Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Does he regret his actions? He does now. But its a little too late. He should have regretted the moment he came even close to Lavanya in any significant way. He should have regretted when he pushed his wife away when she kept reaching out to him. The need for companionship and loneliness does not apply to him. He had all that. He threw it away himself.

He is in deep pain and guilt now though. Not that it helps her in any way. Not at this time. There is room for redemption. It will not be an easy road though. There is no way to undo the damage. That crack will always be there. But he can make sure it diminishes with time. A long time.

Can she ever get those images out of her mind? She will compare herself with Lavanya at every step. Every thing he does, every gesture will be compared. Did he do that for Lavanya too?

How will he convince her that she is the one and will be the one?

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Thank you vshkr ❤️❤️❤️❤️

I think I can understand the feeling of you saying it looks like Arnav cheated on us. I think so many people have taken the story personally. It makes me happy and terrified in equal measure :)

Also, I think tomorrow’s chapter is anyway difficult for you guys since the beginning. So many people pointed out to emotional infidelity being just as gross and tough to read. I am not saying what’s coming up tomorrow will warrant that. But yeah. It’s time we get it over with the suspense and secrecy. If you’re worried about the physical intimacy part in detail, I don’t think I can do that even if I want. I’m not comfortable with those scenes just yet. So that’s anyway out of the question. Of course it doesn’t mean that we won’t have any of that. But you don’t need to worry bout the details :)

I sense a very strong emotional infidelity angel coming. But ofcourse let's see.

I can feel my heart beats in my ears. Like some one has opened the lid of my ears and hot air coming out of it. That dreaded.

Edited by Pujakrishna - 1 years ago
shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Aww Puja ☹️. I guess we all need to do some deep breathing or meditation before the chapter comes out !!

Pujakrishna thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

Aww Puja ☹️. I guess we all need to do some deep breathing or meditation before the chapter comes out !!

I was actually planning how to read it.

Like for sure i am not reading it sitting alone in dark, this kinda setting effects more. I will probably read it in full light with some banging dancing numbers, mindless remixes in the bg.

Edited by Pujakrishna - 1 years ago
coderlady thumbnail

We are all so afraid of reading the next chapter. Like i have said before, rip the bandaid off and get it over with. Hopefully we will have some respite soon after that.

We can console ourselves by ranting and raving here.

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Ashviniv

@bold - this is what i feel too. no one (or most everyone) decides to cheat on their spouse intentionally. don't get me wrong they do cheat is still despicable but infidelity is not a broad brush stroke. Every case is different, every story is different is what I feel.

there is case of one of my friends. she is deeply unhappy in marriage. her husband is not able to emotionally support her. she has tried counselling, spirituality and everything. even her husband agrees with her assessment. they don't want to separate for the child. she asked her husband once that what if i strayed? he understood what she was asking and he contemplated too. though she is still holding on to the marriage sanctity but u see this is very delicate situation. every case will have their own story to tell

edit - thats why i feel its very easy to judge people from afar.

I beg to differ... This Arnav's redemption is still completely dilusional concept for me -

Those who have cheating habits, they will always cheat no matter what, but let's keep them aside... And I agree others do not plan on cheating their spose intentionally. But then cheating once, realizing the blunder and act on it right away versus continue cheating behind your spouse's back and on top of it, ill-treat your spouse and do hundred other things for your own guilt / hurt / hatred / escape is another level of narcissism..

We simply cannot ignore except his wife, Arnav had discussed the divorce behind her back with everyone including L. He even discussed with La when he was going to tell her.. He had done everything to protect his image (La and his photo incident), hired lawyer to figure out finances, what he can offer to Khushi and then he wanted to continue with the other woman (asked L to not call for a few days during divorce proceedings)! He was preparing for divorce for months but never find it important to inform Khushi. He never considered how Khushi will feel if she figures out somehow or find about his affair & divorce from others like she did, seriously????

He wanted to use his affair as a perfect excuse to convince her for divorce, clearly indicates he neither had guilt nor regret for his actions! He wanted to talk to Khushi for his own closure.. Once Khushi agreed for divorce and though she agreeing easily stumped him, he did not want to tell Khushi about La at all, in the name of avoiding hurting her further.. So if Shyam didn't happen or he didn't find her note or they simply had gone separate ways, there was never going to be an acceptance, forget the apology or redemption...

Arnav is this story is potrayed as brilliant, hard working, responsible since teenage, respecting woman (Khushi was smitten by his behavior), modern, solution finder, ethical, non-egoistic and most importantly righteous man! The same man has behaved so crass recently, turned so reckless to hurt his wife by doing things she was sensitive about, kill her beliefs applying for divorce, deserting his own wife, parents, treating women like trash, choosing to sleep with worst possible woman who is no less than tramp and he knew it too, and wants to continue with her..

From which angle he was planning to redeem himself????????? Just because the situations forced him the route of thinking and finding out, doesn't mean he is on path to redemption! Difficult situations could come again in life, will he repeat the chain then? This Arnav has failed himself, forgotten virtues given by parents/mom, has lost himself completely during THEIR JOURNEY TOGETHER from rag to riches.. Flying high, he lost his footing... And his efforts now might will never be enough....

I was trying to bring fun with Star Wars but Arnav has become henious Darth Vader, tomorrow we will know how exactly... Arnav's own deduction for the pain he wrought on Khushi is perfect - Lavanya, Manali, Shyam, and entirety of Uma Nagar, he could personally throw all of these people into the fiery pits of hell and then take a plunge into the depths himself. No less punishment Arnav deserves...

Aripta - What a tremedous coincidence, in Star Wars Anakin dies falling in Lava after Obi-wan severs his legs & left arm and Arnav here also is ready to throw himself in fiery pit!

The 101st time I am telling myself I want to understand Arnav's thought process during his affair time to seriously have even an ounce of sympathy that he is no where close to right now... Khushi should still forgive him not because he deserves forgiveness, but because she deserve peace, power and positivity to move on to the path she chooses for herself... But Khushi should not forget to learn her life lesson never to allow anyone else to take her for a ride!

We are judging the fictional characters here critically, improving our own notion of rights and wrongs as a mature group so I am ok with it...

I did share my worry with Arpita that if Arnav turns out to be worse than average Joe, just an ordinary weak man who used excuses and assumptions to bang next available woman, it will be a complete let down of such a beautiful story... But then I am wrong, the characters are build in such a realistic way that mighty do fall from grace in real world too!

All kudos and credits go to our brilliant writer, Arpita, nothing can take away from this beautiful story and her writing style is amazing!

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Guys I came here thinking there will be an update but anyways just read some comments and I feel like bawling.

But I seriously want to ask even if Arnav chose to cheat once under any circumstances why should there even be a redemption for him?

Like so what if he was perfect previously or he was also going through a lot of shit, the thing is he chose to sleep with another person, full fledged affair or ONS for me both are equally bad.

Khushi could not even sit in The front seat with him, while going to penthouse in ch9 Arnav looks at her from the rear view mirror while driving . So definitely she was sitting in the back.

Also no matter how many notes he writes to himself, life and situations do get difficult from time to time. And khushi after this incident even if she forgives him completely will not be the same person. Then will he again cheat?

I don’t know but for me once you decide to sleep with another person there is no redemption.

What hurts me the most is Khushi under duress had to come back with him.

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tashi26

Guys I came here thinking there will be an update but anyways just read some comments and I feel like bawling.

But I seriously want to ask even if Arnav chose to cheat once under any circumstances why should there even be a redemption for him?

Like so what if he was perfect previously or he was also going through a lot of shit, the thing is he chose to sleep with another person, full fledged affair or ONS for me both are equally bad.

Khushi could not even sit in The front seat with him, while going to penthouse in ch9 Arnav looks at her from the rear view mirror while driving . So definitely she was sitting in the back.

Also no matter how many notes he writes to himself, life and situations do get difficult from time to time. And khushi after this incident even if she forgives him completely will not be the same person. Then will he again cheat?

I don’t know but for me once you decide to sleep with another person there is no redemption.

What hurts me the most is Khushi under duress had to come back with him.

Tashi sweetheart, sorry I forgot to tag you but you are back... I remember you are on the light side...

Your twin had gone nuts and has actually started dreaming about this story! 😉 😉

Let's hang in there together... For the big bang tomorrow...

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
BollyBabe75 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Khushi no longer expects anything from Arnav. She has lost all trust and faith in him. She questions whether her whole life was built on lies. Did he ever love her? She voices doubts that if he never loved her and was unfaithful once he could do it again, when she asked if he would throw her out again and asked him to tell her and not let her hear it from his secretary. At this point I don’t think she trusts anyone. Her family has let her down. She was distant with Akash and Payal on the way back to Bombay. She feels truly alone when she says her only worth is in being Arnav’s wife.

Restoring trust after his abominable betrayal will take months, years even, if ever. No matter how he has behaved in the past this heartbreaking betrayal is so soul killing. It has altered her life forever. In my mind it almost wipes out all of the good he has done in the past. That hurt will always be there waiting to rear its ugly head at the most unexpected moments. That painful jolt will always jar her, only if briefly.

And he has altered his own life forever by the act of infidelity. She tells him she loves him enough to overlook almost everything but doesn’t know how to forgive that.

We understand his redemption has started by his remorse and guilt. But I don’t think he understands the depth of Khushi’s misery as evidenced by him saying if had known how broken she would be he wouldn’t have started the divorce. My God, that one sentence of his absolutely enrages me. I’m still trying to put in words why it does. It takes two to make a marriage work. Most people don’t stray if all of their needs are being met. But many people become unhappy sometime in their marriage and aren’t unfaithful.

I can understand what his feelings were that led to his behavior but for me he is over and out when he strayed and treated her horribly.

Edited by BollyBabe75 - 1 years ago
TheSpark thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

What in the world. 🙄🙄🙄 Thread 2? Congratulations writerji. It's been 2 months and I Intentionaly stepped away from the world of fiction because already told u guys the main theme and infedlity remind me of my A and that MF Ba@t#rd. 😭😭. I was busy with my internship and project submission and u people already moved to thread 2..it is a miracle in our almost in the verge of death IPK forum. The last time I saw this type of activity in this forum was in 2018. After that many writers quit, few shift to wattpad, few started their own blog stories ( some of the best). The topic of infidelity won 😭. The last Story of ( not infedlity but divorce) I read about Arshi was of Ssanjjanika's aka Sandya's "The me within" where arnav and Khushi married very young arnav at the age of 22 and she I guess 18(i don't remember much) they had a son soon after. He at the age of 36 demand divorce because the domesticity is taking toll on him (or something along the Line that most of our parents r doing living in auto pilot mode, eating working sleeping). He and his 14 year is not that close. Khushi was a housewife how she reacted and emerged as a confident lady is the main story plot.

Now coming to this story, I need to read it from chapter 4 or 5 onwards I guess?