Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Posted: 1 years ago

We are the world! Gosh, this song brings back so many memories! I can still recognize each singer from the line/s they sing in it! It's a beautiful, heart-warming collaboration between so many great artists! Micheal Jackson and Lionel Richie did a great job with the songwriting. And still relevant, because so many issues call for the World coming together as one and lending a hand

to

Life.. the greatest gift of all! ❤️

Thanks for sharing that one, Darshii! ❤️

Posting here again, cos this is the 80s thread. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3wNuru4U0I

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Reposting the Stevie Wonder songs in the 80s thread as well! 😳 These two happen to be my favorites by him too! 

Originally posted by: dusk2dawn

I remember striking a conversation with my uber driver few weeks back over stevie wonder n here is 2 of my favorite songs of his

https://youtu.be/74mL5f7tr5w

https://youtu.be/VtPLdL5GWDg

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

I quite enjoyed this mash-up. Tastefully done! Thanks for sharing, KJ! 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

The Who- If I had to pick one song of theirs to post it would be this one every time! What an absolute classic! 🙌

https://youtu.be/Gu9HhYv0C7E

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago
KJasoosChulbulP thumbnail

Wow Lizzie. You are coming with such old classics. I had forgotten so long ago. Fab. 

Do you remember this one 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5O6GL7cLY&pp=ygUXc3VnYXIgc3VnYXIgdGhlIGFyY2hpZXM%3D

I feel like I can pick up and Archie’s comic anytime and still read and lmao. 🤣🤣

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Wow Lizzie. You are coming with such old classics. I had forgotten so long ago. Fab. 

Do you remember this one 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om5O6GL7cLY&pp=ygUXc3VnYXIgc3VnYXIgdGhlIGFyY2hpZXM%3D

I feel like I can pick up and Archie’s comic anytime and still read and lmao. 🤣🤣

I love this song! It used to play so often on radio, in fact I learned there was a real group called The Archies - inspired from the comics only much later. The comics - I used to devour. They used to be so much fun. Unfortunately I watched that crap fest called Riverdale hoping it would be something like the comic! *shudder* Never ever making that mistake again! 🤢  

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

I love this song! It used to play so often on radio, in fact I learned there was a real group called The Archies - inspired from the comics only much later. The comics - I used to devour. They used to be so much fun. Unfortunately I watched that crap fest called Riverdale hoping it would be something like the comic! *shudder* Never ever making that mistake again! 🤢  

I never saw that show as I had a gut feeling it would ruin my image of Archie’s. 🤣🤣. Am glad a fellow Archie admirer validated that choice for me. 

I have seen the movie tho. Bob Saget could pull some moves for sure …

yes. The song is fab. :). Are you sure you from Suburbia and still enjoyed (let alone knows) about Archie ? 🤣🤣🤣. Just kidding :). 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

I never saw that show as I had a gut feeling it would ruin my image of Archie’s. 🤣🤣. Am glad a fellow Archie admirer validated that choice for me. 

I have seen the movie tho. Bob Saget could pull some moves for sure …

yes. The song is fab. :). Are you sure you from Suburbia and still enjoyed (let alone knows) about Archie ? 🤣🤣🤣. Just kidding :). 

Why ever not? What has Suburbia got to do with enjoying Archie? In fact, Archie and Betty and most other kids - save for Veronica are middle class in the comic. And I have been an avid reader since childhood and these comics - as well as some others like MAD, Asterix and TinTin - were aplenty when i was growing up. I remember buying up old Archies from raddiwalas. So yes, Suburbians are as well-informed and well-read as elite SoBos - maybe our sources are different but don’t under-estimate our tenacity!  PS: I haven’t seen the Bob Saget movie but I have seen one other one with grown-up versions of the kids and that was forgettable too. So I think Archie is best enjoyed in its og comic form! 

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 years ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Why ever not? What has Suburbia got to do with enjoying Archie? In fact, Archie and Betty and most other kids - save for Veronica are middle class in the comic. And I have been an avid reader since childhood and these comics - as well as some other like MAD, Asterix and TinTin - were aplenty when i was growing up. I remember buying up old Archies from raddiwalas. So yes, Suburbians are as well-informed and well-read as elite SoBos - maybe our sources are different but don’t under-estimate our tenacity!  PS: I haven’t seen the Bob Saver movie but I have seen one other one with grown-up versions of the kids and that was forgettable too. So I think Archie is best enjoyed in its og comic form! 

Mad — spy vs spy. Ooooooo. Wow 

Asterix and Tin - my favs. So many Tin tins I have seen. I so wish there was more. Ruddiwaalaaas were actually best source / recirculator of those. Heck books of all kinds. Had to beg my mom - please. Give me money to read and she would be. Pehley padhai / homework finish karo 🤣🤣. From hardy boys to Nancy drew.. from Archie to tin and from Jeffrey archer to Ludlum to Ayn rand to Richard Bach to game of thrones and the discovery of witches to shadow and bone …… never ending story of my reads. :). 

Waisey Mainey just kidding bolaaa thaaa. 🤣🤣. I feel ek din meri maut honeee hain. Yahaaan heeee. Just for being SoBoite 🤣🤣

P.s. I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me… 🤣🤣. Me but from Wreck it Ralph :)

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 1 years ago

Edited. Wrong place 

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 1 years ago