannot take a stand against their parents and that she was so self sacrificial that she would give up anything to make her parents happy, but he does not blame Khushi for it.

His thoughts:

“The next fit of rage drove his clenched fist to collide with the rigid wall next to him. Lavanya, Manali, Shyam, and entirety of Uma Nagar, he could personally throw all of these people into the fiery pits of hell and then take a plunge into the depths himself.”

Khushi remains as the one thing in his life that has been untouched by negativity, almost pious. She fell into his life like a stroke of luck. The exact kind of partner who would have weathered the life of struggle and supported him as he tried to get out of it. And what more, bring joy into his life while he was struggling.

No, I do not believe he never loved her. On the contrary, I think he loved her too much, almost worshipped her, and that coupled with his inability to make her happy or keep her happy pushed him to do what he did. He felt unworthy of her. And so he became. It’s the most obvious form of self-sabotage.

Arnav has spent majority of life in struggle, burning both of ends of the candle. That kind of life, leaves scars. Scars of always wanting to fix something, always wanting the struggle even if things are good. It is hard for such people to “not be struggling” at any point of time because that is not their natural state. I think something similar happened to Arnav. His life of money was taking him away from Khushi, and he realized that Khushi does not enjoy the kind of life he was leading. He could not even fulfill the one wish she has asked of him in years and this inadequacy is what Arnav cannot deal with. I believe thats what leads him to Lavanya. And look at the choice of partner he cheats with right? He neither respects Lavanya, nor loves her. He is aware of her immorality and yet he chooses that woman to cheat on his wife with? I think he already felt immoral and inadequate long before he even entertained the idea of Lavanya. Lavanya just helped him make it into a reality. Helped him justify that he was not worth Khushi.

Another thing that I noticed is how Arnav has absolutely zero emotional range to deal with any kind of loss. He does not dwell on, take a day to feel loss, but he just jumps on how best to fix it. And although, that is exactly what makes him so successful, it makes him unable to grieve properly. He dedicated most of his life to paying off loans for his father/sister at the cost of his comfort. And yet to hear from your own father that he didn’t do enough, or that he abandoned them… I cannot imagine how devastated he must be, but he just does not deal with it. A part of him must have felt some resentment for his parents then? But no, he just stays away, does not talk about it and does not deal with it. He does not even tell Khushi why exactly her frequent trips to Lucknow bother him so much. Yes, it is the push for the child by his family in Lucknow, their backward thinking, and something more that bothers him, but I think more than anything else it is the implicit choice that Khushi made of being more in Lucknow than with him that makes him believe that *even* Khushi must think his father is right. Khushi stood by him through thick and thin, but to him when the choice came between him and the “elders of the family” Khushi’s traditional nature invariably did not choose him. And that hurt! That is why he probably felt “suffocated” in domesticity. It was not the things that were said, but the things and feelings that were never said!

Which brings me to Khushi. The last chapter physically hurt me. Your words were so potent that I could actually *be* Khushi for a bit. Imagined myself in a place of a woman-child who made a man her god, her world. Who was so selfless that she never really expected much but the bare minimum. Who could compromise if her Arnav needed it a thousand times over. Who could probably just jump off a cliff if Arnav told her to. To be betrayed in such a fashion by that man? And to find out in such cruel manner must devastate anyone, but more than anyone: a pure soul like Khushi. Must make one person question everything in their life. Take away their sense of self. And that is exactly what happened with her.

And the most ironical thing of all is the exact qualities of Khushi that helped Arnav make a name for himself: her generosity, her selflessness, her easygoing nature, her zero “personal” expectations, are the qualities that pushed her away from Arnav once he made it big. I can marvel at the irony of it all, but it just makes me incredibly sad for them. Sad to see them grow as individuals but grow apart from each other.

I think we will see more of Khushi in the upcoming chapters, but when Khushi was first faced with going with Arnav to an office party she called Payal to help her groom. She was strong enough to face her insecurities and want to move with Arnav. But somewhere down the line she let her insecurities get better of her. The story mentions words like “Dehati”, villager etc for Khushi which does not make it hard to imagine she must have completely withdrawn from these kind of people after having seen their double standards and their cruelty up close. Possibly the high society’s cruelty further helped her enshrine her village, her family back home, the life she used to remember as a kid, basically her comfort zone. But I wish she had confided in Arnav. I wish she had not worshipped him as a God, and treated him as an equal. Because if she had done that, bared herself to be “human” in Arnav’s eyes then they both could have addressed their short comings together.

However, having said that, I do realize that it is incredibly easy to see all this as a third person, but hard to understand and accept when you’re living it.

Arpita, you have woven real, breathing characters that are flawed even in their supposed perfection, and absolutely perfect in their flaws. Thank you so much for sharing your words with us. It makes you appreciate the grey in life, makes you understand that people are messed up, and sometimes being too good is exactly what leads you to heartbreak.

I look forward to Arnav’s redemption, understanding where he went wrong, making it up to her, regardless of whether she forgives or not. I look forward to Khushi’s growth. To understand and accept herself and build an identity for herself outside of being Khushi Singh Raizada! Khushi is facing what looks like an insurmountable heartbreak, but I am sure a woman of her caliber and grace will only emerge out of it a diamond.

Awaiting the next chapter like a person who cannot look away from a road accident!

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Bang Bang raat bhar 😜 😜 😜

You guys need to stop, I just had my breakfast i can't throw it up all now.🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Tashi yaar the terms that you come up with, first love story now this bang and chick..

Yuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk.

BollyBabe75 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Wow, You Know Who. Here again a new person weighs in with a powerful interpretation. I not sure I agree with you about his reasons for turning to Lavenya but we shall soon see. But even if that is the convoluted reason for his dirty deed Arnav is right as is Payal. He doesn’t deserve her.

I do agree with you about Arnav’s emotional capacity and how he deals with problems. I also believe he loved Khushi in the earlier years of their marriage and was a good husband.

The resurgence for Arnav, as I said at the beginning of the story, would be to repent his wrong doing, make it up to Khushi and emerge a better human being. He is a disappointment, as someone earlier pointed out, to his 24 year old self.

And has been said by everyone, Khushi’s resurgence is to emerge like a phoenix or emerge as you say, a diamond, reshaped by heartbreak back into the loving, gracious woman that is stronger and in charge of her life.

Will there be a resurgence of love, understanding, communication, forgiveness and appreciation for each other for the marriage to survive? For many of us that would be an impossibility but Khushi is an extraordinary woman who has loved Arnav to distraction.

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BollyBabe75

Wow, You Know Who. Here again a new person weighs in with a powerful interpretation. I not sure I agree with you about his reasons for turning to Lavenya but we shall soon see. But even if that is the convoluted reason for his dirty deed Arnav is right as is Payal. He doesn’t deserve her.

I do agree with you about Arnav’s emotional capacity and how he deals with problems. I also believe he loved Khushi in the earlier years of their marriage and was a good husband.

The resurgence for Arnav, as I said at the beginning of the story, would be to repent his wrong doing, make it up to Khushi and emerge a better human being. He is a disappointment, as someone earlier pointed out, to his 24 year old self.

And has been said by everyone, Khushi’s resurgence is to emerge like a phoenix or emerge as you say, a diamond, reshaped by heartbreak back into the loving, gracious woman that is stronger and in charge of her life.

Will there be a resurgence of love, understanding, communication, forgiveness and appreciation for each other for the marriage to survive? For many of us that would be an impossibility but Khushi is an extraordinary woman who has loved Arnav to distraction.

Hello! Nice to e-meet you! Thank you for taking the time to read my huge-ass coment!

I did not delve into who deserves who in my comment, because personal experience has shown me that world does not work that way. Sometimes what we view as deserving or non-deserving does not appear the same to the people in question. One person’s red flags are another person’s green flags!

I merely just analyzed the characters based on how they appeared to me. Arnav is always shown to be an upstanding person (before his cheating), to the extent that he has sacrificed things (read: college) that he rightly deserved in service of others. All of his adult life was spent caring/earning for his family and living in a dump. One could say he was as selfless as he believes Khushi is, when he up and about married a girl his mother wanted for him. This from a person who *did not* grow up in the village. What I am trying to say is that for Khushi to marry Arnav was the most normal thing, but for a man like Arnav to give up that choice in life partner: a sacrifice. I say that because Khushi was raised with that background that she would be married off to whoever her family deemed fit. Arnav was not. He lived in the city, possesses a brilliant brain and is basically not a patriarchal ass. When such people make it big, they end with a sense of rebelliousness/resentment (either conscious or subconscious). Things seem like “I have sacrificed so much in life, now I deserve the fame, the money, the comfort”. However, in doing that he left his family and Khushi behind. They did not enjoy his success as much as he did. This is a recipe for disaster/miscommunication.

The difference between Arnav and Khushi’s sacrifice (be it of any kind) is that Arnav knows its a sacrifice, Khushi does not think its a sacrifice. For her, it is the most obvious thing to give your all to your husband. One does not miss/want for things that they do not think, exist.

I think when you start to question who is deserving/undeserving: it is true that Khushi set incredibly low standards for Arnav and he messed that up too. Arnav is at fault, period! But I think some fault for setting such incredibly low standards lie with Khushi too, right? Arnav has tried to get her to stand up, think for herself and yet she kept on giving chances after chances to people in her life (parents, in-laws) who did not deserve it. Atleast not in the moment. Khushi let herself just be “Khushi Singh Raizada”, not Khushi. It is just sad though, that is all she was taught. By the virtue of her innocence, her upbringing, she was not the right partner for Arnav when he made big. And something has to be said about that too. As I said before they *did not* grow together.

Arnav cheated and he took the step that ruined their marriage. Yes. Absolutely. She may never be the same again. *THEY* may never be the same again. But let it not be said that only one hand made the clapping sound.

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: tashi26

I wish I could but the the writer Sandhya had removed her story from the blog as well because of plagiarism. You can try and message her on the forum SSjanika( I guess that’s her user name).

In it Arnav did not cheat, he never wanted to divorce actually also, he loved Khushi from his childhood, so yeah very different from Resurgence but the one problem was same their lack of communication.

Tashi isn't it that one where they have 2 sons i guess, the first one was unplanned. They married so early because his mother was ill or something. There is a mention of lavanya though she works in his company, and there is nk also right, who is a painter was khushi's friend and also an one sided lover of her.

If we are both taking about the same, then i read it. It was actually good.He actually loved khushi but still asked for D, as always men are ass when it comes to feelings.